New Orleans 11/20

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mundane Mayhem

New Orleans 11/20

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Flying in tomorrow and excited for my long-awaited return to the Rock Show. SLC got rained out. WhiskyX was a teaser. Ready for the real thing.

This was originally supposed to be their last show of the year, but they’ve since added Lafayette.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem

Re: New Orleans 11/20

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Slow Ride
Heroin
Filthy
Righteous
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Goode’s
Devil
Tornadoes
Ghost
Hell No
Gravity
GG Allin
One of These Days
Plastic Flowers (Dedicated to TC)
MUEO
Rosemary
Ronnie and Neil
Surrender
KKK
Play It All Night Long
Zip City
LTBR
Shut Up
Angels and Fuselage
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

What an awesome night in The Big Easy. Great seeing you guys again. It just felt right seeing Bill in Ct posted up front and center The band was on fire and the crowd was locked in. So much loud sweaty fun. I had a mean hangover thanks to the free beers that you wonderful people kept handing to me.

Highlights for me were GG Allin, Plastic Flowers with a long dedication to TC, One of These Days and very rowdy versions Hell No I Ain't Happy and Play It All Night Long. Can't wait for the next show. Hate that I will have to miss Homecoming.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

thedudeabides wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:33 am
What an awesome night in The Big Easy. Great seeing you guys again. It just felt right seeing Bill in Ct posted up front and center The band was on fire and the crowd was locked in. So much loud sweaty fun. I had a mean hangover thanks to the free beers that you wonderful people kept handing to me.

Highlights for me were GG Allin, Plastic Flowers with a long dedication to TC, One of These Days and very rowdy versions Hell No I Ain't Happy and Play It All Night Long. Can't wait for the next show. Hate that I will have to miss Homecoming.
It's really interesting to have Hell No "liberated" from its role as a closer/near closer. In recent years, when I've heard the first notes, my stomach has always dropped a little bit with the knowledge that the show is entering the home stretch. It's pretty sweet to be able to enjoy it fully when it comes an hour or so into the set.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:42 pm
It's really interesting to have Hell No "liberated" from its role as a closer/near closer. In recent years, when I've heard the first notes, my stomach has always dropped a little bit with the knowledge that the show is entering the home stretch. It's pretty sweet to be able to enjoy it fully when it comes an hour or so into the set.
Yes you nailed it MM. Just like when Zip City pops up early in the show. It becomes more enjoyable.
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:18 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:42 pm
Yes you nailed it MM. Just like when Zip City pops up early in the show. It becomes more enjoyable.
Yes, there ought to be a name for this phenomenon.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Setlist variation?
Dave

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Vincent wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:29 pm
Setlist variation?
I don't think this quite captures the very specific feeling in the way a proper German word might. It probably has something to do with Rock Show as microcosm of our awareness of our own mortality. That essential human characteristic that separates us from the beasts, but also gives us depression.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Premature Encore
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Amphetalude. It's all about the highs and the lows. And w/ an umlat it might even sound German.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard