Let's go for FIVE nights of Homecoming in 2023!!!

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TDB

Let's go for FIVE nights of Homecoming in 2023!!!

Post by TDB »

Ok, this is just MY two cents, but considering they played 26 repeats over four nights this year (not complaining, just saying).........
That is an ENTIRE SET RIGHT THERE!!!! Let's add a SUNDAY show!!!! Mostly acoustic...and old school/rarities.
Maybe even hire a steel-pedal player for a night? Suggestions????? (MOSTLY songs NOT played the previous 4 nights)

Tails Facing Up, Zoloft, Nine Bullets, Panties in Your Purse, Demonic Possession, Too Much Sex (Too Little Jesus), Boys From Alabama<The Buford Stick<Cottonseed, Daddy's Cup, Space City, Eyes Like Glue, Cartoon Gold, BOB!!!!!!, Checkout Time in Vegas, Lisa's Birthday, Three Great Bama Icons<Wallace,Road Cases, Life in the Factory, Shut Up and Get on the Plane into GREENVILLE TO BATON ROUGE and close with Angels. Brad leaves last. That is my opinion.

Zip Up to Michigan

Re: Let's go for FIVE nights of Homecoming in 2023!!!

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

I don't see how this couldn't be accomplished in the 3/4 nights they already do.

Really is a bummer to look at that song list and see so many great tunes they refuse to play. I wonder why? I'm not aware of any other band that has such a niche hardcore fan base that refuses to play songs the fans are dying to hear and instead repeats an absurd amount of tunes over the course of four nights, and in Cooley's case, three peats and four peats. Truly bizarre.

TDB

Post by TDB »

Well, I was trying to put a more positive spin on it, but yeah.

TDB

Post by TDB »

In their defense, lack of John Neff or a replacement for him is one reason.
Secondly, some of those songs they just don't WANT to play anymore!
I get it.

TDB

Post by TDB »

In any case, there are SEVERAL of the "faithful" that come in well before Wednesday night. Why wouldn't they stay an extra day on Sunday?
To be honest, I would stay on Sunday if I didn't have to get a rental car.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I don't know that I would ask a group of guys in their 40's and 50's to rock hard for 5 nights in a row. They don't do that on tour anymore, and frankly, the fourth night was a gift no one expected this year. The band is already extraordinarily generous with their time on Homecoming every year, so I hesitate to ask for more
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:49 pm
I don't know that I would ask a group of guys in their 40's and 50's to rock hard for 5 nights in a row. They don't do that on tour anymore, and frankly, the fourth night was a gift no one expected this year. The band is already extraordinarily generous with their time on Homecoming every year, so I hesitate to ask for more
I had a friend who used to say if he won the lottery he would give all his friends some.
Funny thing was he never played.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

TDB

Post by TDB »

Love it, Swamp :0)