DBT at the Arkansas State Fair, Friday, October 14th.

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

DBT at the Arkansas State Fair, Friday, October 14th.

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Friday night's show was a very good show in a very odd place, the second time I've been in a strange venue for DBT in Little Rock. The Fairgrounds is a GA area and a couple of seated bleachers, with a stage just above the line of sight. There was a front, but not a rail, because about five feet from the stage, you couldn't really see much. There was a ragged line of people standing in front of me and another ragged line of people behind them, which I was in.

The opening act was lucky enough to get walk-on music. DBT had to make do with a repeated rant from some Frank Acme about load and supply and power. I expected it to turn into a Firesign Theatre skit at any moment, but it never did.

The show itself went smoothly. It was a solid performance with a strong setlist and, at the end, a significant portion of the small crowd was trying for an encore. There was a hard curfew, though, and that was not going to happen.

Patterson talked to the crowd twice that I remember.

The first time was to answer a shout from the crowd: "Welcome to Buttholeville!" As you may know, Patterson has said he likes our "strange little city" city. Tonight he showed it by telling the story of how "Buttholeville" came about, then talking about how much he liked Little Rock. He talked about that show (which I missed!) where the power went out and the band had to play acoustic. Then he told the story of booze coming to Buttholeville, which introduced "Welcome 2 Club XII". It was a great rap.

The second time was to dedicate Angels and Fuselage to "our dear friend Wes Freed".

Tonight's set list:

Shake and Pine
Three Dimes Down
The Boys from Alabama
Slow Ride Argument
Billy Ringo in the Dark
A Ghost to Most
Tornados
Women Without Whiskey
The Driver
Every Single Storied Flameout
SInkhole
Shit Shots Count
Tales Facing Up
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Welcome to Club XIII (plus a great long story)
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock
Shut Your Mouth and Get On the Plane
Angels and Fuselage (dedicated to Wes Freed)

I had a great time! I saw old friends, met virtual friends, and made new friends. Plus there was a ROCK SHOW. Can't beat that.

(And speaking of old friends, I would be remiss not to mention two of those crazy Wisconsin guys, Tony and Jay, showed up.)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

hogfan

Re: DBT at the Arkansas State Fair, Friday, October 14th.

Post by hogfan »

Patterson gave a nice little shout out to the wonderful White Water Tavern as well.
Took my youngest daughter (14 years old) and she got a few of her favorites - Ghost to Most, Tornados, Marry Me and Angels. And I now know for a fact she pays attention when I'm playing music and she wanders in as she asks me (during a Patterson close-up on the video)- "that's the guy that sings the cool song about truck driving". Sure is baby girl. Sure is.