DBT @ The Ryman/Nashville 10/4

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Sterling Bigmouth

DBT @ The Ryman/Nashville 10/4

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

The Living Bubba
Ghost to Most
Tornadoes
Grievance Merchants
The Boys from Alabama
Where the Devil Don’t Stay
Ronnie and Neil
Plastic Flowers
Filthy and Fried
Righteous Path
Slow Ride Argument
Thoughts and Prayers
Ramon Casiano
Heathens (w/ Jason Isbell)
The Day John Henry Died (w/ Jason Isbell)
Zip City
Sandwiches for the Road
Women Without Whiskey
Sink Hole
Uncle Frank
Play It All Night Long
3 Dimes Down
Let There Be Rock
Marry Me
Angels and Fuselage

You know how some bands kick it up a notch in special rooms? Tonight was one of those nights. Palpable energy from the start of the show until over two hours later. This is what they talk about when they talk about the redemptive power of the rock show. What a night.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Clams

Re: DBT @ The Ryman/Nashville 10/4

Post by Clams »

Once again Tyler gets the job done
If you don't run you rust

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Ohhh!

My wife bought me tickets for this show when it was originally scheduled, and we eventually got rid of them. I haven’t done an indoor show yet…hell, I haven’t even eaten in an indoor restaurant yet, but last night looked awesome.

I didn’t get into DBT till post Isbell, but I’d love to see them together!

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

All in all a nice looking set. Sweet guest spot and great choices by Patterson... but my God Cooley. What’s the deal with this guy? It’s the same rotation of the same 15 songs since American Band came out. Getting to the point where nearly every Cooley song is a bathroom break because they’re all so overplayed.

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:10 am
All in all a nice looking set. Sweet guest spot and great choices by Patterson... but my God Cooley. What’s the deal with this guy? It’s the same rotation of the same 15 songs since American Band came out. Getting to the point where nearly every Cooley song is a bathroom break because they’re all so overplayed.
Not sure if I would go as far as taking a leak when Cooley is at the mic, I mean, they are all GREAT songs, but I do take your point. I had hoped that after 18 months of no Rawk show, and the deeper cuts rekindled in the virtual shows, there would have been a hunger within the band to shake up the set lists with more deeper cuts. Perhaps this will evolve as the tour continues...
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau