Homecoming 2021

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Homecoming 2021

Post by Beaverdam »

This time of year, like many of you, I start looking forward to preparing for the annual Athens pilgrimage for Heathens Homecoming. I feel like I should be booking a room somewhere. While the rational side of my brain understands that Homecoming will not happen in 2021 without a miracle, I will greatly miss it. I’ll miss great music and wonderful food. I’ll miss late night walks and meals. Hell, I’ll even miss the way that my shoes stick the 40 Watt floor and the way that bathroom smells!!!

I know that as people become ill, lose jobs, lose family members, or even die, concerts seem like small potatoes, but Homecoming is something special that I will truly miss, and I’m sure that many of you share my sentiments!

I know that as traveling musicians, not touring due to Covid, has to adversely impact our boys. Additionally charitable donations decrease when hard times hit, so I’d imagine (but hope not) that Nucci’s Space could use a boost.

In the past few days I’d wondered about feasibility of a virtual homecoming. I don’t know about the logistics and safety aspect of doing it from the 40 Watt but I can say that I’d definitely pay to watch a video stream, and I’d bet that many of you would as well. Again I don’t want to jeopardize any band or crew members’ health, but I’m just thinking...a video stream from Athens would be awesome!

Now, if a video stream only happened and if DoorDash would deliver the Clocked Diner at 3am I’m February, I’d be all set!

Y’all stay safe!

ilockyer

Re: Homecoming 2021

Post by ilockyer »

I don't know if it's something they've considered, but The Hold Steady did a three night run of livestreamed shows from Brooklyn Bowl in place of the originally planned Massive Nights 5. $15 per show, with fans able to join virtually via Zoom so the band had some interaction, seeing into peoples homes, it worked far better than I imagined it would. The sound and video were really good quality. I'd totally sign up for a DBT virtual Homecoming.
They did a load of merchandise too which seems to have sold well.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I feel like I should be too excited to sleep tonight and driving to Athens tomorrow!

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

We missed the countdown. :(

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

:( :(
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

I should be hung over right now.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

LBRod wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:36 pm
I should be hung over right now.
*getting ready for happy hour at Ted’s :|
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Wow, I even beat Tyler in line, but it’s kind of cold and lonely here outside the 40 Watt. If someone wanted to bring me some line tots or a slice from Little Italy, I’d be forever grateful!!!!

The beer share was kind of a bummer this year too!

I miss y’all. Stay safe!!!

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Beaverdam wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:17 pm

The beer share was kind of a bummer this year too!

I miss y’all. Stay safe!!!
X2
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.