HC 2023 dates?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

schlanky

HC 2023 dates?

Post by schlanky »

Does anyone know if dates have been picked for Homecoming 2023?

I'm looking at booking a hiking trip that, due to the climate, needs to be done in January or February. It books six months out, and reservations go quickly, so I would need to be thinking about booking in a couple of weeks if I aim to hike in January.

I know HC was traditionally January before Craig passed, then moved to February for several years before moving back to January in 2022 before the postponement to April.

I'm sure as hell not gonna miss Homecoming, but also would like to make the backpacking trip.
Let the outside air in

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Re: HC 2023 dates?

Post by RolanK »

schlanky wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:51 pm

I'm looking at booking a hiking trip that, due to the climate, needs to be done in January or February. It books six months out, and reservations go quickly, so I would need to be thinking about booking in a couple of weeks if I aim to hike in January.

I know HC was traditionally January before Craig passed, then moved to February for several years before moving back to January in 2022 before the postponement to April.

I'm sure as hell not gonna miss Homecoming, but also would like to make the backpacking trip.
Patterson made a comment about Athens being beautiful in April, and “making a mental note of it” at the 40 Watt this HC, so maybe we’re up for a change? I assume there are loads of parameters to considerer when planning these things and that January/February may be the best option for a “normal” year anyway.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

One of us should just call Cooley and ask. I think he’d be most receptive to a 3am call!!!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:16 am
One of us should just call Cooley and ask. I think he’d be most receptive to a 3am call!!!
Please make that call on zoom. I'd pay good money to see that.

Just wonderin': whatever happened to skype?

Oh, yeah, schlanky: I have not heard even rumors much less fact about 2023 but I do know that all concerned were very pleased w/ the way the April dates worked out. Nothing to make plans around, unfortunately.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

schlanky wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:51 pm

Go on your trip. You won’t miss HC
Always go to the show

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Jonicont wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:48 pm

Go on your trip. You won’t miss HC
Thanks very much for the info!
Let the outside air in

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Since it appears likely that COVID is still going to be very much a concern through the winter, I'm thrilled by this.

Also, having it in April makes it feel like far more of a "vacation" for me coming from WI than it did in January/February.
Do you ever get tired of singin' songs
Like all your pain is just another fuckin' sing along?

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

From what Patterson said on Facebook, it appears likely that HHC will be March 29 thru April 1.
I am glad that Homecoming will be 4 shows again in 2023 and that it will not conflict with The Masters.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

perezoso

Post by perezoso »

Conflicts with The Masters have always perturbed me.
Making money you can't spend ain't what being dead's about.