Reunion?

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

Reunion?

Post by Smitty »

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Hood4Pres

Re: Reunion?

Post by Hood4Pres »

Jason looked like he had an awesome time playing with the band again. I know I sure had an amazing time witnessing it

meanjoegreen

Post by meanjoegreen »

More details and set list please. There's a dude on jasons facbook claiming he has video - awesome!

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

damn! he's been hitting the gym..
In my blood, there's gasoline..

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Jason looks good and healthy in this pic. Ready to tour behind a new album.

I cannot wait for the tour and official release.

What are the tea leaves saying? I don't know. Jason's career is on track and he has developed his own distinctive style since leaving DBT. Maybe just a message to us fans that despite what impressions we get from watching The Secret To A Happy Ending, the past is the past. And whatever hard feelings there might be, they are not enough to keep the former bandmates from getting together from time to time.

I've been involved in band firings and have been tossed a couple times myself. They are never easy. But the way people imagine them and what really goes down are two different things. People imagine all sorts of fights, chasing each other around the studio with guitars, etc... But the reality is, most musicians are non-confrontational and avoid conflict. In retrospect, it is usually just some slightly tense conversation and, at worst, passive aggresive behavior. And we usually are too chickenshit to make the dreaded phone call ourselves and pawn that off onto someone with a "manager" title. Point? Not enough shit goes down to prevent guys from talking or taking the stage together again. As a fan, it is great to see Jason and DBT sharing the stage. Now, if they only could play "Goddamn Lonely Love".
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts