DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LBRod

Re: DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Post by LBRod »

New songs tonight. Patterson has been writing.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I was having a bit of a hard time coming with questions for Cooley that didn't sound like this, so I hope some of you got some good ones in.

All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

My only question would be what were you thinking taking questions from idiots like us?

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

LBRod wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:43 pm
My only question would be what were you thinking taking questions from idiots like us?

:lol: :lol:
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

True story:

Bruce Springsteen did a solo stories/songs/Q&A fundraiser. Tix were incredibly expensive, seating was very limited. One would think this was a "superfan only" kind of thing. We get to the Q&A.

First question: From a guy who went to the even more expensive, even more exclusive VIP meet & greet before the show: Why did Bruce discard the tape of original music this guy had given Bruce at the meet & greet, and would he like another?

Second question: "Boxers or briefs?"

Hopefully we will rouse ourselves to exceed this exceedingly low bar tonite.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 am

Hopefully we will rouse ourselves to exceed this exceedingly low bar tonite.
I ended up not sending any, so I'm riding y'all's coattails.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Jonicont wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:56 am
LBRod wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:43 pm

:lol: :lol:
I was going to ask something like, "How disappointed are you in these questions?" or "What's the worst question you've gotten?" but I had a feeling I might be asking for a Snappy Answer to a Stupid Question.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This is a fan board. From time to time we can be a little less than objective in our reactions to the band, the shows, new music, etc. We can be a bit overenthusiastic and expansive. I say that to distinguish the following comments which are none of that:

Cooley was absolutely extraordinary tonight. I've never seen him like this before in terms of attitude, openness, shedding many layers of protective coating, having fun, telling stories, responding honestly to questions and oh, by the way, singing his heart out on some incredibly well chosen songs (not that he can really miss, but still...). If you missed it you have 72 hours to check out the show on noonchorus. I strongly, like STRONGLY recommend that you do so.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

You left out the incredible picking on many songs tonight. Otherwise everything Bubba says is true.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Doing some work in the kitchen this afternoon, I put on Cooley's show from this week while it's still up.

He hit a whole lot of my favorites. I really dug the English Oceans songs. Opening with Natural Light was a treat. I like the acoustic Primer Coat with the harmonica better than the album version, and I really love the phrasing/arrangement of (the song) English Oceans. The way he played it Wednesday is my favorite version I've ever heard of that song.

When we're all older, Cooley needs to host a Captain Kangaroo type show for adults with Brownie as his sidekick.
---
Looking forward to Jay's show tonight.
Let the outside air in

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I played Cooley's show one last time today before it goes dark. Patterson frequently tells us what he's liking and listening to, but not so much with Cooley. Here are the songs Cooley played before he took to the couch on Wednesday:

Keith Richards, "Robbed Blind"
David Barbe, "Why You Gotta Make It So Hard"
Booker T and the DBTs, "Reunion Time"
Charlie Rich, "Mohair Sam"
Kris Kristofferson, "Pilgrim's Progress"

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Patterson's show tonight was next level good.

We got Goode’s Field Road into Great Car Dealer War. We got Your Daddy Hates Me into Something’s Gotta Give. The Assassin. My Sweet Annette. White Knuckles. Do It Yourself. Boys from Alabama with the intro story. Zevon.

I will be rewatching this one as many times as possible while it’s still up.
Let the outside air in

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

schlanky wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:04 pm
Patterson's show tonight was next level good.

We got Goode’s Field Road into Great Car Dealer War. We got Your Daddy Hates Me into Something’s Gotta Give. The Assassin. My Sweet Annette. White Knuckles. Do It Yourself. Boys from Alabama with the intro story. Zevon.

I will be rewatching this one as many times as possible while it’s still up.
That Goode’s Field road was stellar. Don’t recall him ever playing “Play it All Night Long” solo. He rocked that shit out!!!
Always go to the show

Narducci19

Post by Narducci19 »

Anyone else having trouble accessing the archived version of last night's show?

I missed it last night and when I went to Noonchorus today, there is nothing on the Pattersoon hood landing page. In fact there doesn't even seem to be purchasing options for future shows for Hood or Cooley. The only contact info for support seems to be a Noonchorus email, so I emailed them but haven't heard back yet,

I have watched Hood and Cooley both live and after the fact on Noonchorus before, so I know it has worked for me in the past.

Narducci19

Post by Narducci19 »

Narducci19 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:39 pm
Anyone else having trouble accessing the archived version of last night's show?

I missed it last night and when I went to Noonchorus today, there is nothing on the Pattersoon hood landing page. In fact there doesn't even seem to be purchasing options for future shows for Hood or Cooley. The only contact info for support seems to be a Noonchorus email, so I emailed them but haven't heard back yet,

I have watched Hood and Cooley both live and after the fact on Noonchorus before, so I know it has worked for me in the past.
Nevermind, it just seems to have fixed itself an reappeared after an hour of nothing. Maybe they were just having website issues.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Did second listen tonight.

I’d like to see Jerry Joseph put those videos up on YouTube or somewhere. Those versions of those songs are too good not to share with the rest of the world.

Patterson's setlist was just fantastic. Great stories. Loved all the stuff from Killers and Stars.

Start to finish, this was a special show. If the band ever considers releasing stuff from the Quarantine Streams on DVD or audio download, this show needs to be there.
Let the outside air in

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

After 5 years we finally got a desk top. Watched the show friday and really enjoyed it.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

The dog curling up and going to sleep on the sofa next to the guitar is the quarantine show equivalent of the Rock Show's walkoff ending.
Let the outside air in

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

"I know you didn't have anywhere else to turn to hear a pissed off 50 somethin' year old white guy yelling at you from a screen.."

Great show last night from Cooley. I think my favorite so far.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Second listen tonight. Eyes Like Glue and Grievance Merchants were the big standouts to me.

Zip City into Pulaski into Grievance Merchants into Once They Banned Imagine into the dog on the couch with the Kinks playing was one hell of a finish.
Let the outside air in

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Schlanky - Sounds like you got a request in last night! :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Rocky wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 am
Yeah--I was very happy to get Better Than the Truth!

I thought this show was every bit as good as Patterson's last one---two killer shows back to back. He and Cooley both have really gotten into the groove on these quarantine shows.

I'm really digging the 72 hour period for rewatching. Shows as good as the one we got last night are too good to see just once.
Let the outside air in

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

schlanky wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am
Rocky wrote:

I thought this show was every bit as good as Patterson's last one---two killer shows back to back. He and Cooley both have really gotten into the groove on these quarantine shows.

I'm really digging the 72 hour period for rewatching. Shows as good as the one we got last night are too good to see just once.
Patterson was in fine form and plenty of familiar names on the requests & questions. Good job schlanky! Long show w/ a couple of deeper than deep cuts. Really liked the new one though of course it's hard to tell too much from one listen. It's really cool the way both Rebecca and Ansley are part of the "production team" for their respective spouses, communicating w/ the audience in real time as appropriate and apparently committed to high standards. Plus the all important refreshment refills :)

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

schlanky wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am
Rocky wrote:

Good call Britt
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:33 am
Patterson was in fine form and plenty of familiar names on the requests & questions. Good job schlanky! Long show w/ a couple of deeper than deep cuts. Really liked the new one though of course it's hard to tell too much from one listen. It's really cool the way both Rebecca and Ansley are part of the "production team" for their respective spouses, communicating w/ the audience in real time as appropriate and apparently committed to high standards. Plus the all important refreshment refills :)
Yeah. Got that Buffalo Nichols tip jar right up there. Good suggestion Bubba
Always go to the show

rockreid

Post by rockreid »

I was and sort of still am in complete shock he played 867-5309. I heard Summer Cousins play that about 16 or 17 years ago and thought it was simply awesome how they did it. No way (rightfully so) did I expect him to play it. Always go to the show.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Second listen tonight:

I keep going back to that first song. It definitely needs to end up on album at some point. Gorgeous and sad.

The non-answer answer on killing a man in Kansas City was intriguing.

Goodbye floors me every single time I hear it. And I never thought I'd hear Belinda Carlisle Diet.

The version of Sea Island Lonely from this show is the best I've heard. Other standouts for me were Ever South into Southern Accent, Billy Ringo in the Dark, and 867-5309.

The stories are every bit as good as the songs. Even the stories you've heard before, you always get another detail or two---one more puzzle piece.
Let the outside air in

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I enjoyed the Cooley show last night, although was disappointed that Brownie didn't make an appearance. The sound seemed a little low, but I was able to make it work. We ought to get Cooley a proper camera. ;)
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

pearlbeer wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:56 am
I enjoyed the Cooley show last night, although was disappointed that Brownie didn't make an appearance. The sound seemed a little low, but I was able to make it work. We ought to get Cooley a proper camera. ;)
I also know that he is a well of potentially great cover songs. I'd love to hear him do some non-DBT material
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

At Ansley’s suggestion we’re going to have Cooley read actual letters for the next Q&A. You can send those to me and I’ll forward to the Cooley’s

Gavney
154 Britton Cir
Flowood, MS 39232

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved