NYC 10/20/10 Who's in?

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

tweedrules

NYC 10/20/10 Who's in?

Post by tweedrules »

Tweedrules
Anyone taping my gear is on the fritts??!!

uncle rickey

Re: NYC 10/20/10 Who's in?

Post by uncle rickey »

See you there!

tweedrules

Post by tweedrules »

GREAT set! Very cool with one guitar. I didn't write down the setlist but it was 2 new tunes, Never gonna change, outfit, D/M, Goddam lonely love, Razor town, Sittin on the dock of the bay (AWESOME), Atlantic City, Solders get strange. A few others but great set. I miss seeing him.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Yeah, a little surprised at one guitar, I didn't know Browan wasn't with them on this go-around. But they sounded great and were having fun. They did:

[new song] Go it Alone? something like that
Never Gonna Change -->
Stone Free -->
Never Gonna Change
Goddamn Lonely Love
Soldiers Get Strange
[new song] Alabama Pines?
In a Razor Town
Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay
Outfit
Try

Encore:
Danko/Manuel
Atlantic City

"Dock of the Bay" was pretty amazing. After it Jason said something like, "Now if we just play a Jerry Reed song that'll tell you all you need to know about us." :lol:

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

It was a fun night! If I'm not mistaken, Jason was sporting a very shiny new guitar, looked cool and sounded awesome.

I wish he had played longer, but what can you do?

Doors were at 7, then first opener 8-8:30, 2nd opener 8:50-9:30 ish, then Langhorne Slim 9:30-10:30 ish, then Jason 10:50 to midnight.

Langhorne was particularly hamming it up during his set, jumped off the stage and walked through the crowd while singing, got back to the stage, laid a hand on my shoulder and belted out some lyrics, then jumped back on stage. I hope I didn't have a "oh crap, why me" look on my face when he did that... :lol:
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

tweedrules

Post by tweedrules »

One thing I forgot to mention, Jimbo Hart looks very healthy. Cut his hair and lost some weight. He walked right by me and I didn't recognize him.