Homecoming 2022 Setlist breakdown

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TDB

Homecoming 2022 Setlist breakdown

Post by TDB »

Ok, since I no longer have the energy to write down the setlist as it happens anymore, I rely heavily on the compooter.
For those dorky, music stat geeks like Me and Monty 610, we like this shit. According to setlist.fm they played................

100 songs over 4 nights (26/25/23/26)

5 covers (Springsteen: Adam Raised a Cain/State Trooper, Ramones: KKK..., Van Halen: Ain't Talkin; Bout Love, Warren Zevon: Play it all Night Long)

8 new songs: (17 out of 100)

Bingo: 3 times
Driver: 3
Club 13: 3
Wilder Days: 2
Never Wake Up: 2
Every...: 2
Maria: 1
Shake and Pine (For Jimmy C): 1

22 songs played in multiple shows: (39 out of 100)

Marry Me: 4, WWW: 3, Slow Ride: 3, Kinky H: 3, Pin Hits Shell: 2, Surrender Under Protest: 2, Zip City: 2, Shut Up and Get on Plane: 2, Primer Coat: 2, B-Day Boy: 2, First Air: 2, Shit Shots: 2, One of These Days: 2, Do It Yourself: 2, Buttholeville: 2, Hell No, I Aint Happy: 2, Righteous Path: 2

Songs only played once all weekend: (39 out of 100) Not the entire list........

Company I Keep, Why Henry Drinks, Steve McQueen, Lookout Mountain, Devil Don't Stay, 3DD, Living Bubba, Sante Fe, Grand Canyon, World of Hurt, Putting People on the Moon, Ronnie and Neil, Love Like This, Dead-Drunk-Naked>Guitar Man Upstairs, People Who Died, LET THERE BE ROCK ???

Slightly surprised at some songs that only got one play and others that got multiple. Sure, there were some that I wanted to hear but didn't :0(
(Like they were going to play "Demonic Possession" or "Bob" anyway, come on. Certain tunes are off the list these days.) But, that is nitpicking!

For those who couldn't be here (Monty and Heather, Howlin' Wolf, The Swamp's, Drifter and Company), Maluca...you were sorely missed by many. Speaking of sorely missed, I found myself thinking of Jimmy C. MANY times last weekend. He SHOULD have been there. God bless you, buddy.

If you told your friends a few years back, that you were going to see the SAME BAND for FOUR NIGHTS in a row, what would they say?
Would they still be your friends or would be they be standing right beside you at the ROCK SHOW?
Some people get it, some people don't.

All I gotta say is I had one HELL of a blast all four nights for their own reasons: Good friends, good food, good vibes.
Either way, it was one of the best weekends I've had in a while! How bout y'all?

"Rev" Todd

beantownbubba

Re: Homecoming 2022 Setlist breakdown

Post by beantownbubba »

Like.

Thanks for the song breakdown.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard