Heathens Homecoming 2024

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Yaz Rock

Re: Heathens Homecoming 2024

Post by Yaz Rock »

brettac1 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:05 am
Yaz Rock wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:07 am
I know historically they've done this even in the winter but selfishly I was hoping they'd stick with the late-March date as it was in 2023. It is better weather for long-distance travelling, and I've already got plans for mid-February 2024. I sure hope to make it back to Athens another time.
Fingers crossed it will go back to the late March date after this year. They have the Australia run booked for late March in '24 and my assumption is that is why Athens moved back to February.
Ah, thanks for clarifying! Fingers crossed indeed for late March 2025!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Is anyone else surprised Saturday night isn’t sold out yet?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:18 pm
Just learning of this from your post and yeah, I'm surprised verging on shocked. I don't have any doubt that it will sell out, but still, this is unusual.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:55 am
Beaverdam wrote:
Just learning of this from your post and yeah, I'm surprised verging on shocked. I don't have any doubt that it will sell out, but still, this is unusual.
Flights and lodging have gone up considerably. My hotel is $250 more than last year and I’m staying one less day
Always go to the show

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Jonicont wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:59 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:
Flights and lodging have gone up considerably. My hotel is $250 more than last year and I’m staying one less day
Flights are absurd right now. Been holding off on booking for this weekend because the airfare is about $150 more than normal for me. Hopefully they'll drop post-holidays.
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

brettac1 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:04 am
Jonicont wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Flights are absurd right now. Been holding off on booking for this weekend because the airfare is about $150 more than normal for me. Hopefully they'll drop post-holidays.
This has been my experience too and not just for the Athens trip. But recently I've seen a spate of articles about how the airlines are actively looking to fill seats and that airfares are coming down accordingly. That has most definitely not been my experience. Part of it is of course where you want to go, when and whether your local airport is an actual or virtual monopoly, but still, it would be nice to see the reality reflected on actual people's actual screens (and pocketbooks). Happy hunting folks.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:49 am
brettac1 wrote:
Jonicont wrote:

This has been my experience too and not just for the Athens trip. But recently I've seen a spate of articles about how the airlines are actively looking to fill seats and that airfares are coming down accordingly. That has most definitely not been my experience. Part of it is of course where you want to go, when and whether your local airport is an actual or virtual monopoly, but still, it would be nice to see the reality reflected on actual people's actual screens (and pocketbooks). Happy hunting folks.
I would say I fly a higher than average amount and that for my purposes 2023's pricing was better than the first two post-2020 years. However since I've been working on booking my 2024 travels, the prices are significantly higher than even '21-22 were. Hoping the articles you've read are true.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

In, of course. Again, thanks, like Scotto, to a very understanding partner.

Gotta see Bubba shake it all about, man. (And GOD BLESS the earlier start times!)
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

notjosephstalin

Post by notjosephstalin »

well I even remembered my password for this forum.

Like the earlier start times.

Not so much the weather that time of year for travelling and holding a cold beer outside at Flickr

got my hotel split 2 nights down town and 2 night outside of town. I'll keep checking to see if people cancel downtown.

had points so 2 night are free!!!
I tried but I could not. Stand in her way.
She stepped over me and was gone.

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Just had an email from the 40 Watt which has a list of shows through January and February... but randomly the HC gigs aren't included...

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Hey, Ian; it's on their actual site. They might just not be focusing on promoting it since it will almost certainly be sold out by showtime.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Putting this here as it deals with an issue that will likely impact some of y’all’s lodging

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/18/real ... =url-share
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

On the heels of a two-Homecoming 2023, I don't think Athens is in the cards next year, pending a last-minute itch. I'll watch the setlists and feel immense regret and FOMO, that much I can promise.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:07 pm
On the heels of a two-Homecoming 2023, I don't think Athens is in the cards next year, pending a last-minute itch. I'll watch the setlists and feel immense regret and FOMO, that much I can promise.
I think you need to talk to Beth CM & her husband Jon. They will undoubtedly prevent you from making a horrible mistake.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:07 pm
Will miss you, man. Will put you on my list of people who gets sent the setlist text as soon as the show ends.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I’m getting pretty excited to see everyone.

My old buddy, JR, who came last year as a HHC virgin is joining me again this year.

I’ll see y’all in a few weeks…

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:57 pm

My old buddy, JR, who came last year as a HHC virgin is joining me again this year.

What he said. Except the part about JR, who is not an old buddy of mine.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beaverdam wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:57 pm

We're looking forward to see everyone, as well! The old excitement is building. On that note, how about some nostalgia?

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Technical question which requires a ruling from the poobahs: Are we dating things to the Wednesday Dimmer Twins outing or to the first rock show on Thursday? These things are important. To somebody. Maybe.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:24 pm
Technical question which requires a ruling from the poobahs: Are we dating things to the Wednesday Dimmer Twins outing or to the first rock show on Thursday? These things are important. To somebody. Maybe.
And they tell me I have too much free time because I’m retired
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jonicont wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:31 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
And they tell me I have too much free time because I’m retired

Turns out that changing one’s time zone by six hours magically creates extra hours in the day, physics be damned. Hours which I have been filling in the most useless ways as you may have noticed.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:
What an excellent question, Bubba! I know that inquiring minds want to know! 😉

I'm using Wednesday night as the start of the weeks festivities

Oh, and

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

brettac1 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:01 am
beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:49 am
brettac1 wrote:

I would say I fly a higher than average amount and that for my purposes 2023's pricing was better than the first two post-2020 years. However since I've been working on booking my 2024 travels, the prices are significantly higher than even '21-22 were. Hoping the articles you've read are true.
I finally booked my flight at $692 LOL. About $250-300 more than normal. Hoping it will go down in the interim and I can cancel and re-book at the lower price but what a ridiculous price for a non-stop flight from fucking Appleton to ATL.

TDB

Post by TDB »

The life we live is the life we choose.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Hey. A friend of ours can't make it to HC. One ticket for each night. $50 per ticket donated to Nuci's. All 4 for $150
Always go to the show

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Jonicont wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:13 pm
Hey. A friend of ours can't make it to HC. One ticket for each night. $50 per ticket donated to Nuci's. All 4 for $150
I’ve gathered that hotel rooms are quite scarce.

Does the “winner” get spend the night with Dr. John? If so, the price should increase substantially!!!!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I have a “sick day” on Valentine’s due to a morning dentist appointment and am leaving after for Athens with clean teeth!

My friend, JR (HHC virgin last year), is meeting me again. Due to the difficulties securing hotel rooms, we are sharing a king size bed at the Holiday Inn Express…we’ve been buddies for a quarter of a century, so a weekend in the same bed should be just fine!!!!

See y’all soon!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Beer share this year???

I was in Memphis the other weekend and picked up some local beers which I have not tried. I was saving the beers for my Heathens!!!!

th in sc

Post by th in sc »

Let’s do the Annual Beer Share Friday @ 4pm ish at the motel hotel Holliday Inn!! Happy hour!!! Or Hours depending on how long you stay. Looking forward to seeing all of the Bobs!!

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

Anyone need a single for Saturday?