Salt Lake City - 8/1

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tyler
Site Admin

Salt Lake City - 8/1

Post by Tyler »

First full headlining show...

Venue: https://redbuttegarden.org/concerts/
Tickets go on sale 6/28

Mundane Mayhem

Re: Salt Lake City - 8/1

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Tyler wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:30 pm
First full headlining show...

Venue: https://redbuttegarden.org/concerts/
Tickets go on sale 6/28
In. I told myself all through the pandemic I'd make the first headlining show, and I aim to make good on it. It helps that it's a hop, skip, and jump from me in Denver. Flight and accommodations are booked. Now just need that ticket.

Anybody been to this venue? Any kind of lame-ass noise limitations I should be aware of (thinking of the Boulder Chautauqua shows)?
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:45 pm
Any kind of lame-ass noise limitations I should be aware of (thinking of the Boulder Chautauqua shows)?
We got to see Mike Cooley instigate a rebellion. What more could you want from a DBT show?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:44 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:45 pm
Any kind of lame-ass noise limitations I should be aware of (thinking of the Boulder Chautauqua shows)?
We got to see Mike Cooley instigate a rebellion. What more could you want from a DBT show?
A fair point well made.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

I’ve seen dozens of great shows at Red Butte Gardens, including the epic Booker T and the DBT’s show in 2009 with none other than WWCD. RBG is a spectacular 3000 capacity venue sitting next to the foothills near the U of U. Very relaxed atmosphere. Bring a cooler with whatever the hell you want. Lawn seating (bring a low profile chair) and relatively easy access, although you may want to Lyft, as parking can lead to some long hikes. Best not to snooze on tix as I’m sure the demand from locals as well as out-of-towners will be substantial. Expect a face melter, I’m sure the boys will be foaming at the mouth after such a long hiatus. Also, many heartfelt thanks to Patterson Hood for making good on his promise to “bring my band back here and blow the doors off the place.”

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Is it general admission seating? Is there standing allowed?

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

It’s GA with VIP sections. Typically people start lining up hours in advance of gates opening, then it’s like the land rush for spots.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

It’s GA with VIP sections. Typically people start lining up hours in advance of gates opening, then it’s like the land rush for spots.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I'm assuming given the location (and that it's a Sunday) it'll probably be a relatively early show?

7PM or something like that maybe? My flight gets in about 11AM should I should be fine.

Anyone here a member and have access to the pre-sale?

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Reminder: For anyone not a member, the tickets go on sale MONDAY 8/28

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Tyler wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:29 pm
Reminder: For anyone not a member, the tickets go on sale MONDAY 8/28
Clutch reminder. Thanks!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I am in for this show. It will be my first show by anyone in the state of Utah.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Bill in CT wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:10 am
I am in for this show. It will be my first show by anyone in the state of Utah.

Are you trying at all? I’m hoping to see ya there.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

UTHeathen wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:08 pm
What time do show typically happen in there? Or what time do gates usually open?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:12 pm
UTHeathen wrote:
What time do show typically happen in there? Or what time do gates usually open?
Doors 6:30, show at 7:30. They also added Cha Wa as an opener, which is exciting to me. Love that new record of theirs.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:47 pm
boyyourself wrote:
UTHeathen wrote:
Doors 6:30, show at 7:30. They also added Cha Wa as an opener, which is exciting to me. Love that new record of theirs.

Thanks!…..we won’t make an early line up but hopefully by 530

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:55 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

My wife is not the “line up early” sort, so I’ll just be glad if I can get her to agree to be there at or around doors.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:09 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:55 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

My wife is not the “line up early” sort, so I’ll just be glad if I can get her to agree to be there at or around doors.

Nice yeah I was just trolling my daughter when I told her I got us tickets thinking she would roll her fourteen year old eyes at me and i would be rolling solo but she politely accepted, what do ya know, the kid needs some rock too! It’s no surprise considering her first show was McMurtry at seven. Days old that Is. plus a bunch of DBT shows.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

:(

John A Arkansawyer

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 pm
You can say that again!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:52 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
You can say that again!

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Setlist tonight:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Somehow I don't think this emoji means "the band was on fire and the people were great." Leaving us all (or at least me) to wonder what it does mean.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:44 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Somehow I don't think this emoji means "the band was on fire and the people were great." Leaving us all (or at least me) to wonder what it does mean.
Fair.

The skies opened up with a thunderstorm of biblical proportions right around the time the show was supposed to start, so the glorious return of the Rock Show was postponed.

Or

John A Arkansawyer

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:25 am
beantownbubba wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fair.

The skies opened up with a thunderstorm of biblical proportions right around the time the show was supposed to start, so the glorious return of the Rock Show was postponed.

Or

To be fair, they really needed that rain, since they're in the middle of a drought during which one would not normally expect a frog-strangler.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:46 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Fair.

Or

To be fair, they really needed that rain, since they're in the middle of a drought during which one would not normally expect a frog-strangler.
Yeah, I can appreciate this reasonable long view now that my buttcrack is dry.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fair.

Or

Bummer. That sucks anyway but it particularly sucks because I know a lot of people traveled to that show (not sure where you live MM) Thanks for the clarification. Hope your shoes are dry by now.

John A Arkansawyer

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:51 am
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:46 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Fair.

Or

Yeah, I can appreciate this reasonable long view now that my buttcrack is dry.
If I'd been stuck in the downpour, I'd be in a worse mood, but I lucked out. Turned out I'd Will Called my tickets and not phone displayed them, so there I was headed back to the end of the line. I decided to go to the car, wait till the light sprinkle I'd expected was over, and waltz in to a good listening spot, forgoing being up close. It was sad watching the people I'd just seen walking up the hill, expecting the same light rain, walk back down much faster. I felt especially bad for the ones with kids. So instead I'm pissed about being in a hotel room that is under renovation--not just the hotel, but the room itself.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:44 am
So instead I'm pissed about being in a hotel room that is under renovation--not just the hotel, but the room itself.
:o I hope that's reflected in the room rate.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:38 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Fair.

Or

Bummer. That sucks anyway but it particularly sucks because I know a lot of people traveled to that show (not sure where you live MM) Thanks for the clarification. Hope your shoes are dry by now.
They are not, but we will persevere. First order of business today is to find a laundromat (once it stops raining) to get some things dried out before we head out to the airport. I live in Denver, so at least it was a short flight for me yesterday morning.

Plus, we had to be out of the house this weekend anyway to sell it. We signed the contract between dinner and the “show” last night. We met one of our goals for the weekend!