Jay's New Album is Out

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Jay's New Album is Out

Post by beantownbubba »

Jay's new album, Roll Up a Song, is out and available on spotify (not sure where else but assume most streaming services have it). I don't claim objectivity but I think it's his best solo album. It plays to his strengths as a pop melodist, quirky, off beat romantic humorist* and melting pot of infinite pop influences and the help he has on the lyrics helps.

*E.g. song publishing by "Middlebrow Tunes;" also e.g. "if i could sing like lindsay buckingham i could go my own way;" and "you were my best friend when I stole your girlfriend"
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Mundane Mayhem

Re: Jay's New Album is Out

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Nota bene, when I saw the Bandcamp listing denominated in Euro, I assumed shipping would be cost-prohibitive and held off. But I was pleasantly surprised that shipping on the LP was, in fact, less than $6. So if you made the same faulty assumption that I did, don't let that stop you!
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs