Birmingham- 10-22-2021 Avondale Brewing Company

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Birmingham- 10-22-2021 Avondale Brewing Company

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Avondale Brewing 10/22/2021

Living Bubba
Ghost to Most
Goode’s Field Road
Women Without Whiskey
Tornadoes
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
The New Ok
Surrender Under Protest
KKK Took My Baby Away (with Ross Cooley)
18 Wheels of Love
First Air of Autumn
Plastic Flowers
Three Dimes Down
Buttholeville/State Trooper
One of These Days
Boys From Alabama
Made Up English Oceans
Rosemary With a Bible and a Gun
Slow Ride Argument
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Angels and Fuselage
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

bakertom09

Re: Birmingham- 10-22-2021 Avondale Brewing Company

Post by bakertom09 »

Thanks for posting.

How was the show?

Seems there is a bit less excitement this time around than in the past. I know I'm looking forward to seeing The Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band In The World in ATL the night after I see the Stones. :-)

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Show was fantastic. Saw TC and Lurleen and Mike from Kentucky and Graham the Ghost. RedCelt and wife came down from North Carolina for the show. Missed hanging out with Beaverdam and FIL who didn't make it to this one.

It was truly wonderful. Excellent set list. Band came out swinging. There's always that moment in shows where it kicks up a notch. Buttholeville into State Trooper was that tipping point. Show just smoked the rest of the way out. Jay finished up Angels and Fuselage.

We hung toward the back of the crowd out of the fray back where the sound is better for this show. We had folks back there singing with us.

We met a couple who will be going to Homecoming for their first time. Very nice folks. We made sure to mention attending the hangout and Nuci's events.

Having Ross Cooley on stage for KKK was a treat.

Highlight for me was One of These Days into Boys from Alabama. And I'd be fine hearing Plastic Flowers played at every show I see. I wasn't expecting Goode's Field Road at this show, so that was a nice surprise. I'm pretty sure my hoarseness this morning was mostly caused by Let There Be Rock.

This was my first full length Rock Show since Homecoming 2020. Fantastic night all the way around.
Let the outside air in

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

:D :D

Thanks for the report, schlanky.

One truly never knows with these guys. Like where does "Rosemary" suddenly pop up from? :) I guess "Buttholeville" in Birmingham is not quite "Buttholeville" in Muscle Shoals, but still, gotta love it... And of course I have to assume that "Boys From Alabama" has a special resonance in Alabama.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:51 am
:D :D

Thanks for the report, schlanky.

One truly never knows with these guys. Like where does "Rosemary" suddenly pop up from? :) I guess "Buttholeville" in Birmingham is not quite "Buttholeville" in Muscle Shoals, but still, gotta love it... And of course I have to assume that "Boys From Alabama" has a special resonance in Alabama.
Rosemary is awesome. It has really become of of my favorite Patterson songs. They did it in Asheville too.
Now it's dark.