Portland 2/17 & 2/18

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Direwolfpdx

Portland 2/17 & 2/18

Post by Direwolfpdx »

Wonder Ballroom

Slow Ride Argument
Sante Fe
Birthday Boy
Righteous Path
Grievous Merchants
Buttholeville
Ghost to Most
Goodes Field Road
Devil Don’t Stay
The Driver
English Oceans
Rosemary with a Bible and a Gun
One of these Days
Ronnie and Neil
Surrender Under Protest
KKK
I’m 18
Every Single Storied Flameout (New Cooley, guessing it’s this one)
Let There Be Rock
Women Without Whiskey
Grand Canyon

Walked in to slow ride argument, so I was either right on time or late. They seemed on promptly at 9 and were done before 11. First Portland rock show in 4 years.

pearlbeer

Re: Portland 2/17 & 2/18

Post by pearlbeer »

Thanks for posting. Been a while since we've seen a setlist. Must have been a triumphant return to PH's hometown.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

ElGordo

Post by ElGordo »

You weren't late, Slow Ride Argument was the opener. The band's energy seemed a little off the first ~third of the set. PH seemed to be having some guitar tech difficulties that were throwing him off. Also, them boys ain't exactly young any more. EZB looked like Gandalf the Grey back there on the drums. Still, I had a damn good time being back at the rock show! Might convince myself I need to go again this evening.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

ElGordo wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:22 pm
EZB looked like Gandalf the Grey back there on the drums.
:lol: :lol:
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Direwolfpdx wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:02 am
First Portland rock show in 4 years.
ElGordo wrote:
! Might convince myself I need to go again this evening.
After 4 years you're only going to go to one!?
Always go to the show

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Direwolfpdx wrote:
Wonder Ballroom

Slow Ride Argument
Sante Fe
Birthday Boy
Righteous Path
Grievous Merchants
Buttholeville
Ghost to Most
Goodes Field Road
Devil Don’t Stay
The Driver
English Oceans
Rosemary with a Bible and a Gun
One of these Days
Ronnie and Neil
Surrender Under Protest
KKK
I’m 18
Every Single Storied Flameout (New Cooley, guessing it’s this one)
Let There Be Rock
Women Without Whiskey
Grand Canyon

Walked in to slow ride argument, so I was either right on time or late. They seemed on promptly at 9 and were done before 11. First Portland rock show in 4 years.

So wonderful to see setlist. This is my source. I encourage such behaviour. and...Santa Fe!! Nice turn of events
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:47 am
Thanks for posting. Been a while since we've seen a setlist. Must have been a triumphant return to PH's hometown.
“Been a while since we’ve seen a setlist.”

I posted the 2/14 San Francisco setlist on this board. Figured I didn’t need to keep the night 2 SF setlist since the band streamed the show online. Wednesday was an off day. Then they played Portland last night.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Direwolfpdx

Post by Direwolfpdx »

Righteous Path sounded different somehow, but I was chalking that up to the mix and maybe my ear plugs. Solid show, can’t make it tonight. Venue wasn’t overcrowded at all. Shirt drink lines and plenty of space.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Direwolfpdx wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:29 pm
Venue wasn’t overcrowded at all. Shirt drink lines and plenty of space.
Assuming that relates to the size of the crowd and not the nature of the venue, I'm a little surprised. Between the covid hiatus, Portland being Patterson's adopted home town and the presence of worldwide bill who usually brings a crowd all by himself, I expected a better showing by the faithful. Of course who knows how many people are still avoiding indoor venues so that me be a factor.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

ElGordo

Post by ElGordo »

Jonicont wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:36 pm
Direwolfpdx wrote:
First Portland rock show in 4 years.
ElGordo wrote:
! Might convince myself I need to go again this evening.
After 4 years you're only going to go to one!?
Different guy! I only did one night, but it hasn't been nearly as long for me.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:09 pm
Direwolfpdx wrote:
Assuming that relates to the size of the crowd and not the nature of the venue, I'm a little surprised. Between the covid hiatus, Portland being Patterson's adopted home town and the presence of worldwide bill who usually brings a crowd all by himself, I expected a better showing by the faithful. Of course who knows how many people are still avoiding indoor venues so that me be a factor.
The fans are getting older & it was a work night. My late years at Boeing I had to give up on the week night shows for the most part. Getting home past midnight & then getting to work at 5 AM was just too much. Also, I'm not sure where the venue is but if it's downtown Portland there's a huge homeless problem. Same thing is going on in Seattle. You really don't want to be downtown looking for parking, etc. after dark unless you have to. I hear there are a lot of empty seats even for sold out shows due to COVID.

ElGordo

Post by ElGordo »

beantownbubba wrote:
Direwolfpdx wrote:
Both nights were sold out at the box office pretty far in advance, but that's partly a function of tickets carrying over from the initial date in 2020. Hell, I didn't even realize those were still good until it popped up in my email the other day. I think a fair number of those tickets didn't get used.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

ElGordo wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:08 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Direwolfpdx wrote:
Both nights were sold out at the box office pretty far in advance, but that's partly a function of tickets carrying over from the initial date in 2020. Hell, I didn't even realize those were still good until it popped up in my email the other day. I think a fair number of those tickets didn't get used.
Tonight is sold out in Seattle. It's the designated make-up show for the show 2 years ago. There was no choice in the matter. Lots of tickets left for tomorrow night from what I understand. Lot of shows with bands that have sold well in the past aren't selling out now. Wilco & MMJ both did 2 nights here in October & none of the shows were sold out. They were pretty well attended though. Not so much for DBT but lot of bands that have been around for awhile are getting expensive, too. With the increased of late service charges, you end paying for 3 tickets for 2 seats. Talking like $200 maybe more when you throw in the parking & a few drinks. Not counting dinner if you go that direction. As someone on a fixed income now, I have to pick & choose shows. Not even talking about the health issues I'm dealing with.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Took a trip up to PDX to catch the shows.
Had a great time, Wonder Ballroom was rocking.
Both shows delivered the goods, really glad we made it.
I don’t write down set lists, so this is from memory, I know I missed a couple, so if anyone can add.
I do know, we started with Living Bubba and ended with Angels.
Everything else is in random order for the most part.
Bubba
Uncle Frank
Tornadoes
Zip
Hell No
Ghost
Sounds Better in the Song
Sink Hole
Guitar Man Upstairs
DDD
Slow ride argument
Plastic Flowers
The Driver
Grievance Merchants
Won’t wake you up (new PH)
Play it all night long
Marry Me
Angels
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

ElGordo wrote:
You weren't late, Slow Ride Argument was the opener. The band's energy seemed a little off the first ~third of the set. PH seemed to be having some guitar tech difficulties that were throwing him off. Also, them boys ain't exactly young any more. EZB looked like Gandalf the Grey back there on the drums. Still, I had a damn good time being back at the rock show! Might convince myself I need to go again this evening.
I thought EZB is starting to look like cousin It from the Addams Family. & Patterson is starting to head into Larry Fine territory with the hair, haha. I know what you mean about the energy being a little off. Same thing happened in Seattle. Last night was packed. If I were in better shape health wise I'd go tonight to Seattle 2. It's not doable though.