Fisherman’s village music festival

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

AkheAthen

Fisherman’s village music festival

Post by AkheAthen »

Question for the wiser ones. With an 11 pm start time would you expect a full length show? My wife and I are thinking of flying down from anchorage. Haven’t seen them at a festival and am wondering what to expect? Thanks
Anyone else going?

beantownbubba

Re: Fisherman’s village music festival

Post by beantownbubba »

I disclaim any implication of wisdom and I don't know anything about this festival in particular, but in general DBT festival sets are shorter than typical rock shows. If they're not headlining and in the middle of the bill you'll probably get about an hour and if they're closer to the top of the bill 90 minutes is typical. It's also pretty much guaranteed that they'll bring the heat for as long as they're on stage.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

AkheAthen

Post by AkheAthen »

Thanks, I think they are headlining, last show on Saturday night? Just trying to figure out if it’s going to be worth the trip. I can’t imagine that the band would want to only play for an hour at a show that’s not on a regular tour and kind of a one off.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

You are probably looking at a 90min show, tops. HOWEVER...with Shovels & Rope opening...thats a good double. I'd say go to the show.

Also:

Always go to the show.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

AkheAthen wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:38 pm
Question for the wiser ones. With an 11 pm start time would you expect a full length show? My wife and I are thinking of flying down from anchorage. Haven’t seen them at a festival and am wondering what to expect? Thanks
Anyone else going?
Everett is pretty rugged in places. Last time I checked there were still tickets available for the SRO show in Seattle July 2. The Neptune Theater is a good venue. Maybe take a look at that over the festival show.

AkheAthen

Post by AkheAthen »

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up about Everett. The Neptune for sro would be great but I commercial fish and that’s right smack in the middle of my work season, I might try for an east coast show in the fall. Really hoping for another heathen’s west

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

AkheAthen wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:10 pm
Thanks, I appreciate the heads up about Everett. The Neptune for sro would be great but I commercial fish and that’s right smack in the middle of my work season, I might try for an east coast show in the fall. Really hoping for another heathen’s west
Me, too. Doesn't seem like it's in the cards this year. I'm definitely going back to Pappy's at some point regardless, though. Such an awesome venue.
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more

AkheAthen

Post by AkheAthen »

Yeah, I had a great time there what a great venue. Maybe we’ll get three indoor shows later in the fall 🤷‍♂️🤞