DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Bill in CT

Re: DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Post by Bill in CT »

It was great to hear Goodbye! I've only seen DBT do it once - at my first 40 Watt show which was Thursday Homecoming in 2009 - the "request" show.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Tequila Cowboy wrote: Holy shit.
I've enjoyed every solo show I've ever seen, but the setlist he did tonight was just fucking amazing.

Heavy and Hanging. The Carly Simon cover. Tough Sell on acoustic. Home Front. Nice mix of new and old and stuff you don't hear much.

I never thought I would ever hear "Goodbye" live.

Happy to hear he plans more of these. Hell of a performance.
Last edited by schlanky on Wed May 06, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let the outside air in

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

That was amazing.

I can't say much more right now. I loved that. Thank you.

guitarmanmcs

Post by guitarmanmcs »

They should do this a few times a month. Great for the spirit and as close as we can get to a rock show. I know I’d be at every one.

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

That was so fucking good. As everyone said such a great setlist. Lots of unexpected surprises. But Goodbye>Grand Canyon>World of Hurt completely killed me. I was a weeping emotional mess. (maybe a little drunk) Completely drained when it was over. A perfect night and just what I needed.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

I CANNOT WAIT FOR COOLEY'S SET!!!

Are we sure he has the technology?

chitowntrucker

Post by chitowntrucker »

Did anyone experience lots of skips, buffering and drops? I think it's my connection at home, but was just wondering.
Either way was pretty awesome!

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

chitowntrucker wrote:Did anyone experience lots of skips, buffering and drops? I think it's my connection at home, but was just wondering.
Either way was pretty awesome!
I did at the beginning. Then I moved up into my own Heathen Attic where the router is and that solved most of my issues. Very occasional buffering from that point on.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Direwolfpdx

Post by Direwolfpdx »

305 Engine wrote:I CANNOT WAIT FOR COOLEY'S SET!!!

Are we sure he has the technology?
The stream Cooley and Hood did on Tuesday had Cooley just sitting on his couch playing. Sound wasn’t as good as Hood’s setup, but still enjoyable for sure.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:Goodbye
Grand Canyon
World of Hurt

On a night full of rarities, surprises, covers, the whole 9 yards, it was the "encore" that took it to another level. Wow.
Forgot to say:

I'm not usually a fan of shows that start w/ new songs, but this show was an exception. Really enjoyed the new one, "Last Hope" which seemed like it might be pretty stellar (hard to be sure on one listen) and which started a pretty quirky set list off on the right foot.

If we had been asked before the show which 1970's pop hit Patterson would cover I don't think anyone would have come up w/ "You're So Vain." :D

Audience was right around 500 for most of the night (which probably means a bit higher because of people viewing together). I don't know what the metrics are for these kinds of shows but that seems like a great turnout to me.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote: it was the "encore" that took it to another level.
Ooops. I guess there was a literal encore after I logged off. "Sinkhole" for those of you keeping score at home.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

He’s definitely set the bar high for future installments of the Huckleberry Finn adventure
Always go to the show

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Does anyone have a set list?

I hope this (or at least some of it) will pop up on YouTube? I wasn't able to tune in but it looks like an enjoyable set...

Mr. Boh

Post by Mr. Boh »

cortez the killer wrote:
Mr. Boh wrote:pretty pumped for this, havent seen Patterson solo in a few years,went out and got a bottle of Jameson just for it. Seems Samsung TV browser will let me login.
Holy shit! A Mr. Boh sighting! Your ears must've been ringing as I just gave you a shout-out in the GBV/Pollard thread a few days ago. Good to see you are still alive & kicking.
:)

Glad to see you took the plunge into GBV. Long Live Rockathon!

Alive and rocking man...had a lot of life stuff happen that just killed my interest in message boards for awhile. Cheers!

Mr. Boh

Post by Mr. Boh »

WHEN WALTER WENT CRAZY!!!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Had a few technical glitches but thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. Loved the deep cuts - Home Front, Goodbye, Disappear, Walter, etc. Also loved the outtake from PH's memoir not to mention the emotional thumping of Grand Canyon and World of Hurt.

Patterson set the bar pretty high, can't wait to see what Cooley has up his sleeve.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Does anyone have a set list?

I hope this (or at least some of it) will pop up on YouTube? I wasn't able to tune in but it looks like an enjoyable set...
Last Hope
Heathens
Heavy and Hanging
Airplane Screams
When Walter Went Crazy
Herdin' Again
You're So Vain
Six o'Clock Train
Disappear
Left of the Dial
The Tough Sell
The Home Front
Quarantine Together
Sinkhole

**per Facebook (I didn't see the show)
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Clams

Post by Clams »

Courtesy of Wordman over on FB

Clams

Post by Clams »

Mr. Boh wrote: doin well dude, been awhile hasnt it? still rocking just not online as much. How bout you clams?
Oh I've got a few aches, pains, gripes and complaints but overall I'm pretty good. Good to see you. How's your pop? I remember pregaming with you and him before a Philly show back in the day at the Electric Factory if I'm not mistaken.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I am in no way trying to bitch or sound like a sour puss, but my stream was awful last night. I would often watch for thirty seconds or so, then have to refresh. I watched on a cell phone, because the site wouldn’t work on the smart tv. I joined in last minute because my wife had to run to the grocery store, and I was trying to get kids to bed.

Any suggestions for improvement with Cooley’s show would be much appreciated.

Even with the technical issues, I enjoyed the music and the chat box.

I really got a kick of out Patterson’s son walking in the room. Anyone who has tried to work from home can relate!

Y’all take care!

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Mr. Boh wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:
Mr. Boh wrote:pretty pumped for this, havent seen Patterson solo in a few years,went out and got a bottle of Jameson just for it. Seems Samsung TV browser will let me login.
Holy shit! A Mr. Boh sighting! Your ears must've been ringing as I just gave you a shout-out in the GBV/Pollard thread a few days ago. Good to see you are still alive & kicking.
:)

Glad to see you took the plunge into GBV. Long Live Rockathon!

Alive and rocking man...had a lot of life stuff happen that just killed my interest in message boards for awhile. Cheers!
I've been there.

Good to hear all is well.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Beaverdam wrote:.... the site wouldn’t work on the smart tv.
My TV didn't work either. Luckily I had the home computer set and ready to go in case of emergency. TV looked fine until show time, then I got a message saying the browser on the TV I bought a few months ago was outdated. Worked great on my computer though.
Let the outside air in

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

There was an encore?? Missed that. I didn't have any technical issues. Worked perfect. I hooked my laptop up to my TV. Ironically enough my internet is lagging this morning for work. :lol:

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

The only glitches I had were during the encore. Im not sure why that would be.

Watched on my laptop while bluetoothing the sound to my stereo.

It was 2am here so luckily noone else was using the internet. Maybe thats what helped the stream for me.

That "chat" function on the feed added to it I felt. A lot of people clearly loving it and appreciating the chance to see a show.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

It was a beautiful night in Austin, so I watched on the back porch. It was great catching up with friends on text during the stream. At one point, it almost felt like I was standing at the Tiki Bar.

World of Hurt was just so perfect. I'm sure my neighbors are wondering who was yelling "It's Fucking Great to Be Alive!" at the top of his lungs.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Beaverdam wrote:I am in no way trying to bitch or sound like a sour puss, but my stream was awful last night. I would often watch for thirty seconds or so, then have to refresh. I watched on a cell phone, because the site wouldn’t work on the smart tv. I joined in last minute because my wife had to run to the grocery store, and I was trying to get kids to bed.

I really got a kick of out Patterson’s son walking in the room. Anyone who has tried to work from home can relate!

Y’all take care!
I was having big-time issues early on until I moved upstairs to sit basically right next to the router. That made things way better. Not something I usually have to do to watch video, but maybe because it's a true livestream it can't preload the content to avoid buffering like most streaming video would do. YMMV. I'll probably try to start downstairs on Friday but will have a quick trigger finger if the issues pop up again.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Clams

Post by Clams »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:I am in no way trying to bitch or sound like a sour puss, but my stream was awful last night. I would often watch for thirty seconds or so, then have to refresh. I watched on a cell phone, because the site wouldn’t work on the smart tv. I joined in last minute because my wife had to run to the grocery store, and I was trying to get kids to bed.

Y’all take care!
I was having big-time issues early on until I moved upstairs to sit basically right next to the router. That made things way better. Not something I usually have to do to watch video, but maybe because it's a true livestream it can't preload the content to avoid buffering like most streaming video would do. YMMV. I'll probably try to start downstairs on Friday but will have a quick trigger finger if the issues pop up again.
My smart TV was working great with the chat right up until the stream started, then it wouldn't load. Had to switch to my 27" desktop computer, which loaded and played the stream but did have some buffering issues throughout. Missed the first song.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Anyone get a capture of the Patterson show? I wasn't able to tune in but it sounds amazing. Ticket purchased for Cooley tonight...

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Patterson's audio and video were one of the best I've seen/heard streaming.

Pro Tip: If the stream starts clipping switch from 5g to 2.4. It sounds ass-backward, but it worked for me.

He set a pretty high bar for Cooley tonight. Love to see that banjo beside the Makers.
Dave

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

See Patterson's doing another show on the 13th. This one a request show.

Can't wait for Cooley later.