Ashland KY 4/20/22

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

wv gangstabilly

Ashland KY 4/20/22

Post by wv gangstabilly »

Amazing show tonight. Band was incredible. Patterson seemed to be having a lot of fun. Small crowd, venue was about 25% full which sucks because its nice not having to drive 2-3 hours to a show and they will probably not come here again soon with such poor ticket sales. Lydia Loveless who I had not seen before opened. Very impressed by her voice.

I didn’t write the setlist down during the show so this may be slightly out of order but I’m sure I have the right songs.

Billy Ringo
Slow Ride Argument
Heathens
Sounds Better In the Song
Rosemary With A Bible and A Gun
English Oceans
Boys From Alabama
One of These Days
The Company I Keep
Welcome to Club XIII
Every Single Storied Flameout (with trumpet and sax)
Plastic Flowers On the Highway
Love Like This
Bulldozers and Dirt
Uncle Frank
The Driver
Three Dimes Down
Sink Hole
Women Without Whiskey
Play It All Night Long
Where the Devil Don’t Stay
Let There Be Rock
Surrender Under Protest
Angels and Fuselage

beantownbubba

Re: Ashland KY 4/20/22

Post by beantownbubba »

Thanks for the report. Too bad about the poor attendance but glad that you got a first rate show. You know what they say: Always go to the show :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

wv gangstabilly

Absolutely always go to the show. Its been a while since my last DBT show and I didn’t realize how much I had missed it. Also the first DBT show for my teenagers who were four months old, and not born, respectively when I went to my first DBT show in 2005. They said it was “pretty good” which is high praise from them.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

wv gangstabilly wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:27 pm
Absolutely always go to the show. Its been a while since my last DBT show and I didn’t realize how much I had missed it. Also the first DBT show for my teenagers who were four months old, and not born, respectively when I went to my first DBT show in 2005. They said it was “pretty good” which is high praise from them.
My first hand information is way out of date but my understanding is that simply getting teens to listen to rock music is a major achievement so I'd say that you done good and that "pretty good" is pretty impressive.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

wv gangstabilly

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:00 pm
wv gangstabilly wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:27 pm
My first hand information is way out of date but my understanding is that simply getting teens to listen to rock music is a major achievement so I'd say that you done good and that "pretty good" is pretty impressive.
I can’t say their taste is the same as mine, but they both like music and often stuff that is not mainstream, so I consider that a success.