Patreon?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

PeterG

Patreon?

Post by PeterG »

Has anyone seen the Patreon ads about subscribing to support your favorite artists?
I support a couple YouTubers I follow this way and it’s a great way to support individuals who’s work I appreciate.
I feel like after 15 years of DBT getting me through life’s ups and downs, Jen and I would love the opportunity to directly help them through this.
Any thoughts?
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

Mundane Mayhem

Re: Patreon?

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I've had similar thoughts, especially after having now bought 6 separate tickets or whatever it's been over on Noonchorus. I know Patreon is how Erika Wennerstrom is now managing her paid quarantine shows, for example. I'd happily subscribe to a Patreon that included access to those sorts of things as an added perk. I mean, hell, I'd happily subscribe even if it didn't include live performances because, like you said, this band has done a lot more for me over the years than I've had the ability to pay back.

I also don't mind the a la carte thing, necessarily, so I'm not complaining about the status quo. It might be that DBT's fanbase is big enough and hardcore enough that having one-off streams is the more lucrative model for them.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs