Message from Patterson 8/16/2020

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Message from Patterson 8/16/2020

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Y’all,
Been busy this week working on a filmed performance of Jerry Joseph’s album (from an empty theatre here in Portland). We assembled a stripped down but fantastic band and played it in entirety. Not sure what will be done with it all but I hope to show off a couple of tracks as the opener for my Heathen Songs show this wed on NoonChorus.

Jerry album “The Beautiful Madness” comes out next Friday (8/21). DBT backs him up (with special guest Jason Isbell on one song). It’s been getting rave reviews (8/10 and Americana Album of the Month from Uncut).

I’m in the studio this weekend working on a secret DBT related project TBA soon. YeeHaw. One of the best times I’ve had in 5 months.

Wednesday I will be back in my room performing a new segment of my Heathen Songs show. This one is themed around that actual name as I’m putting together a show pulled from several legal notepads from 1998-2003 that I named Heathen Songs at the time. Songs from those pads ended up on the DBT albums “Decoration Day“ and “The Dirty South” as well as my solo album “Killers and Stars”. It was a fertile and crazy period and I plan on telling some stories to go with.
Wed night 9EDT/6PDT on NoonChorus.

Otherwise, same ole shit. Portland has quieted down a lot since the feds pulled out. This week marked 5 months of quarantine. Nationally we are fast approaching a tipping point to where closed clubs go under permanently. We’re far away from a time of people safely going to Rock Shows and there is a real chance many of our favorite venues will be gone if/when it comes back. I’m frequently depressed over losing my livelihood and not being able to do what I believe I was put on Earth to do. And angry over the stupidity and evil that has caused this to drag out while much of the rest of the world has been able to wrestle it under control and resume a path towards normal life.

Oh, and we can’t go play those countries because our passports aren’t allowed in because of US Covid numbers being so out of control.
Vote as if your life depends on it. Mine does.

I wish I could end this note with my usual “see you at The Rock Show” but...

Thank you for the constant love and support. Thanks for tuning in to my shows I’ve been doing from home. Cooley’s was great this week. I hope to watch Jay’s (from last night) later tonight.

Much love from the great northwest and I’ll see ya when I can.

Long Live Rock and Roll,
Patterson
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Flea

Re: Message from Patterson 8/16/2020

Post by Flea »

This makes me very very sad and very very angry. If this election doesn't end up in a defeat at least as overwhelming as McGovern's in 1972, then I think someone should stick a fork in our ass as a governmental entity.
Now it's dark.

schlanky

Re: Message from Patterson 8/16/2020

Post by schlanky »

Flea wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:31 pm
This makes me very very sad and very very angry. If this election doesn't end up in a defeat at least as overwhelming as McGovern's in 1972, then I think someone should stick a fork in our ass as a governmental entity.
The worst president in history deserves the worst defeat in history.
Let the outside air in