2022 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray offer

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

uncle rickey

2022 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray offer

Post by uncle rickey »

“Are you okay? Is everybody okay?”

That’s how Patterson and I greeted each other in Brooklyn last week. It was shortly before the first show of a 3-night run. We stood for a while and talked, agreeing that the usual “how are you?” doesn’t cut it/can even seem dismissive these days. Turns out we’ve both noticed people greeting each other this way, more and more often.

I was so thankful to be able to be there for the 3 shows at Brooklyn Bowl (*almost* a taste of Homecoming); to greet so many HeAthens again, to be together in person for the first time in 20+ months!

From IA, KY, FL, CO, IL, VA, and all around the Northeast, HeAthens arrived for the shows, gathered in bars, restaurants, hotels…even at a friend’s home for an exquisite brunch. I didn’t count how many times I heard a HeAthen ask someone: “are you okay?” There were many. I was moved (if unsurprised) to find the authenticity, thoughtfulness, passion, and caring as vibrant among us as ever.

On the third night, Patterson dedicated “Grand Canyon” to “my dear friend Jimmy C.” I locked eyes with Sarah. In a breath, everything about the show—the music, the lights, the warm swaying crowd—faded. My eyes were wet. A few sobs shook loose...maybe more than a few. For a while, I wasn’t so much at the show as I was within myself.

Jimmy’s absence was unavoidable, almost palpable. Feeling the grief swell up around me as much as within me, I recognized—really recognized—what we’ve lost together.

Another dozen songs, each with its unique heartbeat, brought the Brooklyn run to an ecstatic close. We came together as we do at night’s end: for chats, hugs, the group pic... Soon, the particular four words I’ve longed to hear and say for nearly two years resonated from every direction in the emptying venue:

“See you at Homecoming!”

Together with the setlist, those words reverberated in my mind. Feeling the fond imprints of generous post-show embraces and conversations, and looking forward to Homecoming perhaps more than ever before (which is a whole, whole, whole lot), I knew—really knew—what we have together.

Remember when I wrote to you last year about supporting Nuci’s, waxing on about how great it will be when we can finally come together for Homecoming again? (The shows, meeting up at Flicker, backyard BBQs, the auction, impromptu gatherings, lunch at White Tiger, oh and Flicker, and the shows...?) Well, we’re actually almost there. Really! The week of January 12th is close enough that I’ve already been counting days for months (57 to go!).

When there was no Homecoming to attend last year, we HeAthens still raised $45K for Nuci’s Space. Why? How? Because we showed up. Even though we couldn’t gather in person, we never stopped coming together, checking in, celebrating triumphs, creating, strategizing, connecting about DBT and so very much more. We care about each other (and show it) 24/7.

Most of those whom Nuci’s serves have little or no other access to the support and nurturing we HeAthens share with each other. We show up for Nuci’s together to give these folks the kindness and support that I cherish in our community.

Without this community, firing up my own optimism engines would have been next to impossible too many times to count. That's why knowing what I have together with all of you makes giving every year so meaningful for me.

I hope you’ll join me and Sarah and support Nuci's Space as generously as your situation permits right now. We’ve decided to contribute a little extra this year because we’re aware of the increased need in Athens that especially impacts those who rely on Nuci’s.

You know how this message has to end, right? With those four words that I can’t say or write without smiling: See you at Homecoming!

Yours Always,

Luke
a/k/a uncle rickey

Thank you Luke

Well unfortunately there was no Homecoming in 2021 but we had a show stashed in the archives. 2/14/2019--Night two of the 2019 Homecoming.

Thanks to Leslie Bogart, Tyler Eaves, Bill Fraley, Lester Johnson, Jamie Jacobs and Chris Wade for filming the show

The set list
Heathens, Gravity’s Gone, Feb 14, First Air of Autumn, My Sweet Annette, Birthday Boy, Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife
Sounds Better in the Song, (Something's Got to) Give Pretty Soon, Where the Devil Don’t Stay, Tornadoes, Three Dimes Down
Wednesday, Slow Ride Argument, Babies in Cages, Ramon Casiano, Guns of Umpqua, Filthy and Fried, The Righteous Path
A Ghost to Most, The Opening Act, Women Without Whiskey, Drag the Lake Charlie, Marry Me Careless, Shit Shots Count
The Tough Sell, Zip City, Grand Canyon

Here's a few previews

Obtaining your discs is a TWO STEP PROCESS

STEP ONE: Donate to Nucis

A $30 minimum donation for the dvd

A $35 minimum donation for the Blu-ray

you can do that below
This link allows you to choose between Paypal or Credit Card

https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine ... 5m0h2kRogw

Donations to this link will be automatically reported to us at 3DD. Don't forget step Two

Check
If you're sending a check, make sure you include "3DD" and your user name (if you have one) in the memo line!

Mail it to:

Nuci's Space
396 Oconee Street
Athens, GA 30601

NB--Due to increase in costs, the discs will be shipped in paper sleeves.

STEP TWO: PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING

SHIPPING AND HANDLING IS PAID TO ME

S&H for the DVD is $6.50

S&H for the BLURAY is $7.50

pay me via Paypal or Venmo--

My Paypal address is jonicont@aol.com

My Venmo address is @John-Contovasilis-1

Or you can send me a check (Email me (jonicont@threedimesdown.com) for my address)

We appreciate folks who put in a little extra for the S&H but please pay the exact amount. That indicates whether you want a bluray or dvd.

Thanks to everyone who donated last year.

ALWAYS GO TO THE SHOW
Jonicont

ThatSweetSoulMusic

Re: 2022 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray offer

Post by ThatSweetSoulMusic »

Great recap of the BB run, Luke.
Looking forward to my first HHC and helping with the cause.

Dave A

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Why do you keep talking about me?
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Flea

Post by Flea »

I really wish the Don Chambers set was on this.

Now it's dark.

therealjustj

Post by therealjustj »

Done. Always happy to support this great cause.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

one belt loop wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:14 pm
Why do you keep talking about me?
Always. I thought you'd be used to it by now.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

uncle rickey wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:23 pm
Marry Me Careless
A great song title begging for lyrics. :D
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Very excited to see this one. This was a mighty fine show, and I remember being kinda bummed when it wasn't "released" for the following year's fundraiser. I was very happy to get the Dimmer Twins show that year, but I'd worried this one would never be available. I'm looking forward to reliving this one with the video.
Let the outside air in

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Watched this on the weekend and this is an A+ show. The band came out firing from the start. Excellent video and the sound is perfect. One thing that stuck out is how funky Matt is on some of these songs. He adds so much to them. Grab this video before it's gone. And give to Nuci's because that's what we do.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

With the postponement of Homecoming, I put this off and now it appears the link is no longer working (understandably so). Any chance of a revival heading into Homecoming?
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:21 am
With the postponement of Homecoming, I put this off and now it appears the link is no longer working (understandably so). Any chance of a revival heading into Homecoming?
I can't believe I screwed this up too.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:14 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
What are you guys smoking. The link above works
Always go to the show

John A Arkansawyer

Jonicont wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:48 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
That's what I get for not checking the link. But I can guarantee it is in working shape, because I just utilized it.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Jonicont wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:48 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
I can say with absolute certainty that it was not working late last night, but it is indeed working just fine now. All's well that ends well. Thanks, Doc.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Thanks for the generous donations fellas

PS--now pony up the S&H Johnny boy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always go to the show

John A Arkansawyer

Jonicont wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:03 am
Thanks for the generous donations fellas

PS--now pony up the S&H Johnny boy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some days. They aren't like the other days. Except they are.