New Patterson Interview (Forbes)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Re: New Patterson Interview (Forbes)

Post by Beaverdam »

As much as I enjoyed the article, I even more enjoyed Patterson’s imaginary, internal monologue regarding him being a struggling 25 or 30 year old, Adam’s House Cat band leader one day being interviewed by Forbes:

You know back in 1980-whatever when I was working shit jobs, and living with Cooley, and scraping together whatever I could find to buy groceries, I never imagined, I mean I never fucking imagined I’d be interviewed by Forbes fucking magazine….you know the one rich folks keep on their coffee tables next to their investment portfolios.

Forgive my impersonation, but does this familiar????

beantownbubba

Re: New Patterson Interview (Forbes)

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:32 pm
As much as I enjoyed the article, I even more enjoyed Patterson’s imaginary, internal monologue regarding him being a struggling 25 or 30 year old, Adam’s House Cat band leader one day being interviewed by Forbes:

You know back in 1980-whatever when I was working shit jobs, and living with Cooley, and scraping together whatever I could find to buy groceries, I never imagined, I mean I never fucking imagined I’d be interviewed by Forbes fucking magazine….you know the one rich folks keep on their coffee tables next to their investment portfolios.

Forgive my impersonation, but does this familiar????
You definitely got the rhythm right, lol. Substantively, I'm with you and imaginary Patterson: I'm just blown away that PH is being interviewed in Forbes :shock: Perhaps next time they'll ask him for his best stock tip.

I don't remember if it was touched upon when the album was released but Patterson's comments about the juxtaposition of the dark lyrics and the less dark playing are spot on.

And based on the little bit I saw of both Patterson and Cooley on the road it's no surprise at all that the "one man band" approach to solo touring is totally exhausting. I'm glad he thought it was worth it.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard