2021 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray offer

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

uncle rickey

2021 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray offer

Post by uncle rickey »

Dear Friends,

I often joke that of all the DBT shows I’ve seen, my favorite one is the next one.

If you put me on the spot, I’d say that one of the most epic shows I’ve ever seen was the one they played in Philadelphia on November 9, 2016, the day after the last Election. The emotional intensity, the urgent connection with the Union Transfer crowd, and the Truckers’ righteous punk fury on those 27 songs was astonishing. Riveting. At the end of “People Who Died,” Patterson shouted “it’s… great to be alive!” as though every person in that room needed to hear it. We probably did.

Seeing and hearing our band come together in difficult times creates something that transcends turbulent moments. Together with many of you in Philly that night, I felt a connection to something much bigger and better.

While we don’t have that in-person connection right now, I see the same spirit in the at-home livestreams: Patterson, and Cooley, and Jay, in their homes offering songs, tales, and fireside chats… Loose and sometimes ramshackle, their generosity, warmth, and storytelling brings home that broad, deep connection.

During these undeniably tough times, our community reflects this connection every day— gathering virtually, morning coffee in hand, and checking in (really) on each other’s personal mental health and well-being. I’m especially proud too of our Help for HeAthens Fund, which provides no-strings-attached financial support to fellow community members in need.

And so I write with good news. We are it. Our community. However “virtual” right now, we HeAthens, we are here, together. You know the next rock show is worth waiting a few more months, just as you know the community’s going to be ecstatic when the next Homecoming happens. We can’t just tell ourselves this in the interim months—we have to tell each other this.

The way we come together for Nuci’s is the celebration at the center of Homecoming, my favorite time of year. Last year through t-shirt sales, Facebook birthday fundraisers, through art we created and sold (in-person and at the Nuci’s live and silent auctions), through the Friday Hangout raffle, “The Company We Keep” books, and through our DVD fundraiser, we raised over $50,000 for Nuci’s Space. Amazing!

Sarah and I are so happy to keep celebrating this year, and it’s a happiness to ask you to join us by donating as much as you’re able to Nuci’s Space. Every gift of every size to this life-saving, formational haven for young musicians looks forward to what’s next. Every gift magnifies our community’s support of this organization’s critical and singular success in Athens.

It’s time to allow ourselves to get psyched for the next show, the gatherings, the music. Keeping in close touch in these interim months, and giving to Nuci’s as a community, keeps me looking ahead… keeps me feeling that connection to something bigger, and better… keeps me looking forward to what’s next. Think of how great it’ll feel to come together—even from afar this year—and raise as much as we can for Nuci’s. Then think of how great it’s going to feel when we meet up for the next show… for the next Homecoming week. It’s going to be absolutely magnificent.

Please do keep in close touch, and please join me in giving to Nuci’s as generously as your situation permits. It’s great to celebrate together with all of you—it’s great to be alive!

Looking forward,

Luke
a/k/a uncle rickey

P.S. As always, with a donation to our Nuci’s fundraiser you get a special premium: a community-produced DVD or Blu-Ray of a show that you can’t get anywhere else. This year the offer’s even better… both the Dexateens’ and DBT’s sets from Night One of Homecoming 2020! This show was a stunner; I can’t wait to re-live it. John will post some clips below…

Thank you Luke

What a year. DBT puts out 2 great records and we don't get to see them. I'm sure everybody is jonesing. Fortunately we were able to document one performance. And it's from Homecoming so you know it's special. Thanks to DBT and The Dexateens for permission. And David Barbe for the excellent audio track. Cole Taylor and the crew for putting up with us. And of course the 3DD video crew without whom none of this ever gets done--Tyler Eaves, Leslie Bogart, Bill Fraley, Chris Wade, Nick Sainz, Allison Stettler and Jamie Jacobs.

My apologies. This year this offer is not available in Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or overseas

Obtaining your discs is a TWO STEP PROCESS

STEP ONE: Donate to Nucis

A $30 minimum donation for the dvd

A $35 minimum donation for the Blu-ray

you can do that below
This link allows you to choose between Paypal or Credit Card

https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine ... 1607696889

Donations to this link will be automatically reported to us at 3DD. Don't forget step Two

Check
If you're sending a check, make sure you include "3DD" and your user name (if you have one) in the memo line!

Mail it to:

Nuci's Space
396 Oconee Street
Athens, GA 30601

STEP TWO: PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING

SHIPPING AND HANDLING IS PAID TO ME

S&H for the DVD is $6.50

S&H for the BLURAY is $7.50

pay me via Paypal or Venmo--

My Paypal address is jonicont@aol.com

My Venmo address is @John-Contovasilis-1

Or you can send me a check (Email me (jonicont@threedimesdown.com) for my address)

We appreciate folks who put in a little extra for the S&H but please pay the exact amount. That indicates whether you want a bluray or dvd.

Thanks to everyone who donated last year.

ALWAYS GO TO THE SHOW
Jonicont

beantownbubba

Re: 2021 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray offer

Post by beantownbubba »

As always, thanks to all who put this together on all sides of the process. Special thanks to the Dexateens :)

Also, this is a way to remember and honor those we've lost including Hank and Patty this year and Ben always.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Well, THAT was a no-brainer purchase.

We are the ones we've been waiting for. I find that every day with all of you. Thank you. See you for the Royale every morning.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

I'm sure we're all really looking forward to this one. Thanks to all involved for their hard work in making this happen.

therealjustj

Post by therealjustj »

Done. That was easy. IFGTBA!

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Huge bonus having the Dexateens show along with DBT this year. Homecoming 2020 was the last time I saw a live show---looking forward to reliving Thursday night over again!
Let the outside air in

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

schlanky wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:02 pm
Huge bonus having the Dexateens show along with DBT this year.
X2
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

slideonthis

Post by slideonthis »

Thanks for this great chance to re-live a fantastic concert/Home Coming. I must say I was energized to hit the road when I saw the Dexateens hit the bill. Clearly DBT is the draw, but dang Dexateens live is something one should never miss. With that, my phone rang and it was the infamous JimmyC saying "Tace, are you meeting me down there?" Of course he didn't even need to ask me that question, I'd already booked the flight. So, not only was that Home Coming a blast to see DBT and the Dexateens, it was also a chance to hang with JimmyC, cause trouble, run into jonicont at The National, and see some old DBT folks. I will cherish that time in Athens. Top it off with hanging out with my other buddy, Scott Baxendale and it was a near perfect quickie in Georgia.

I can't wait to watch this puppy and turn it up really loud. I want to make sure my neighbors come and knock on my door with multiple complaints.

Jimidee

Post by Jimidee »

Just donated. Will be sending you a Venmo Dr John. Can't wait to go to that show again!
Happy holidays y'all and hope we can do it again in 2022!

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

Thanks!!

@aol? :lol: really doc?!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

gordonlw wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:22 am
Thanks!!

@aol? :lol: really doc?!
You should try my churned butter
Always go to the show

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

Thanks for going through all the effort required to turn out the discs again this year.

It will definitely not be the same not seeing everyone in Athens this year. Stay safe and healthy so we can all get together when this is over!
- RedCelt

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I’m watching this tonight. I watched disc 3 first to faithfully recreate Thursday night around a year ago. Y’all have outdone yourselves with this one. Sorely needed.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs