Feedback needed on Avondale Brewery

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Agerst1574

Feedback needed on Avondale Brewery

Post by Agerst1574 »

I am very tempted to attend the show at the Avondale Brewery in Birmingham on 10/22. My plan is to fly in for the day and hang around Birmingham and going to the National Civil Rights Museum before attending the show.

Any feedback on the venue? Sounds like it will be outdoors as it is rain or shine. Is similar to something like the Scoot Inn in Austin?

schlanky

Re: Feedback needed on Avondale Brewery

Post by schlanky »

I've only been there once. It is outdoors, and there is an outdoor music curfew if I remember correctly. It's not a huge venue (I've never been to Scoot Inn, so can't compare), but nice. They have some good beer, particularly the Train Hopper Pale Ale if you're into pale ale. There are some decent restaurants there in Avondale near the venue. Our COVID numbers here are terrible right now if that's a concern.
Let the outside air in

bakertom09

Post by bakertom09 »

Agerst1574 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:19 am
I am very tempted to attend the show at the Avondale Brewery in Birmingham on 10/22. My plan is to fly in for the day and hang around Birmingham and going to the National Civil Rights Museum before attending the show.

Any feedback on the venue? Sounds like it will be outdoors as it is rain or shine. Is similar to something like the Scoot Inn in Austin?
If you decide to go and need a ticket, I have one available. I was going to attend but inadvertently scheduled something else. Fortunately I will be able to catch the Rock Show at the Variety Playhouse in ATL the night after seeing the Stones there.

I'll sell it for a straight up $27.50 which is the price without any ticket charges.

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

bakertom09 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:52 am
Agerst1574 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:19 am

If you decide to go and need a ticket, I have one available. I was going to attend but inadvertently scheduled something else. Fortunately I will be able to catch the Rock Show at the Variety Playhouse in ATL the night after seeing the Stones there.

I'll sell it for a straight up $27.50 which is the price without any ticket charges.

Will let you know. I am also flying in to see the Stones in Atlanta and I am kind of kicking myself that I did not know DBT were performing the night after. I fly out that day. Then again, my wife would not have been thrilled. She is not a big fan of DBT and standing at a club particularly given Covid.

But I will be at two of the shows at Brooklyn Bowl.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Just got an email from Avondale Brewery about the Birmingham show:

Per the artist's request, please note this show is requiring all fans to provide PRINTED proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event OR full vaccination for entry.

All fans must have received a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before entry to the facility and provide printed proof of a negative result prior to entering the venue. Or, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) and have the option to provide proof of vaccination - either the original vaccination card or a printed copy of the vaccination card.

Unvaccinated fans under 12 years of age will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before entry to the facility and will provide printed proof of negative result prior to entering the venue.

Unvaccinated fans over 12 years old with a valid medical restriction & medical note will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before entry to the facility, and will provide printed proof of negative result prior to entering the venue.
Let the outside air in