Jason at Hangout Music Festival

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

thedudeabides

Jason at Hangout Music Festival

Post by thedudeabides »

The initial lineup for the 2013 Hangout fest was released this morning. Jason and the 400 Unit will be playing the fest sometime during the weekend of May 17-20. For those who haven't been, the Hangout Fest is held on the sugar white sands of Gulf Shores, AL. Tom Petty is headlining along with Kings of Leon and one other band to be released soon. Gov't Mule, TAB, Black Crowes, Moe, Public Enemy, The Breeders, Jim James and Ryan Bingham are also playing. Crossing my fingers for a DBT or solo appearance by Hood or Cooley during the next round of additions. http://hangoutmusicfest.com/

bnzz

Re: Jason at Hangout Music Festival

Post by bnzz »

I will be there! I was hoping to see some DBT on the original release damn it! If they would add DBT, Lucero, and NMall I would be a happy camper!

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I went last year solo and had a blast. Top notch all-around. Food, beverages, crowd-control were all exceptional. Off site shuttles were also well done.
Dave

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Hoping he brings the Missus along to play the fiddle!

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

Jason is playing Sunday 5/19 from 6:30 to 7:45 on one of the side stages. I wonder if he will stick around for Stevie Wonder who plays at 8:30 that night.

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

Would love to go to this.. Just can't afford it right now with the new baby and all, its right down the road!

I missed him when he played in Gulfport.

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

Would love to go to this.. Just can't afford it right now with the new baby and all, its right down the road!

I missed him when he played in Gulfport.

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

The Huffington Post article mentioned that Amanda Shires would be joining the band at Hangout. :D

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

thedudeabides wrote:The Huffington Post article mentioned that Amanda Shires would be joining the band at Hangout. :D

Perfect!

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.s ... aj-story-1

GULF SHORES, Alabama -- As Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit performed near the end of the Hangout Music Fest on Sunday, beams of sunlight and patches of blue showed through what had been a somewhat threatening blanket of dark cloud overhead.

It was almost ridiculously appropriate, but Isbell didn’t make too much of it as he and his band plunged through one of the most powerful sets of the entire festival.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the 2013 Hangout Music Fest in the books, it's time to play favorites

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.s ... er_default

PS - MTV had some good song footage of Ryan Bingham on their website. No Isbell or Hayes Carll, yet (maybe ever?)

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

We were front and center last night. Jason and his band were on fire. The new guitar player was not in the fold yet. Played 2 new songs, Cover Me Up and Stockholm. I have a great vid of Try on my phone. I will get it up on YouTube and link here later. Jason and Amanda were all smiles.

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

jh13

Post by jh13 »

Nice vid, thanks for sharing!