Southern Rock Opera Redux

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

scotto

Southern Rock Opera Redux

Post by scotto »

So, about those "rumors" Patterson would neither confirm nor deny at Homecoming...

brettac1

Re: Southern Rock Opera Redux

Post by brettac1 »

Hell yeah.
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more

Clams

Post by Clams »

brettac1 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:40 am
Hell yeah.
x2
If you don't run you rust

ford911

Post by ford911 »

this just came across my twitter feed:
DBT is thrilled to announce The Southern Rock Opera Revisited 2024 Tour.

It’s been 23 years since the release of the album that drastically changed our lives and 22 years since we performed it (more or less) straight through in near entirety. We’ll be hitting the road, Three Guitars blazing, and telling y’all a story.

It’s an album we spent years writing and learning to play and then recording (in the upstairs of a uniform shop in downtown Birmingham AL). It was initially released on 9/11/2001 (and later reissued by Lost Highway in the summer of 2002).

A lot has happened in the decades since it came out, both to the band and to the world we live in. We feel that the record, while somewhat timeless, also has a current timeliness to it considering the social and political issues of today. Instead of performing it as if it’s still 2000AD, we want to make it our own reflecting who we all are now in 2024.

It’s going to be intense, but also a hell of a lot of fun and this time we’re offering a very special Southern Rock Opera Revisited VIP Experience that includes a soundcheck party and some special SRO Revisited limited edition items. VIP tickets are on sale starting today at 1pm ET!

GET VIP TICKETS

We’ll be playing songs from the original release, plus a small handful of songs that pertain to its themes and points of view, plus a short encore set that will be different each night. It’ll be a different and very special show, and very likely the last times we’ll ever do it so DON’T MISS IT!

Live Nation ticket lottery for all newly announced dates begins at noon (ET) today, and will continue through Monday, March 25 at 5pm ET. Lottery winners will be charged to their credit card and notified via email by Wednesday, March 27 at 5pm ET if they have been selected. VIP Experience packages go on sale today, 1pm ET. Public on-sale for all announced dates begin Friday, March 29 at 10:00 am (local).

To enter the Live Nation lottery and learn more information, visit the link below.

We will be announcing more exciting news around Southern Rock Opera soon, stay tuned!

“It ain’t about the past.”

See you at the Rock Show!
Patterson Hood (DBT)

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Definitely in for Nashville, hopefully some others along the way.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Expecting I'll be at the SF shows plus Milwaukee & Madison.

Saco

Post by Saco »

The Warner Theater instead of 9:30 club in DC!?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Looks like some sort of experiment is going on with Ticketbastard. I got an email about requesting tickets today & they will let me know if I got tickets on Monday. Usually I'm not big on nostalgia shows but SRO is worthy. The band is also doing VIP experiences for over double the GA price. I put in for Seattle. They're playing the Neptune Theater which is a good venue they haven't played before.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Saco wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:27 pm
The Warner Theater instead of 9:30 club in DC!?
I do love the 930 shows but it makes sense given that former DBT tour manager Matt DeFillipis is now the production manager at the Warner
Last edited by Clams on Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:19 pm
Looks like some sort of experiment is going on with Ticketbastard. I got an email about requesting tickets today & they will let me know if I got tickets on Monday. Usually I'm not big on nostalgia shows but SRO is worthy. The band is also doing VIP experiences for over double the GA price. I put in for Seattle. They're playing the Neptune Theater which is a good venue they haven't played before.
In Philly the VIP tickets are $164. I'll pass on that. Nice to see that they're back at the TLA on a Saturday night - old school!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 pm
chuckrh wrote:
In Philly the VIP tickets are $164. I'll pass on that. Nice to see that they're back at the TLA on a Saturday night - old school!
I'm passing on the VIP experience, too. I'm just about maxed out on the summer shows (I'm looking at you Stones & Pearl Jam) with the exception of Crowded House which is on sale Monday, too. I'll be doing GA for that one, too.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

chuckrh wrote:
Can't say I love the expanded Ticketmaster development either but I did at least put down for the SF shows (not VIP).

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Will be at Richmond for sure.
Maybe DC.
MAYBE Nashville.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

See you Fornicators in SF
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

For visibility

TDB

Post by TDB »

Soooo......you have to PRE-ORDER (Put card number up front) in order to "place a request"...and IF you get tickets, they charge the card??? Seems silly to me. Why not just put the shows on sale at the same time/same day? Fuck Ticketmaster!!! Yet, I STILL put in requests for Raleigh, Denver, Philly, and Atlanta (Passing on the VIP experience). I used to see soundcheck for FREE! Been there, done that. This will be the first time in YEARS that I have traveled outside Florida or Athens to see a ROCK SHOW. No matter...I just want to see them play, "Greenville to Baton Rouge" before I DIE!!!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The regular tix seem fairly cheap (espy net of the fees, see below). The VIP tix are expensive in absolute terms but i have no idea how they compare to what other bands are doing. I'm getting some VIP tix in Boston because what the heck (and a couple of reserved seats too; believe it or not some of my peeps are old), but I'm not sure if I'll do that elsewhere (to the extent there are elsewheres).

BUT: Ticketmaster? Really? I used to think it would be better if they put their fees up front, and I admit that it is nice to know what the full price is. But did you see how much of it was fees?? THIRTY-SIX PERCENT on the regular tix and guess what? No clue on the VIP tix. I guess they must not be charging any fees for those, right? Yeah, right. Same old ticketmaster.

BUT2: Does the process really have to be this complicated? I gotta bunch of degrees and I had problems (and am still having problems for additional cities I may buy tix for) figuring out what to do, how to do it and how it all works, especially the part about not knowing if i actually have tix or not. And also the part that said that VIP tix would be for either 1st 10 rows GA OR premium assigned seats but when you get to the actual purchase its GA only (at least in Boston).

I have identified 7 potential road trips though I can't imagine I will go the VIP route for any of them. NYC is pretty likely, almost assumed. Austin is least likely. SF and Chitown combine 2 of my favorite cities w/ some of my favorite people and long wkends so... I will try to follow the inspiring example of my idols, worldwide bill, uncle rickey and cooleygirl. But first i have to, ummmm, errrrr, check with my wife.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:20 pm
The regular tix seem fairly cheap (espy net of the fees, see below). The VIP tix are expensive in absolute terms but i have no idea how they compare to what other bands are doing. I'm getting some VIP tix in Boston because what the heck (and a couple of reserved seats too; believe it or not some of my peeps are old), but I'm not sure if I'll do that elsewhere (to the extent there are elsewheres).

BUT: Ticketmaster? Really? I used to think it would be better if they put their fees up front, and I admit that it is nice to know what the full price is. But did you see how much of it was fees?? THIRTY-SIX PERCENT on the regular tix and guess what? No clue on the VIP tix. I guess they must not be charging any fees for those, right? Yeah, right. Same old ticketmaster.

BUT2: Does the process really have to be this complicated? I gotta bunch of degrees and I had problems (and am still having problems for additional cities I may buy tix for) figuring out what to do, how to do it and how it all works, especially the part about not knowing if i actually have tix or not. And also the part that said that VIP tix would be for either 1st 10 rows GA OR premium assigned seats but when you get to the actual purchase its GA only (at least in Boston).

I have identified 7 potential road trips though I can't imagine I will go the VIP route for any of them. NYC is pretty likely, almost assumed. Austin is least likely. SF and Chitown combine 2 of my favorite cities w/ some of my favorite people and long wkends so... I will try to follow the inspiring example of my idols, worldwide bill, uncle rickey and cooleygirl. But first i have to, ummmm, errrrr, check with my wife.
With the TM fees, the tickets are right at the line in the sand I've drawn for cost ($50). Anything over that I really have to think about it. With the health stuff it's a gamble whether I'll be in shape to go. Fingers crossed.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:41 pm
Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed indeed, my friend.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

WTF!! No shows in "the swamps of northern florida" much less Florida at all.
What's a poor old working man to do?
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

This might be a game changer on my plans for the year.
Almost certainly it's not going to make it to Europe, and certainly not this year.
Soooo... plans may need planned.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Swamp wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:51 pm
Get your ass on a plane to California! 8-)
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

AkheAthen

Post by AkheAthen »

Where are the heathens west dates?

scotto

Post by scotto »

I’m in for St. Lou for now, we’ll see what else may transpire. Not normally a fan of seated shows or VIP folderol, but more than happy to give both a shot for this one.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

scotto wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:29 pm
folderol
Man, you are in an impressive vocabulary run! I love it.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Swamp wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:51 pm
WTF!! No shows in "the swamps of northern florida" much less Florida at all.
Well, if you want to compare to "Florida at all," Atlanta is exactly as far from Jacksonville as Miami (I looked it up). I know that there are practical limitations but I really hope you can get to at least one of the shows.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm very curious to see how this "order now, find out if you're in later" process works out. If it works, which I guess boils down to whether I get the tix I want, lol, then it's really a pretty civilized way to go about the process. If I don't, hell, give me the cutthroat world of jamming the internet at precisely 10 am on the designated day(s), closely guarded password in hand.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

scotto wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:29 pm
I’m in for St. Lou for now, we’ll see what else may transpire. Not normally a fan of seated shows or VIP folderol, but more than happy to give both a shot for this one.

I think I might splurge for VIP for Madison if my sister and brother-in-law want to go just because she has only seen them once and was seated for it and he has never seen them.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

New interview with Patterson in Garden & Gun today.

https://gardenandgun.com/articles/drive ... to-stages/

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

WarHenRecords wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:50 pm
New interview with Patterson in Garden & Gun today.

https://gardenandgun.com/articles/drive ... to-stages/
Thank you