Setlist - Hailey's Bar Oct 13, 10

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Fool No Where

Setlist - Hailey's Bar Oct 13, 10

Post by Fool No Where »

This was the second stop of the Paste Magazine Tour, which was woefully under promoted in the area. During JI's set, there may have been 50 people in the room, including the members of the other three bands on the bill. Short set, only about an hour. Two new songs played, I really liked the one I think is called "Home". Nice little rocker. Chad seems to be really comfortable with the band. He sang some back-up vocals last night and I picked up on some jazzy licks he was throwin down.

Streetlights
Magician
New Song (Home?)
GDLL
Instrumental NOLA Jam
Soldiers Get Strange
Razor Town
New Song (Alabama Pines?)
Dress Blues
NGC - Stone Free - NGC
Having a broken heart wears you out.

ford911

Re: Setlist - Hailey's Bar Oct 13, 10

Post by ford911 »

loved alabama pines in austin. in austin they played the two new ones, magician, decoration day, cigs. and wine, chicago promenade, GDLL, streetlights and maybe a couple more. not in that order.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Were the other bands any good? How long did they play for? When did JI take the stage? etc.
If you don't run you rust

ford911

Post by ford911 »

I like langhorn slim so got there in time to see him. he went on at 9 and jason went on just after 10 and played for just over an hour.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

i have to say it's pretty cool to see jason handle all of the guitar work but i'm guessing there are some songs they can't do on this tour. DD sounded as good as ever though.

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Clams wrote:Were the other bands any good? How long did they play for? When did JI take the stage? etc.

The other three bands on the bill, in order of appearance, were Seryn; Mimicking Birds; and Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter. Seyn & MB played for about 30 min. JS played for 45. JI went on at around 11:50 and played about an hour. You couldn't pick three acts that were more different than JI. I don't want to say they sucked, because I'm sure they were all very talented musicians and performers. They just weren't my cup of bourbon.

Seryn was a five piece, including a cute blonde on fiddle. Too many sudden changes in tempo and volume. Did I mention the cute blonde? Mimicking Birds was a 3 piece and I really didn't pay attention to them. Jesse Sykes was actually just two people on guitar. She said they usually play with a full rock band but didn't elaborate about where said band was.

The financial conservative in me thinks I coulda done better with my time and money. But I'm a true believer is supporting the cause, regardless of how little of my support ends up in the cause's pocketbook. I heard two new songs that I'm really looking forward to hearing again, plus I got a fried bologna sandwich during pre-game. Hard to argue with that.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Fool No Where wrote:
Clams wrote:Were the other bands any good? How long did they play for? When did JI take the stage? etc.

The other three bands on the bill, in order of appearance, were Seryn; Mimicking Birds; and Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter. Seyn & MB played for about 30 min. JS played for 45. JI went on at around 11:50 and played about an hour. You couldn't pick three acts that were more different than JI. I don't want to say they sucked, because I'm sure they were all very talented musicians and performers. They just weren't my cup of bourbon.

Seryn was a five piece, including a cute blonde on fiddle. Too many sudden changes in tempo and volume. Did I mention the cute blonde? Mimicking Birds was a 3 piece and I really didn't pay attention to them. Jesse Sykes was actually just two people on guitar. She said they usually play with a full rock band but didn't elaborate about where said band was.

The financial conservative in me thinks I coulda done better with my time and money. But I'm a true believer is supporting the cause, regardless of how little of my support ends up in the cause's pocketbook. I heard two new songs that I'm really looking forward to hearing again, plus I got a fried bologna sandwich during pre-game. Hard to argue with that.

JI and fried baloney and rock show douchery. Dang. All you needed was a loud mouthed drunk blonde to be on your right...
NSFW

Clams

Post by Clams »

How did the hammy hold up?
If you don't run you rust

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Clams wrote:How did the hammy hold up?
Hammy's great, thanks for asking. Can't run on it, but I walked 4 miles last night.