Knuckleheads Kansas City, MO 7/16/2022

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

hendooman

Knuckleheads Kansas City, MO 7/16/2022

Post by hendooman »

Shake and Pine
Birthday Boy
The Righteous Path
A Ghost to Most
The Driver
Every Single Storied Flameout
We Will Never Wake You Up in the Morning
Gravity's Gone
Goode's Field Road
Women Without Whiskey
The Night G.G. Allin Came to Town
Love Like This
The Living Bubba
Made Up English Oceans
Rosemary With a Bible and a Gun
One of These Days
18 Wheels of Love
3 Dimes Down
Angels and Fuselage

Great night, very hot, albeit short set. Was a little disappointed we didnt get 22 or 23 songs. That being said the band was tight and the new songs sounded great. The final run from Goode to Angels was just electric. GG, Bubba and 18 were all nice surprises. I copied from setlist.com but can confirm this was the set. It was too damn hot to try and keep up! GG and 18 were both a first time for me. Great night, hope they get back to making KC a regular stop.

Zip Up to Michigan

Re: Knuckleheads Kansas City, MO 7/16/2022

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

I wonder why these sets are so short? Did "Shake and Pine" work as an opener? Seems like a bizarre choice.

Is Lydia Loveless still solo or does she have a band on this leg?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Thanks, hendoo.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

KcGhostToMost

Post by KcGhostToMost »

I was at the show. Yes, she was still the opener. For me “Shake and Pine” was weak as an opener. However the rest of the show was one of my very favorites of my many times seeing them even though it was 4-5 songs short from the norm. Obviously for me the highlight was “We will never wake you up in the morning”, so very good. But others for me as a fan that I was so happy I saw were “Love Like This”, “One of These Days”, “A Ghost To Most” and of course “Birthday Boy”. My son was at the show with me and turned 21 the next day so we were hoping they’d sing it. Overall their vocals I thought sounded the best they have in many years of my seeing them live, especially Patterson’s. My only minor complaint and it solely because I hadn’t seen them in 3 years, was that they didn’t sing but one song off of The Unraveling and The New Ok. I love all the songs off of both of those two albums. Again a bit hot but a top three show by them that I’ve seen over the many years.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

KcGhostToMost wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:48 am
I was at the show. Yes, she was still the opener. For me “Shake and Pine” was weak as an opener. However the rest of the show was one of my very favorites of my many times seeing them even though it was 4-5 songs short from the norm. Obviously for me the highlight was “We will never wake you up in the morning”, so very good. But others for me as a fan that I was so happy I saw were “Love Like This”, “One of These Days”, “A Ghost To Most” and of course “Birthday Boy”. My son was at the show with me and turned 21 the next day so we were hoping they’d sing it. Overall their vocals I thought sounded the best they have in many years of my seeing them live, especially Patterson’s. My only minor complaint and it solely because I hadn’t seen them in 3 years, was that they didn’t sing but one song off of The Unraveling and The New Ok. I love all the songs off of both of those two albums. Again a bit hot but a top three show by them that I’ve seen over the many years.
Thanks for the review. I can't wait for Sunday!

To be more specific on Lydia Loveless, did she have a band with her or is she still solo? I ask because we probably won't catch her if she doesn't have a band.

KcGhostToMost

Post by KcGhostToMost »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:13 pm
KcGhostToMost wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:48 am
Thanks for the review. I can't wait for Sunday!

To be more specific on Lydia Loveless, did she have a band with her or is she still solo? I ask because we probably won't catch her if she doesn't have a band.

It was just her on the keys some and guitar some.

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

Thanks for your review kcghost, the highlight for me all night was Patterson, he was on!

KcGhostToMost

Post by KcGhostToMost »

hendooman wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:26 pm
Thanks for your review kcghost, the highlight for me all night was Patterson, he was on!
No problem! Glad you thought the show was great like I did.