Pioneertown show notes 2/12

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

gkow4three

Pioneertown show notes 2/12

Post by gkow4three »

Yesterday, my brother and I made the drive from north county San Diego up to the Pappy&Harriet's venue, which is near Pioneerstown, CA (which itself is a small town right near Joshua Tree National Park).
The show was outdoors under the high desert sky. SoCA is having a heatwave; we saw 90 degrees on the car thermometer on the drive up. But by show time at around 6PM, the sun was down and it was was much cooler. It was below 50 by time we were driving home. It was really comfortable to be packed into the packed crowd watching the rock show.
I don't have a setlist, and I think we we missed the opening song. But... we walked in with "Filthy and Fried" playing and "Righteous Path" followed. Two of my very favorites, so it was locked right in. I know they played 6 songs from SRO and 2 new songs that Patterson said will be on an album coming out this summer (!!!). The played about 2.5 hours. "Angels and Fuel" was the closer; it's really great how they do that.
It was our first time at the Pappy's venue; Patterson said it was their first time too. They crushed it. If they want make that a tour stop now, I'd be all for it.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: Pioneertown show notes 2/12

Post by Jonicont »

Thanks
Always go to the show

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

gkow4three wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:56 pm
Yesterday, my brother and I made the drive from north county San Diego up to the Pappy&Harriet's venue, which is near Pioneerstown, CA (which itself is a small town right near Joshua Tree National Park).
The show was outdoors under the high desert sky. SoCA is having a heatwave; we saw 90 degrees on the car thermometer on the drive up. But by show time at around 6PM, the sun was down and it was was much cooler. It was below 50 by time we were driving home. It was really comfortable to be packed into the packed crowd watching the rock show.
I don't have a setlist, and I think we we missed the opening song. But... we walked in with "Filthy and Fried" playing and "Righteous Path" followed. Two of my very favorites, so it was locked right in. I know they played 6 songs from SRO and 2 new songs that Patterson said will be on an album coming out this summer (!!!). The played about 2.5 hours. "Angels and Fuel" was the closer; it's really great how they do that.
It was our first time at the Pappy's venue; Patterson said it was their first time too. They crushed it. If they want make that a tour stop now, I'd be all for it.
'

Nice to see a recap! Thanks for posting. I've been kind of sad to see no setlists lately (not on FB so this is the only place I'd see them). Was hoping for some new ones on this tour. Excited for Denver and Fort Collins later this month. I wish Aspen were in the cards but that drive, in February, on a school night...
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

The venue and show were both great! It was my first time there as well. I went to an event in North Hollywood in the early afternoon. The drive to the show was brutal with traffic. It took me about 4 hours including a pit stop in Riverside for gas and food.
I wish I had brought a pen and paper to keep the setlist as there was no cell phone service. I do recall these were the first songs of the set:

Filthy and Fried
The Righteous Path
Birthday Boy
Shake & Pine
Slow Ride Argument
Santa Fe

DBT played 3 unreleased songs at this show:

Shake & Pine
The Driver
Welcome 2 Club XIII
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Bill in CT wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:45 pm
I wish I had brought a pen and paper to keep the setlist as there was no cell phone service. I do recall these were the first songs of the set:
just use the Notes function and type as they go (iphone, assuming that android has a similar app)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Yeah, the lack of reports or even set lists from the recent shows is disappointing. I expect better from the San Francisco crowd (hint, hint). Have fun, y'all.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

I was at this show and it was a banger. Pappy & Harriets is one of the best places to see live music. They came on right at 6 and played straight through until 8:30. Sorry Bubba, I am usually the guy with a pen and pad writing down the set list but this time I made it a point to just enjoy the show. I also figured someone else would. I saw a guy next to me early in the set writing down notes but who knows what he did with it. I was impressed by the crowd. They were singing loud on every song and going crazy. The chorus of Hell No I Ain't Happy was exceptionally loud and the whole crowd sang along for KKK Took My Baby Away. All in all it was a great show.

Got to say hi to Patterson after the show. I didn't know he was so damn tall.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

lajakesdad wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:16 pm

Got to say hi to Patterson after the show. I didn't know he was so damn tall.

Yeah, he's "the big guy"
Always go to the show