Redmond, WA CHOMP festival 8/20/2022

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Redmond, WA CHOMP festival 8/20/2022

Post by chuckrh »

This is kind of a weird gig. I had no idea it was happening until @beantownbubba gave me a head's up. It's a free show put on by the King County government, part of a festival celebrating local & sustainable farming. Redmond is the home of Microsoft & the festival is in a large park near the headquarters. DBT is playing at 4:00 PM with the ending "TBD" although the festival ends at 6:00. There will be a lot of families with little kids there so Patterson is probably going to have to lighten up on the f bombs a bit. Another interesting note is the stage is sponsored by Sound Transit, the entity responsible for buses & light rail in the area. Kind of weird as they are always begging the taxpayers for more money & are at least a decade behind schedule on the light rail system. I probably won't live to see it get to the area where I live but at least I'll get something for my tax dollars with the show, haha.

chuckrh

Re: Redmond, WA CHOMP festival 8/20/2022

Post by chuckrh »

Looking forward to the rock show today. I'm not 100% due to chemo earlier this week but I'm going to give it a go anyway. The weather has been ugly hot lately but we're getting a break today, high in the 70s. I don't really do setlists but I'll give a report tomorrow. When out in the country always remember:

Think I'll wear this 30 year old shirt today. It's still in good shape as I don't break it out often.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Good albeit shorter & a bit tamer show. The event wasn't too crowded as there was very little publicity for it. County government efficiency. The less said about that the better. I think this was a pretty nice payday for the band as they were playing back east & were returning there after. They came on @ 4:10 & played for 1.5 hours. There were a lot of families with little kids in the crowd & there was a bit less cussing than usual. Also, the volume was somewhat lower. I was sitting right by the PA & my ears aren't ringing today. Cooley did say he still looked like "Cher in a dress, motherfucker". The highlight for me was "People Who Died" as I had never actually seen them play that live before. The guitar roadies provided some extra 6 string firepower. "Slow Ride Argument" was real good, too. I got some decent pictures with my cheap phone & it's inept operator. I'll try to figure out how to put some up. I spotted Mrs. Hood, nice looking lady. Overall worth the effort despite a lot of pain dealing with traffic Armageddon as only Seattle can do in the summer. & I still got home in time for the last few innings of the Mariners game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbMzKGiHBIk

litdimly

Post by litdimly »

Thank you for the report chuckrh! Glad you got to experience PWD live.

I've not seen Cooley in a dress but I think he could pull it off, especially a Bob Mackie.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

litdimly wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:40 am
Thank you for the report chuckrh! Glad you got to experience PWD live.

I've not seen Cooley in a dress but I think he could pull it off, especially a Bob Mackie.
I put a few pics up in the concert photos thread. Not bad for my cheap Moto!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Here's the setlist. There's an excellent tape up on archive. Think it's a soundboard & sounds fantastic. Link below.
01 Intro
02 Shake And Pine
03 One Of These Days
04 Heathens
05 Women Without Whiskey
06 The Driver
07 Every Single Storied Flameout
08 Lookout Mountain
09 Where The Devil Don't Stay
10 We Will Never Wake You Up In The Morning
11 Shit Shots Count
12 The Company I Keep , Gravitys Gone