Early Patterson solo show.

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cole Younger

Early Patterson solo show.

Post by Cole Younger »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AfPDaxq4GyI

Anybody here ever seen this? Took place somewhere around the shoals before the release of Southern Rock Opera. Heathens was a brand new song according to him. Really cool to watch him play what are full band songs like Let There Be Rock right by himself. I wonder if he remembers this.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: Early Patterson solo show.

Post by Jonicont »

He remembers everything. It’s uncanny
Always go to the show

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Jonicont wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:56 am
He remembers everything. It’s uncanny
Yeah I kind of thought that was the case. Maybe he will see this and chime in. I’d love to hear what he has to say about it.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P9NtnEH7kzo

The two guys playing host on this seem to have their hearts in the right place but the whole thing has a two guys in the car on the Sonic commercials vibe to me.

Real cool audio of Patterson at a solo show talking about the soon to be released Southern Rock Opera and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I love how excited he sounds about the whole thing.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:20 am

The two guys playing host on this seem to have their hearts in the right place but the whole thing has a two guys in the car on the Sonic commercials vibe to me.

Real cool audio of Patterson at a solo show talking about the soon to be released Southern Rock Opera and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I love how excited he sounds about the whole thing.
Saw this a few weeks back and really enjoyed Patterson's version of how Skynyrd formed. According to the "professor of rock", the original band could kick any other bands ass on or off the stage. I kinda feel like Patterson and Cooley could too.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:20 am

thanx for posting. excellent.

new to me.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

First time around i missed the part about "before DBT became a household name." It still surprises me that casual music fans sometimes know the band's name if not necessarily the music, but "household name?" What do y'all think about that? Is DBT a household name?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:56 am
First time around i missed the part about "before DBT became a household name." It still surprises me that casual music fans sometimes know the band's name if not necessarily the music, but "household name?" What do y'all think about that? Is DBT a household name?
In my house it is
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:08 am
beantownbubba wrote:
In my house it is
LOL I was going to add an exception for the houses of the usual suspects (which includes you) but I couldn't quite get the wording right.

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:47 am
Clams wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:08 am
beantownbubba wrote:
In my house it is
LOL I was going to add an exception for the houses of the usual suspects (which includes you) but I couldn't quite get the wording right.
Sorry it was just too easy. Low hanging fruit, etc. :)

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Household name? I mean they’re kind of in weird territory. They’re too big to be small and too small to be big. They’re well known enough that when I mention them and somebody says, “Who?” I’m a little bit surprised. Yet at the same time I realize they’re still a well enough kept secret that if I run across somebody that likes them I’m pretty confident Om going to like that person.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:22 am
if I run across somebody that likes them I’m pretty confident Om going to like that person.
This is 100% accurate.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:06 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
if I run across somebody that likes them I’m pretty confident Om going to like that person.
This is 100% accurate.
x2
Cole Younger wrote:
They’re well known enough that when I mention them and somebody says, “Who?” I’m a little bit surprised.
And i'm only surprised when somebody does know and that number has always been and remains very small. Of course most of my demographic has their best musical knowledge days well behind them (but the same goes for their kids except for the ones that i know that i personally introduced to the band).

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Cole Younger wrote:
Household name? I mean they’re kind of in weird territory. They’re too big to be small and too small to be big. They’re well known enough that when I mention them and somebody says, “Who?” I’m a little bit surprised. Yet at the same time I realize they’re still a well enough kept secret that if I run across somebody that likes them I’m pretty confident Om going to like that person.
I get a lot of "oh yeah I've heard *of* them."
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

brettac1 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:56 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
I get a lot of "oh yeah I've heard *of* them."
I feel fairly confident that in coming years there will be a lot of people who love music that are going to "discover" the fellas and think "Holy shit, how DID I miss THIS?!" Not QUITE like Big Star or Velvet Underground, but a similar "they were essential when they were 'active', and also people who were 4 when American Band came out are doing deep dives in their college dormrooms in the year 2031".
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse