Huntington WV Show 01/15

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

meanjoegreen

Huntington WV Show 01/15

Post by meanjoegreen »

Im going to bust out of work sat and head to huntington to see this show. If you arent in Athens, Look me up at the show.

Mean Joe

Monty610

Re: Huntington WV Show 01/15

Post by Monty610 »

I'll be there. Bringing a party of 7 with me too.

This will be a hell of a consolation prize for not going to Athens this year...

wv gangstabilly

Post by wv gangstabilly »

The wife and I will be there. Trying to encourage coworkers to go too. Thank God the Steelers have the early game or I would have had a serious conflict of interest.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I wish I had known about this before today. I don't think this was listed on his website. Drat
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Zip City wrote:I wish I had known about this before today. I don't think this was listed on his website. Drat

It was. I should have called you. But I'm staying at my brother's in Wheelersburg tonight.

Nice crowd here so far. About 200 or so. The opening act is local and I hear they're popular. We'll see how many are still here for Jason...

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

"Go It Alone" to open. Then "Chicago Promenade", now "Decoration Day"! ALREADY! This is gonna be a good night...
Last edited by Monty610 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

"Goddamn Lonely Love" by request from my brother!

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

"Like A Hurricane" (yes...Neil cover)
"The Magician"
"Grown"
"Cigarettes & Wine"
"Never Gonna Change" ( w/ "Stone Free" insert)
"In A Razor Town"
"Alabama Pines" (loving this song...maye one of JI's best)
"Psycho Killer" (of course)

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

"Outfit"
"Streetlights"
"Soldiers Get Strange"
"Dress Blues"
"Try" (w/ "No Quarter" tag)

Encore:
"Danko/Manuel"
"The Blue"
"Hey Pocky Way" (drummer sang)
"American Girl" (Petty)
Last edited by Monty610 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meanjoegreen

Post by meanjoegreen »

Great Show! - Good to see Monty and his gang holding it down for 3DD. The Vclub was actually a really great venue.
Jason killed it lastnight. Good crowd of folks there too. My Favorite Quote of the night was after "Goddamn Lonely Love" - Jason said " You got to Love it when im up here pouring my heart out in a song and theres a Monistat 7 commerical on the TV.".......also made reference that there might be a "WNBA game on later......" (Funny Guy) The wife and I picked up a Killer New Isbell/400 unit Shirt and stole a cool show poster out of the womens bathroom! Pics to come alittle later. Kudos to an awesome night in Huntington. One Last thing - Monty, That Pizza you ordered smelled AWESOME!

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Good to see ya meanjoe! That pizza really hit the spot! I went to the bar and asked for chips, & they said they had no food but could give me menus for places that deliver. When we saw the pizza place was called "Monty's Pizza" it was like a sign from heaven! Good pie too.

Kudos to V Club staff for not throwing my drunk brother out of the bar. They just walked him back to our table, sat a water in front of him and told me "Don't let him go anywhere". The staff were all very cool.

Also...I taped the show last night but on playback it seems like I have no sound for anything after "Try". I'll post what I do have on the archive later today...

wv gangstabilly

I knew I smelled pizza. Thought I was hallucinating. I've lived in Huntington my whole life but have never been to the V Club before. Pretty good venue. The crowd dwindled a bit at the end but those who stayed were enthusiastic. I talked some to a guy who was putting the setlist into his phone and knew Isbell's music well, was that you Monty? I was the guy in the Pogues t-shirt. Really enjoyed the new songs, Never Gonna Change>Stone Free>Never Gonna Change, and Like a Hurricane.

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

That was my buddy Will keeping the setlist. On his phone. I was back and forth from the front and my booth in the back...

mhc

Post by mhc »

Hey Pocky Way!!!!????
Nice to see this.
Got to see Jason this year. Been about a year and a half.
Thanks for the setlist Monty!!!
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

KY KAT

Post by KY KAT »

Alsum!
Sorry I couldn't make it but good to know there is a good venue near home that books good shows
and not just the normal... stuff. Was hoping there would be a good crowd and it sounds like there
was - there was a toughman contest in town so I wasn't sure how well the show would draw.
Monty deserves mad props for bringing a carload - even if he didn't bring any pizza out this way.
Way to travel well kids. Any word on the projected release date for a new album??

edit/addition - Is Browan back? Oops, as soon as I posted this I realized... they did Psycho Killer so
he must be.

wv gangstabilly

tweedrules

Post by tweedrules »

Monty610 wrote:Good to see ya meanjoe! That pizza really hit the spot! I went to the bar and asked for chips, & they said they had no food but could give me menus for places that deliver. When we saw the pizza place was called "Monty's Pizza" it was like a sign from heaven! Good pie too.

Kudos to V Club staff for not throwing my drunk brother out of the bar. They just walked him back to our table, sat a water in front of him and told me "Don't let him go anywhere". The staff were all very cool.

Also...I taped the show last night but on playback it seems like I have no sound for anything after "Try". I'll post what I do have on the archive later today...

Jason has an Archive page?

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

tweedrules wrote:Jason has an Archive page?

Hmmm, I thought he did. I could have sworn I'd downloaded some shows of his from there. I guess I stand corrected. I'll have to find another way to get this show to you guys. I don't do the torrent thing, but I suppose I could start.

Right now I'm actually having problems transferring the show. The laptop I normally do that with took a shit on me, so I'm in scramble mode. Fortunately I still have the sound files from the show. I was right, no sound after "Try".

I'll post something as soon as I get it transferred from the large wav file...

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

For anybody that wants it: mp3 zip file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P84TDUUU

My first foray into taping, so don't judge too harshly. I'm missing the whole encore (4 songs) but what I do have is 17 songs long, still a pretty good set-length for JI.

Cheers!

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Preach Monty610!

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Monty610 wrote:For anybody that wants it: mp3 zip file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P84TDUUU

My first foray into taping, so don't judge too harshly. I'm missing the whole encore (4 songs) but what I do have is 17 songs long, still a pretty good set-length for JI.

Cheers!

spank you very much! listening now :D
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

You're welcome, Wolf & Penny! I said it before but this show was a great consolation prize for not getting to go to Athens this year...

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Great selection of songs...Jason and the crewe seemed to be in good spirits..Not a bad recording brother....