Where will first DBT show be when things open again?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ilockyer

Re: Where will first DBT show be when things open again?

Post by ilockyer »

Barring some kind of miraculous speed up of vaccination in Europe, those first shows back definitely won't be over here. Full capacity shows here aren't allowed until 21 June (at the earliest), though socially distanced gigs can happen before. I'd certainly hope all of the DBT shows have sold too well for that to be an option in the venues they're in.

A tour around the same time next year would be excellent, ideally taking in a slot at Glastonbury (I'm allowed to dream).

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

ilockyer wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:36 pm
Barring some kind of miraculous speed up of vaccination in Europe, those first shows back definitely won't be over here. Full capacity shows here aren't allowed until 21 June (at the earliest), though socially distanced gigs can happen before. I'd certainly hope all of the DBT shows have sold too well for that to be an option in the venues they're in.

A tour around the same time next year would be excellent, ideally taking in a slot at Glastonbury (I'm allowed to dream).
Yes, 2022 is more realistic for the Euro shows.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

ilockyer wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Spoilsport.

(Yes youre probably right)

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Received e-mail notice today that the June 25 show in Evanston has been rescheduled to September 3. I think that's a realistic date all things considered. It is too optimistic to hope that a tour starts by August and this is just one of many shows?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mr. B wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:46 pm
Received e-mail notice today that the June 25 show in Evanston has been rescheduled to September 3. I think that's a realistic date all things considered. It is too optimistic to hope that a tour starts by August and this is just one of many shows?
I don't know when the next tour will start or where it will go but this sounds right to me given the current state of play on COVID, the vaccine, etc. I had been thinking in terms of a "fall tour" that would start in September but it could just as easily be August. In light of recent events in Evanston re reparations, it would be an interesting place to start the tour.

Just to be clear, I don't have any actual information, I'm just speculating along w/ everyone else.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

George

Post by George »

Ooh, I like the Red Rocks suggestion. That's in my neck of the woods.

I want to say they played there in maybe 2018 or 2019 with two other acts - I think Tedeschi & Trucks and someone else. I probably should have gone but I hadn't seen DBT in person yet (gasp!) and didn't want to see them as an opening act.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Still holding my tix for SF and Petaluma.
But, we are open to heading to wherever it is.
Absolutely cannot wait to see all your faces at the show.
Stay Safe, get the Jab(s), wasn’t too bad at all...(and I’m incredibly ‘needle phobic’)
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I just bought a ticket to the Evanston show. Fingers crossed.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

California just announced shows can resume Aprol15th... we rob our way back
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

The Aarhus, Denmark show has been postponed until 5/29/22. I expect the whole European tour to be postponed until 2022.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming