talking baseball

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

brstigerfan

talking baseball

Post by brstigerfan »

http://pitchersandpoets.com/2010/09/21/ ... on-isbell/

I take high offense to the interviewers notion that Skip Carray was boring to listen to.

Clams

Re: talking baseball

Post by Clams »

nice! thanks for posting
If you don't run you rust

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

Jason Isbell wrote:I actually discussed doing a concept record about baseball with Will Johnson (Centro-Matic, Monsters of Folk) at one point, but I don’t know if he realized I was serious. He’s an expert on the game, by the way.

Haha I fully endorse this idea.

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

Jack Flash wrote:
Jason Isbell wrote:I actually discussed doing a concept record about baseball with Will Johnson (Centro-Matic, Monsters of Folk) at one point, but I don’t know if he realized I was serious. He’s an expert on the game, by the way.

Haha I fully endorse this idea.

Already been done:

Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This is really weird. I haven't been to this Isbell forum in a few wks so hadn't seen this thread at all. And I'm virtually never on twitter, but happened to look at it yesterday and saw a bunch of tweets from Isbell on baseball, a couple of which were really funny and on point. That moved me to actually tweet for the first or maybe 2d time ever that i love it when rock n rollers know baseball. And now this!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:This is really weird. I haven't been to this Isbell forum in a few wks so hadn't seen this thread at all. And I'm virtually never on twitter, but happened to look at it yesterday and saw a bunch of tweets from Isbell on baseball, a couple of which were really funny and on point. That moved me to actually tweet for the first or maybe 2d time ever that i love it when rock n rollers know baseball. And now this!

I've talked baseball with both Jason and Will Johnson. Both those guys know the game well.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

brstigerfan wrote:http://pitchersandpoets.com/2010/09/21/talking-baseball-with-jason-isbell/

I take high offense to the interviewers notion that Skip Carray was boring to listen to.

Skip was great. Harry was great as well, but in a sloppy not so PC sense. Now Chip....well that is a different story. World class douche.