Europe 2022

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Flea

Re: Europe 2022

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:14 pm
Thanks for these!

There is a story around "horse farm drunk." I can't remember the details just now but I bet tc or jonicont or many of the other usual suspects will know.
That was at The Dimmer Twins show at Schneider's place in 2017. Good times! It's probably on the DVD Jonicont put together for Nuci's fundraising.
Now it's dark.

Flea

Post by Flea »

I'm rather surprised that Jerry & The Stiff Boys haven't done Sugar Smacks on this leg of the tour.
Now it's dark.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thanks for these!

There is a story around "horse farm drunk." I can't remember the details just now but I bet tc or jonicont or many of the other usual suspects will know.

Horse Farm Drunk

Years ago, the band’s booking agent was contacted by a gentleman who owned a horse farm ( it was the farm that produced Man O’ War or Seabiscuit or Seattle Slew or Secretariat- Just don’t recall). His son was getting married and his favorite band was DBT. He wanted to hire the band to play after the rehearsal dinner. He was politely informed that the band didn’t play weddings and such. The gentlemen was persistent and by the 4th phone call an offer that couldn’t be refused was made “Yeah, I guess we do play weddings”. The band arrived at the agreed upon time which apparently turned out to be hours before the dinner. They asked for some Jack and we’re provided with an enormous bottle. Well the dinner ran late and the bottle was done so they asked for another. By showtime, everyone was “blind”. A stage had been setup at the foot of the pool. The pool was covered with plexiglass and had giant water lillies floating underneath. The groom and about half a dozen groomsmen came out falling down drunk and the band proceeded to play. Not much else is remembered
Always go to the show

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Flea wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:52 pm
I'm rather surprised that Jerry & The Stiff Boys haven't done Sugar Smacks on this leg of the tour.
A lot of words to remember and not a lot of melody to help cement those words into place. Call it Daddy’s Cup Syndrome.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Jonicont wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:34 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Thanks for these!

Horse Farm Drunk

Years ago, the band’s booking agent was contacted by a gentleman who owned a horse farm ( it was the farm that produced Man O’ War or Seabiscuit or Seattle Slew or Secretariat- Just don’t recall). His son was getting married and his favorite band was DBT. He wanted to hire the band to play after the rehearsal dinner. He was politely informed that the band didn’t play weddings and such. The gentlemen was persistent and by the 4th phone call an offer that couldn’t be refused was made “Yeah, I guess we do play weddings”. The band arrived at the agreed upon time which apparently turned out to be hours before the dinner. They asked for some Jack and we’re provided with an enormous bottle. Well the dinner ran late and the bottle was done so they asked for another. By showtime, everyone was “blind”. A stage had been setup at the foot of the pool. The pool was covered with plexiglass and had giant water lillies floating underneath. The groom and about half a dozen groomsmen came out falling down drunk and the band proceeded to play. Not much else is remembered
:lol: :lol: Thanks!
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

jay

Post by jay »

Heading for Dublin soon. See you up the front

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:03 pm
Call it Daddy’s Cup Syndrome.
Nice. :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Paris tonight. I hope somebody(ies) here will be there and that it's a great show. Sigh.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:56 am
Paris tonight. I hope somebody(ies) here will be there and that it's a great show. Sigh.

There are 2 HeAthens (not here) there. I suggested Le Marche and Cafe Sud
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jonicont wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:25 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:56 am

There are 2 HeAthens (not here) there. I suggested Le Marche and Cafe Sud
If they'll still be there, they should save Cafe Sud for Friday nite :)