5/20 Presale question

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TieDyedTiger

5/20 Presale question

Post by TieDyedTiger »

Any info on how this works? Any help is appreciated.

bward

Re: 5/20 Presale question

Post by bward »

If I recall correctly, email newsletter subscribers are sent a Presale password approx an hour ahead of the Presale?

Usually in my experience, I get unnecessarily stressed over getting some but not all tix at Homecoming presale but then have no problem getting what I lack at General on sale.

The presale PTSD has clouded my memory, always feels like they release about a dozen tickets and I tell myself "just wait for Gen on sale next year" yet here I am, staying tuned.
TieDyedTiger wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:55 pm
Any info on how this works? Any help is appreciated.

TieDyedTiger

Post by TieDyedTiger »

Thanks!!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Patterson is going to be literally 4 blocks from my house Memorial Day weekend. Playing Vashon Island off Seattle. I can see the island from my house & the ferry dock is 4 blocks away. I'm probably going to have to pass on the show for financial reasons & wait for DBT in February. Tickets for the solo show are $40 + $20 for the boat ride. & the boat will be ugly on the holiday weekend.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Was today just pre-sale only with general sale starting tomorrow?
Let the outside air in

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

What. The. Actual. Fuck :?: :!:

This is horrible. I'm still trying but I'm gonna guess that the ticket site is just giving me false hope at this point.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

The ticket site is overloaded at this point...I tried several times, showing tix sold out. Then just went to a message about the site having very heavy traffic.
- RedCelt

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Trying to grab Homecoming tix. I don't see a 3-night deal. When I try to buy a single night I get put in a queue then told there are no tickets.

Which one of you assholes bought out the whole damn show?
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I finally managed a ticket for Wednesday.

I guess it's part of the homecoming tradition that the ticketing process be fucked up but really, by 2021 it shouldn't be this hard.

High demand? Really? For DBT Homecoming shows after a year of no shows at all? Who could have guessed? If they can't do the job get somebody who can.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I got a couple Thursdays into my cart at one point early on and then just got continually kicked back to the will call form while the clock ran down to zero and they were released. I'm not gonna panic since there's still opportunity tomorrow, but I could have saved myself a half hour by just forgoing the whole thing. Guess I'll go ahead and cancel my flight that I already booked, just in case.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

We can't do homecoming. I will see y'all at Tipitina's in November!!

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

After the ticketstoday site going to a countdown, Mary was able to get tix for Wed & Thu nights!
- RedCelt

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 am
I got a couple Thursdays into my cart at one point early on and then just got continually kicked back to the will call form while the clock ran down to zero and they were released. I'm not gonna panic since there's still opportunity tomorrow, but I could have saved myself a half hour by just forgoing the whole thing. Guess I'll go ahead and cancel my flight that I already booked, just in case.
Yes, that was my experience until the Wednesday ticket went through after I had pretty much given up.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Now the site is telling me to click on the cart in the upper right hand corner, where no cart exists. I blame Clams. Nice web design, mollusk.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:29 am
I finally managed a ticket for Wednesday.

I guess it's part of the homecoming tradition that the ticketing process be fucked up but really, by 2021 it shouldn't be this hard.

High demand? Really? For DBT Homecoming shows after a year of no shows at all? Who could have guessed? If they can't do the job get somebody who can.
I know my friends in the jam scene usually submit info for ticket lotteries for, say, Phish. Seems like a better, more equitable, and less stressful solution than this.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I managed to get Wednesday and Thursday for Bryan and me.

I’m would think more tickets will be released after presale; this ticket rush with presale happens every year.

When does the “regular” ticket sale begin???

I haven’t been to a concert since last Homecoming, I can’t think of another group of folks with whom I’d like to share germs!!!

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Beaverdam wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:52 am

I’m would think more tickets will be released after presale; this ticket rush with presale happens every year.

I haven’t been to a concert since last Homecoming, I can’t think of another group of folks with whom I’d like to share germs!!!
Same time tomorrow.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Beaverdam wrote:

Yep, it's a tradition. Get shut out during presale, bitch and moan, and then generally it works out with general on-sale the following day. Right now we're still in the "bitch and moan" step. See y'all tomorrow for celebrations.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Saturday is now displayed as “sold out,” but I’m assuming the note just applies to presale.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Now showing Th-Sat as sold out. WTF? This sucks.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Per a Facebook comment there were a total of 70 tickets per show allotted to the pre-sale. So tomorrow we should be fine. Why they do it this way on the other hand is a mystery to me.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Can y’all hear Isbell singing, “Anxiety, why do you always seem to get the best of me?”

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

So would it be premature for us to all start checking extended,extended, extended weather forecasts for January of 2022, so that we can collectively start to worry about how weather might impact Athens travel plans????

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Got Wednesday and Thursday nights for HC eventually, more than I was expecting after the site said nothing available after about 3 minutes.

Can the presale for 2023 happen at the 40 Watt on the Saturday night after 2022 HC ends? 🤣

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Difficult to fathom, after 11 years of HC, it is not likely we will be there. That said, imma squirrelling away here and there, with an eye on the European tour. Gawd willing and the creek don't rise! Godspeed everyone. Long live Rock!
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

blessedcurse wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:34 pm
Difficult to fathom, after 11 years of HC, it is not likely we will be there. That said, imma squirrelling away here and there, with an eye on the European tour. Gawd willing and the creek don't rise! Godspeed everyone. Long live Rock!
Not what I expected to read after seeing your name on the index for the first time in a while. Bummer. Still time to change your mind :) I was definitely in for the last, canceled Euro tour and I'm about 60% in for the upcoming one. Let's compare notes a little closer to the tour. Best to your beautiful family.

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:03 pm
blessedcurse wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:34 pm
Not what I expected to read after seeing your name on the index for the first time in a while. Bummer. Still time to change your mind :) I was definitely in for the last, canceled Euro tour and I'm about 60% in for the upcoming one. Let's compare notes a little closer to the tour. Best to your beautiful family.
Thank you my friend, I will pass on your wishes to the family, who all, I am sure, send their best. We'll certainly discuss the euro tour later on. And, you are correct - never say never.
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:55 am
Beaverdam wrote:

Yep, it's a tradition. Get shut out during presale, bitch and moan, and then generally it works out with general on-sale the following day. Right now we're still in the "bitch and moan" step. See y'all tomorrow for celebrations.
Boom.