Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, 8/8/22

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

glennrwordman

Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, 8/8/22

Post by glennrwordman »

IN, seated show, front row center. Taking two friends to their first Rock Show (though both are huge music fans).

Anyone else headed out to the Isle of Long?
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Bill in CT

Re: Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, 8/8/22

Post by Bill in CT »

glennrwordman wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 am
I will be there.
Let me know if you & your friends want to meet somewhere for dinner before the show.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Bill in CT wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:12 pm
glennrwordman wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 am
I will be there.
Let me know if you & your friends want to meet somewhere for dinner before the show.
I've grabbed a couple of places that look decent:

https://www.brickhousebrewery.com/
https://jamesjoyceny.com/menu/
https://cajunclawsrestaurant.com/
http://www.bobbique.com/food/

We'll likely arrive around 6ish. Leaving NYC at 4:00 PM
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

We also have one extra ticket. Not cheap--$81.00--but front row, center. (And I'd rather have someone in the seat than the money).

Hit me up if you might be able to go. I am driving out from NYC and have space in the vehicle.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Monday, August 8, 2022
Drive-By Truckers, Patchogue Performing Arts Center

Despite the seated show (Patterson, plaintively: "We're really sorry that we're SO far away from you!"), a terrific show, the "Welcome 2 Club XIII" songs completely integrated into the flow by now. As others have reported, "Every Single Storied Flameout" (with the horns) is now a total showstopper. A standing ovation from those not medically glued to their seats. Eventually, by the guitar harmony moment of "Let There Be Rock", a decent portion of the crowd DID get up, and stayed up. It definitely changed the energy in the room.

Several people made mention, but with the sound being superb, you could really hear every detail last night, and Jay in particular was just ON it, all night.

At one point in "Hell No, I Ain't Happy", the thought that crossed my mind was "they (PH and Cooley) just look like kids playing guitars with and for each other". Despite it being naturally a more reserved audience, they are having a ball. It's infectious.

I am looking forward to a GA show. My feet, not so much, but the rest of me is prepped. (Brooklyn Bowl, I know you're out there, somewhere...)

P.S. If someone can explain simply how to upload a photo on this hell site, I will happily post the setlist.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Thanks Glenn

Always go to the show