2024 Nuci's/Homecoming Fundraiser and Video Offer

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

uncle rickey

2024 Nuci's/Homecoming Fundraiser and Video Offer

Post by uncle rickey »

Give to Nuci's Space here: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine ... 2XXFSgKjAA

To learn how to receive our video of the 3/30/2023 DBT Homecoming show as thanks for your gift, read on:

---

Dear friends,

With much anticipation, Sarah and I are waiting to return to Athens, GA this February for our 15th Homecoming! That’s a lot! But it’s not unusual. Some of you have seen more, and many many others – like us! – look to that week in Athens as the centerpiece around which we shape our year.

Why do we keep coming back?

We come back because we’re re-energized by this unique, ever-growing community: a chosen family of friends sharing joy, union, love and revelry.

We come back to share the face-melting rock shows, to be immersed together in the sound, pressed up against the front of the stage in a 40 Watt crowd, as Patterson, Cooley, Jay, Matt, and Easy B channel joy, pain, anxiety, and hope through songs that rock hard… and resonate on a heart-level.

I know I’m not alone when I feel a song like “Billy Ringo in the Dark” hit me hard. Patterson and Cooley’s songs cultivate a generous, empathic, non-judgmental ear; you care about and hurt for people with whom you maybe have little or nothing in common. This music grows us.

We also return for a critical cause. I know a big reason I keep coming back for Homecoming in Athens is to help support Nuci’s Space. It’s inspiring that so many in our community are nourished as Sarah and I are by supporting Nuci’s. Their work helping and encouraging musicians and the community of Athens, supporting local artists to build their own well-being and community, resonates with us on a heart-level too.

Nuci’s really works! And all we have to do is support them, caring for those who don’t have financial means, who don’t have the emotional support of a community like we have, who don’t feel - or who struggle to feel - the urge to keep coming back for themselves.

Sarah and I feel honored to give to Nuci’s and happy to ask you to support their life-saving work too.

We all helped so much last year! From auctions to cookouts to our Ciné event with its raffle, suggested donations, impromptu merch sales, to this very appeal (now in its 13th year!), together, all of our work and generosity resulted in over $75,000 for Nuci’s Space. Incredible!

Please give what you can (every dollar absolutely counts) to advance Nuci’s work empowering Athens musicians who otherwise don't have a community to lean on through life's darkest moments.

It’s just 63 days until Homecoming, and we can’t wait to be together with you all.

See you in Athens,
Luke

P.S. As ever, with your donation you’ll receive a unique gift created by this community that you can’t get anywhere else! Details are below.

Thanks Luke

This year's offer is a video of night 2 of Homecoming available on a thumb drive. You can plug it into the USB port on your computer or TV and watch the show.

As a bonus, we've included Jay's set from the Heathens Holiday Hangout a Cine 0n 3/31/2023

Obtaining your video is a TWO STEP PROCESS

STEP ONE: Donate to Nucis

A $35 minimum donation

you can do that below
This link allows you to choose between Paypal or Credit Card

https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine ... 2XXFSgKjAA

Check
If you're sending a check, make sure you include "3DD" and your user name (if you have one) in the memo line!

Mail it to:

Nuci's Space
396 Oconee Street
Athens, GA 30601

Don't forget STEP TWO !!

STEP TWO: PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING

SHIPPING AND HANDLING IS PAID TO ME

S&H is $11.50

pay me via Paypal or Venmo--

My Paypal address is jonicont@aol.com

My Venmo address is @John-Contovasilis-1

Or you can send me a check (Email me (jonicont@aol.com) for my address)

Thanks to everyone who donated last year.

ALWAYS GO TO THE SHOW
Jonicont
Last edited by uncle rickey on Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vt3pinandy

Re: 2024 Nuci's/Homecoming Fundraiser and Video Offer

Post by vt3pinandy »

Hey Luke,

Was with Ryan and Ted out in Ft Collins seeing Patterson and we talked about the next edition in this great series for an even greater cause. Look what popped up this morning. Sorry we missed ya at the BB a couple weeks ago at THS and look forward to seeing you and Sarah again in a couple months. Hope your holidays are filled with good times with friends and family and of course a little live music.

Respect for all you and the teams hardwork,
Andy

Clams

Post by Clams »

a TWO STEP process? I dunno, that seems like an awful lot of steps
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:42 pm
a TWO STEP process? I dunno, that seems like an awful lot of steps
I know, I know. Having done it this way 12 times before it's awfully confusing the 13th time.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

vt3pinandy wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:16 pm
Hey Luke,

Was with Ryan and Ted out in Ft Collins seeing Patterson and we talked about the next edition in this great series for an even greater cause. Look what popped up this morning. Sorry we missed ya at the BB a couple weeks ago at THS and look forward to seeing you and Sarah again in a couple months. Hope your holidays are filled with good times with friends and family and of course a little live music.

Respect for all you and the teams hardwork,
Andy
Andy, you know Luke & Sarah can't fix the raffle for you, right?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

There were those frozen envelope rumors the year Jonicont won the raffle, but I swear I had nothing to do with it! ;)

Clams

Post by Clams »

uncle rickey wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:10 pm
There were those frozen envelope rumors the year Jonicont won the raffle, but I swear I had nothing to do with it! ;)
And don't forget Cotter and Jimmy C winning the setlist raffle. Definitely not a coincidence!
If you don't run you rust

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

I just received the flash drive containing the Thursday, March 30 Homecoming show, and it is...incredible. To my ears, the best sounding show I've gotten from one of the fundraisers. (And as always, it looks fantastic. Thanks, videographers and editors!) Run, don't walk.

And of course it IS a fundraiser, so do your thing, and support Nuci's Space, now and in the future.

Homecoming in less than 60 days.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse