HeAthens Homecoming 3/29-4/1 2023

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Re: HeAthens Homecoming 3/29-4/1 2023

Post by Beaverdam »

I’m pretty tickled…not pickled!

I never sold my tickets and turns out a friend from va is going to drive down and go with me.

Jr/Cool is my buddy…before you say “new meat,” flea, jr has been a fan for decades…new to HHC though!

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

HHC 2023 Wednesday Night Setlist
1. Maria’s Awful Disclosure
2. The Driver
3. Slow Ride Argument
4. Thoughts and Prayers
5. Where the Devil Don’t Stay
6. Drag the Lake Charlie
7. One of These Days
8. Margo and Harold
9. Made Up English Oceans
10. Rosemary With a Bible and a Gun
11. 3 Dimes Down
12. Adam Raised a Cain
13. Self Destructive Zones
14. Buttholeville/State Trooper
15. Every Single Storied Flameout (with horns!)
16. Steve McQueen
17. Zip City
18. Grand Canyon

Thanks to TieDyedTiger for Setlist.fm post
- RedCelt

giznad

Post by giznad »

What time did they take the stage last night? Gonna be cutting it close tonight from Atlanta, but just can't get off work early...

simpdawg

Post by simpdawg »

Hey y'all!
Late to this party but I'll add my handle to the list. First timer to HHC, visiting from Boulder, CO! I got in Tuesday and am staying up at the Wingate. I've met a bunch of great folks already and hope to meet more of you, I'm rolling solo and plan to be at the daytime events the next few days, also happy to get suggestions of places I need to check out while I'm here, great breakfast, lunch and dinner spots, etc.

I'm the guy who started The Righteous Path Yellow Balloon Group table, which you'll see at the back of the venue next to the soundboard. We're fans who choose to abstain from substances at shows. I was personally behind the table last night and will be again on Friday, but we'll be there all 4 nights with a rotating cast of volunteers doing this service for the community. Don't be afraid to stop by and grab some candy, whether you're sober or not! We don't judge, nor do we breathalyze ;)

Last night was phenomenal, Every Single Storied Flameout with horns was a dream come true! Can't wait to do it again!

1. wordmeester
2. beantownbubba
3. schlanky
4. glennrwordman
5. 305 Engine
6. Sterling Bigmouth
7. brettac1
8. one belt loop
9. scotto
10. Flea
11. Mundane Mayhem
12. phungi
14. RolanK
15. Bill in CT
16. Jonicont
17. WarHenRecords
18. Tequila Cowboy
19. Lurleen McQueen
20. Beaverdamsfinlaw
21. Beaverdam
22. vt3pinandy
23. Brett27295 + Tracy
24. Vincent + Kathryn
25. dogstar
26. simpdawg (Josh Simpson)

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

Z Man's recording from last night

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

RedCelt wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:28 pm
HHC 2023 Wednesday Night Setlist
1. Maria’s Awful Disclosure
2. The Driver
3. Slow Ride Argument
4. Thoughts and Prayers
5. Where the Devil Don’t Stay
6. Drag the Lake Charlie
7. One of These Days
8. Margo and Harold
9. Made Up English Oceans
10. Rosemary With a Bible and a Gun
11. 3 Dimes Down
12. Adam Raised a Cain
13. Self Destructive Zones
14. Buttholeville/State Trooper
15. Every Single Storied Flameout (with horns!)
16. Steve McQueen
17. Zip City
18. Grand Canyon

Thanks to TieDyedTiger for Setlist.fm post
That might be the shortest headlining setlist I've seen from the band. A good looking one, none the less.

Are any of the tapers live streaming?

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

HeAthens Homecoming 2023 Thursday Setlist

1. Birthday Boy
2. Righteous Path
3. Where the Devil Won’t Stay
4. Why Henry Drinks
5. Women without Whiskey
6. Pauline Hawkins
7. Shit Shots Count
8. The Company I Keep
9. HeAthens
10. Slow Ride Argument
11. Billy Ringo in the Dark
12. 72 (This Highway's Mean)
13. Dead Drunk & Naked
14. Guitar Man Upstairs
15. Ain’t Talkin Bout Love (VH Cover)
16. Marry Me
17. Sink Hole
18. Uncle Frank
19. Goode’s Field Road
20. Maria’s Awful Disclosures
21. The Driver
22. Single Storied Flameout
23. Let There Be Rock
24. Zip City
25. Mercy Buckets
- RedCelt

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I apologize in advance for what will undoubtedly be a disjointed review/recap. My mind is pretty scrambled and it's hard to find coherence in chaos (to overstate just a little bit).

Congrats to worldwide Bill for celebrating his 400th show. No, that is not a typo. Bill was well and lovingly feted by Patterson from the stage and by his "rail crew" (the rest of us just applauded at the right times). On to the next 400!

Start saving your pennies and nickels now boys and girls. The camera team picked a great night to record and you are definitely going to want your own personal copy of this one.

Jay freakin' Gonzalez. I'm tempted to stop there because in one way that would be the story of the show but in another it of course barely scratches the surface of what this band can do and did tonight. I thought Jay was just sensational on both guitar and keys but especially on guitar. He even stepped out into the "spotlight" during one solo :shock: Especially during the second half of the show he was just ripping off one amazing solo after another. OK, enough, I don't want it to go to his head.

If there was ever a night where the band was on fire and the people were great, this was it. [Pause to wonder what's happened to PonyGirl, more or less the creator of that cliche] They opened w/ "Birthday Boy" and ripped through the first half dozen tunes w/ barely a pause for breath, hitting some serious highs including a great "Righteous Path."

It would be unfair to call the middle of the set a lull because we're talking about wonderful versions of "Sounds Better in the Song" and "Heathens" but let's just say that the 2 songs formed a very strong bridge between two barnburner halves. Everyone in the band was obviously totally into it, especially Patterson who seemed incredibly happy throughoutl He must have been practicing his rock star attitude because he was practicing his rock star moves on stage, especially exploring his inner David Lee Roth during "Ain't Talking 'Bout Love" (w/ Kevin Sweeney).

I think the show was about 2:20 though I could be off by a little. "Let There Be Rock" was sort of a false ending as Patterson then worked the crowd into a "play all night" frenzy that ended w/ the rarely played and even then not typically as a closer "Mercy Buckets."

Cooley basically picked up where he left off yesterday, firing off terrific solos, especially during the first half and going full tilt on his vocals.

As is always the case, every so often, Matt throws in a riff that just captures your ear and turns the song into something different than it had been just a few seconds before. And his typical joy and enthusiasm was on full display which in turn is a joy to watch.

EZB may have made his first obvious mistake in band history during "Guitar Man Upstairs." The band stopped, exchanged some sheepish grins and what I assume were some not for public consumption remarks and resumed as if nothing had happened.

I might as well take this opportunity to correct the name of the song "Every Single Storied Flameout" :oops: which was played again tonight without horns. It was one of the songs on which Jay shined and as enthusiastic as I typically am about horns, the performance was at least as good as last night's.

Patterson and Cooley turned up the comedy routine during Patterson's into to "Billy Ringo." Turns out being dirt poor w/ a guitar is a lot more fun than being dirt poor without one. The routine also took an odd but interesting turn when taking off on a cue from Cooley that I don't remember, Patterson digressed into some heartfelt and graphic celebration of today's news of the indictment. You know which one I mean.

I forgot to mention yesterday, that the female contingent was way up, possibly the highest percentage I've ever seen at a rock show. Until tonight when for a while I thought it might have been close to 50%; it was probably a bit short of that but still an impressive and welcome showing. As the 2 or 3 regular readers of this space know, I think there's a strong correlation between the strength of the band's female following and its likely financial success.

I need brett27295 to show his mug around here. I fondly remember several convos we had here about that indefinable something that lifts the rock show from typical excellence to stratospheric greatness. Tonight's show definitely crossed that line for me but I'm not sure how universal that opinion/reaction is. Feel free to contribute your own thoughts, dear readers.

I found myself really missing (as in more than usual) jimmy c, Rod and smitty tonight. Siiiiggghh. I have no doubts they would have dug the show.

Edited once to fix sentence fragment
Last edited by beantownbubba on Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

The cue was Cooley describing an old roommate as"like trump without money".

I never thought id enjoy a description of lubing Trump's ass but PH put it so nicely.

Last night's show was good but I thought they were on fire tonight. I wush thus visit wasnt so abbreviated and I could stay for the next two nights.

This is a truly great rock n roll band but you all knew that.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I think that I haven't emphasized enough how happy the band members seem to be on stage and playing their music for the people. It is a pleasure to watch and it most definitely contributes to the electric atmosphere that is the 40 Watt this week.

Oh, and I can't believe I didn't mention "Pauline Hawkins." The band was on fire, the singer was in his special place, etc etc. Good one, Patterson.

Up early this morning for work and am still totally buzzed from last nite. I don't know why I waffled a bit last nite (well, I guess i did say I was discombobulated), but last night was a special, special show, right up there in the pantheon of this is why we aways go to the show shows. But I still don't know how to describe that special essence that raises the excellent to the extraordinary. Just glad I got to experience it.

I flashed back to another recent HHC when the Thursday night show blew me away and I said something like "hard to imagine where the band can take it from here" and called Thursday nite the new Saturday nite. Patterson didn't care for that and said so from the stage so I am surely not going anywhere near that again, and there's no reason to: they blew the roof off the next 2 nites then, and it's a pretty safe bet they'll do so again this week.

Oh, and did I mention Jay Freakin' Gonzalez?

See you at the rock show. And if you're not here for this one, start making plans for the next one. You'll be glad you did.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Keep the updates coming bubba
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:10 pm
Keep the updates coming bubba
Hola. I thought about doing it in Spanish* just for you but didn't want to seem too fancy.

*Yeah, right, that'll be the day.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

305 Engine wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:56 am
The cue was Cooley describing an old roommate as"like trump without money".
Hat tip, good sir.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Will we get Tornadoes tonight???

I just talked to my wife. We are blessed with a storm shelter, but we lost our swing set and many shingles.

I live in Covington, TN, and I just saw the town on the weather channel in Athens!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:38 pm
Will we get Tornadoes tonight???

I just talked to my wife. We are blessed with a storm shelter, but we lost our swing set and many shingles.

I live in Covington, TN, and I just saw the town on the weather channel in Athens!
Scary shit. Glad the home folks are ok.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Last time I checked in on coverage there were 18 active tornadoes. Absolute insanity.
Do you ever get tired of singin' songs
Like all your pain is just another fuckin' sing along?

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

HeAthens Homecoming 2023 Friday Setlist

Carl Perkins Cadillac
Puttin People on the Moon’
72 (This Highway’s Mean)
Boys From Alabama
Surrender Under Pressure
Sink Hole
Uncle Frank
Lookout Mountain
Gravity’s Gone
Feb 14
Ghost to Most
The Driver
One of These Days
Bulldozers and Dirt
Plastic Flowers
English Oceans
Tales Face Up
Sounds Better In a Song
Tornados
Self Destructive Zones
Play it All Night Long
Where the Devil Won’t Stay
Hell No I Ain’t Happy (Interrupted by the fight)
Too Much Sex Too Little Jesus
Women without Whiskey
World of Hurt
- RedCelt

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

RedCelt wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:17 am
HeAthens Homecoming 2023 Friday Setlist

Carl Perkins Cadillac
Puttin People on the Moon’
72 (This Highway’s Mean)
Boys From Alabama
Surrender Under Pressure
Sink Hole
Uncle Frank
Lookout Mountain
Gravity’s Gone
Feb 14
Ghost to Most
The Driver
One of These Days
Bulldozers and Dirt
Plastic Flowers
English Oceans
Tales Face Up
Sounds Better In a Song
Tornados
Self Destructive Zones
Play it All Night Long
Hell No I Ain’t Happy (Interrupted by the fight)
Too Much Sex Too Little Jesus
Women without Whiskey
World of Hurt
Holy smokes. I was not there but from afar, it may be safe to call this the best set they've done in a LONG time. Can't wait to listen to the recording.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Ummmm....weeellll...soooooo...yeeeaaahhh...that actually happened. Phew. Deep breath.

Teaser: Later in this post I am going to post an analogy that amounted to an epiphany for me. It strikes even me as fairly outrageous, but all I can say is I believe it.

Housekeeping: The show was about 2:20. As I say every year, I do not understand why the Friday show, which is usually the show at which the Camp Amped band opensand is followed by a typical DBT-related opener, doesn't start earlier than the usual single opener shows. In light of the quality of the shows it's more asterisk than complaint but what would be the harm in starting earlier?

A long, long time ago in a nearby galaxy i started writing these reviews mostly as a way to try to decompress after a rock show in order to be able to sleep, party as a way to try to process what I had just seen and heard and partly to reach out to others similarly inclined. I have no formal musical training, I do not play any instrument, I do not have any journalistic or academic training in criticism and I've never been in a band. All of which is to say that I am not qualified to address the topics I'm about to address nor do I have the vocabulary to do so. I'm pretty sure that only Elizabeth Nelson could fully convey what happened tonight but maybe there are one or two others. That being said, here goes:

I am not going to compare this show to any other. As Dustin Hoffman sort of explained many years ago when he won one of his oscars, it's absurd to compare or rank art; it's not susceptible to that kind of simplification. Last night was wonderful. So was tonight. They were different experiences, each equally special.

Yesterday, I meant to resurrect the old "bubba scale" which I introduced a long time ago to measure how many songs into a show I felt I had gotten my money's worth. A four was an exceptional score. A three was almost unheard of. Last nite was a 4. Tonight was a 2. It is hard to describe the energy, power and magnificence of going from zero to 150 mph in the space of a couple of chords. About 45 minutes in I said to jonicont something like "do you realize that they've only been playing for about 45 minutes?" because it seemed like the band had already performed a full concert. About 5 or 10 minutes later I turned to jonicont again and said "if my head actually explodes, tell my wife I love her." Possibly related: jonicont left the tiki bar about 2 minutes later.

Resurrecting yet another descriptor from the past, I used to describe the band's forays into overlapping three guitar fireworks as "guitar madness." Tonight was very very close to the feel and sound of that era as all 3 guitarists had their moments to shine and their overlapping ensemble jamming (perhaps more accurately described as guitar freakouts) brought back memories of those transcendent moments from a different era of the band.

I really hope someone was recording tonight because in addition to the music itself, Patterson was in peak form talking about certain individual songs. His intro to "Boys From Alabama" was as far as I know new and it was a moment to savor. The actual song itself was over the top terrific and I say that while suspecting that I am less enamored of that song than many other heathens.

I can remember writing a few reviews over the years when the band played flat out from the first note to last and left everything on the stage.
While there was technically a slow one or two tonight, it was virtually entirely pedal to the metal rock n roll from end to end and the band just steamrollered anything and everything in its path. Because Patterson played acoustic guitar during the semi-new version of "Plastic Flowers" I kind of sort of thought that maybe that was supposed to be the slow one but it most definitely was not. For the record, I love this version of the song. "English Oceans" was also on the rockin' side of the scale. The first truly slow one was "Sounds Better in the Song" and even after last night's terrific version, this one was even better. As far as I can remember, Cooley has never been in better voice and has never sounded as emotionally committed to his songs as he does right now.

"Play it All Night Long" is my favorite DBT cover mostly because it seems to me to sound like a "real" DBT song. They crushed it tonite.

I'll digress for a second to note that there was a significant breach of DBT etiquette and protocol as tonight was the 3rd straight nite which started w/ a Cooley song. I'm shocked I tell you, shocked! ;)

Trying not to be too repetitive, I'll just say that the musicianship on display tonight by all concerned was at least as good as I've described earlier in the week. These cats can fucking play! At one point, possibly during "Lookout Mountain" though I'm not sure, I started thinking about Cream with EZB and Matt, especially Matt, slotting into the Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce roles while between them Cooley and Jay w/ the occasional assist from Patterson, combined to fill the Eric Clapton spot. Perhaps Blind Faith would be an even closer analogy in order to account for Jay's keys but it was the almost but not quite free form playing that skated close to the line of chaos but stayed on the right side of that line as inspired playing and playing off each other that I'm trying to get at.

I think most heathens would agree that we love this band in part for not strictly musical reasons. That was in evidence tonight when a fight broke out among what seemed to be 4 or 5 people about 10 rows from the stage. Patterson immediately stopped playing "Hell No", yelled at the miscreants while pointing them out to the security folks and continued to castigate the losers until they were gone from the club. Best line as Patterson switched from "Hell No" (which he said was ruined for the night and would be revisited tomorrow) to "Too Much Sex" was Patterson saying to the departed assholes, "I hope this is your favorite song." Perfect. How Patterson raided his catalog to come up w/ that particular rarity is a mystery to me but it worked wonderfully.

I don't know whether "Tornadoes" was at all responsive to Beaverdam's comments above, but it was presumably played because of the disastrous weather affecting so much of the country especially the South. Patterson will do that. I guess that I should also mention that Patterson made multiple apropos comments about Trump and his current predicament but I didn't hear any of them well enough to report them accurately. Suffice to say that the audience was quite appreciative.

So, my promised analogy: Somewhere around "Self Destructive Zones", give or take a song or two, I was struck by this thought: The rock band DBT most closely resembles is The Band. Just to be clear I consider that to be incredibly high praise. While the analogy is of course not exact, the mix of great songwriting grounded in the heart of America spiritually and musically, multiple singers w/ truly different "voices" and not just in the literal sense, and the incredible musicianship of all the players in the band but especially those not featured in songwriting, is to me, very similar. Without meaning to make either Hood or Cooley into "the next Dylan," I think the analogy works best when compared to those moments in time when the Band backed Dylan. So there it is, let me know what you think.

Special props to Jay for his solo piano and vocal performance at the Friday Heathens Hangout and Nuci's fundraiser. Jay loves his pop music and it shows, as does his deep knowledge and mastery of the genre. If I'm not mistaken Jay's singing voice has evolved in some interesting and appealing ways. It wouldn't be correct to describe it as "deeper" but it is a more mature, fuller and more resonant with more nuance and maybe range (?). His whistled version of "Heathens" was especially fun and the new song he cowrote w/ Pete Smith and debuted during the performance, "Forgetting You is Easy" was, on first hearing, a noticeable step up in Jay's songwriting w/ potential commercial possibilities. A test pressing of another song from the same recording sessions, "She's My Girl" in a very cool format will be one of the items auctioned at Nuci's on Saturday. I will definitely be bidding.

And we get to do it again in just a few hours!!!

PS Thanks to Red Celt for the prompt posting of the setlist.

vt3pinandy

Post by vt3pinandy »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:37 am

So, my promised analogy: Somewhere around "Self Destructive Zones", give or take a song or two, I was struck by this thought: The rock band DBT most closely resembles is The Band. Just to be clear I consider that to be incredibly high praise. While the analogy is of course not exact, the mix of great songwriting grounded in the heart of America spiritually and musically, multiple singers w/ truly different "voices" and not just in the literal sense, and the incredible musicianship of all the players in the band but especially those not featured in songwriting, is to me, very similar. Without meaning to make either Hood or Cooley into "the next Dylan," I think the analogy works best when compared to those moments in time when the Band backed Dylan. So there it is, let me know what you think.
Great comparison and totally see the two great bands sitting together on the top shelf as last nights show will be for a long time. Thanks for the great write up and till we do it again real soon.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Does anyone have a girdle which I can borrow.

I’ve drank too much beer, eaten too much good food, and probably had too much fun this weekend.

vt3pinandy

Post by vt3pinandy »

Beaverdam wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:36 pm

Two of you could fit in my girdle!!!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

How I feel on this beautiful spring evening as the breeze blows up….

https://youtu.be/s__rX_WL100

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:36 pm

I’ve drank too much beer, eaten too much good food, and probably had too much fun this weekend.
I'm gonna guess with a lot of confidence that's this is the first time this question has been asked on 3dd.

You looked absolutely fetching, btw.

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

DBT HHC Sat 4/1/2023

Living Bubba
3DD
Hell No, I Ain’t Happy
Pin Hits the Shell
Used to be a Cop
Wednesday
Gravity’s Gone
Buttholeville / State Trooper
Ramon Casiano
The Opening Act (Sent out to Wednesday)
Shit Shots Count
Club XIII
Self Destructive Zones
I’m Eighteen
Zip City
The Driver
Slow Ride Argument
Santa Fe
Sounds Better in a Song
18 Wheels of Love
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock
Every Single Storied Flameout
Lookout Mountain
Shut Up & Get on the Plane
Angie’s & Fuselage (Cooley harmonica solo)
People Who Died
- RedCelt

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

And that was Saturday night of Heathens Homecoming 2023 aka "Night 4." The show clocked in at exactly 3 hours by my watch, including 2 "false endings" that actually ended with "People Who Died."

The band was on fire. The people were great. Our small band of heathens raised over $65K for Nuci's Space including all fundraising activities, which imho is something of which we can all be proud.

And yes the band and a notable percentage of male attendees were wearing dresses and skirts. I gather it had to do with some LGBTQ+ solidarity effort but I don't know the details. What do you think, people? Who wore it best?

Same time (or not), next year (for sure). Safe travels everyone.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

RedCelt wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:10 am
DBT HHC Sat 4/1/2023

Living Bubba
3DD
Hell No, I Ain’t Happy
Pin Hits the Shell
Used to be a Cop
Wednesday
Gravity’s Gone
Buttholeville / State Trooper
Ramon Casiano
The Opening Act (Sent out to Wednesday)
Shit Shots Count
Club XIII
Self Destructive Zones
I’m Eighteen
Zip City
The Driver
Slow Ride Argument
Santa Fe
Sounds Better in a Song
18 Wheels of Love
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock
Every Single Storied Flameout
Lookout Mountain
Shut Up & Get on the Plane
Angie’s & Fuselage (Cooley harmonica solo)
People Who Died
Thanks once again for promptly posting the set list. Just one small tweak: "Buttholeville/State Trooper" was dedicated to Beth & Dean aka Tequila Cowboy and Lurleen McQueen.

SteveInCTNeedsADrink

Post by SteveInCTNeedsADrink »

So as I pretty much just told Luke, Sarah & Bill as we were some of the last folks to leave the 40 Watt “I don’t internet” Cause well I rarely ever do. But as I lay here in this bed at almost 4am with my ears ringing a bit but in a good way with this goddamn ear to ear Cheshire cat grin that I just can’t get off my face & realizing that I don’t know how in the fuck I’m going to ever fall asleep after that motherfucking incredible adrenaline shot to my soul tonight I yet still continue to write the longest run-on sentence I can! I just wanted to reach out proper to any of you incredibly beautiful souls out there that I had the pleasure to hang with again for these past 4 days & nights again. Ya’ll are truly fucking amazing & if there is a heaven for me it would be in that 40 Watt with DBT playing forever with each & every one of you rocking the fuck out for all eternity. I love you all & goddamnit I’m sad as fuck that it’s over so soon but also so happy I got to do it all again with you amazing people! Safe travels home everyone & I can’t wait to see so many of your faces again soon enough at the next Rock Show! Folks like you give me faith in humanity still 😆 ❤️ 🤘

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

Drive-By Truckers
2023-03-31
40 Watt Club
Athens, GA

source: Microtech Gefell M21 (dina) > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48
transfer: USB > PC > iZotope RX 9 (gain, fades, edits, MBIT+ dither) > CD Wave > TLH (flac 8) > Foobar (tags)

*24bit/48khz fileset*

recorded and transferred by Gordon Wilson

A Team Dirty South Recording

01. Intro
02. Carl Perkins Cadillac
03. Puttin' People On The Moon
04. 72 (This Highway's Mean)
05. The Boys From Alabama
06. Surrender Under Protest
07. Sink Hole
08. Uncle Frank
09. Lookout Mountain
10. Gravity's Gone
11. Feb 14
12. A Ghost To Most
13. The Driver
14. One of These Days
15. Banter on 40 Watt Club
16. Bulldozers and Dirt
17. Plastic Flowers On The Highway
18. Made Up English Oceans
19. Banter
20. Tails Facing Up
21. Sounds Better in the Song
22. Tornadoes
23. Self Destructive Zones
24. Play It All Night Long
25. Where The Devil Don't Stay
26. Hell No, I Ain't Happy *^
27. Too Much Sex (Too Little Jesus) *
28. Women Without Whiskey *
29. A World Of Hurt *

* w/ David Barbe On Guitar
^ Stopped due to a fight in the crowd

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:10 am
And yes the band and a notable percentage of male attendees were wearing dresses and skirts. I gather it had to do with some LGBTQ+ solidarity effort but I don't know the details. What do you think, people? Who wore it best?
To clarify/update, it was the International Transgender Day of Awareness on Saturday.