Homecoming Fundraising

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Homecoming Fundraising

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Greetings, fellow HeAthens! As of today, we are eighty-seven days out from Homecoming. Beth and I won’t be joining y’all this year, but I will continue to run point on fundraising activities for as long as possible. The annual DVD drive will begin in a few weeks, but we also need to consider the auction and other fundraising ideas. With last year’s auction being online, I cautioned against building anything crazy like a life-sized Cooley or anything like that. However this year, if you’re driving and so inclined, knock yourselves out! Past events have featured quilts, paintings, wood sculptures and signs, custom lamps and hanging lights, jewelry, scarfs, and more. Be creative. Think outside the box.

Aside from our regular fundraisers, we are always open to other ideas. Nuci’s Space is as essential a part of Homecoming as the event itself. We have been very successful in past years because of you, your ideas, and your generosity. If you have thoughts on raising money or would like to volunteer, please let me know. We will miss everyone’s smiling faces at Homecoming but are excited for those of you attending, and of course, we’ll be there in spirit. Until then, if you have any questions regarding the fundraiser, please let me know.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Beaverdam

Re: Homecoming Fundraising

Post by Beaverdam »

In regard to the DVD drive, concerts have been sparse since COVID, and I just had the idea of a "Real Housewives" style reality show with the band members from quarantine times.

If it was anything like my house, you'd hear, "if I see you one more day in that same pair of boxers..."

"But, baby, I wear them so well!"