DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Post by beantownbubba »

"That guy from your dad's favorite band." Love it.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Patterson has updated his show for tomorrow, and it's a big change! This just in by my email.

"Songs of Anger, Hope, and Change"
Patterson Hood on NoonChorus 6/10/20 wrote:A message from Patterson:

Y’all,
Out of respect for the protesters and due to the unrest of the past couple of weeks, I will be playing a different show this week from my original plan.
I had originally planned to play songs from the first 2 DBT albums in honor of our 24th birthday (June 10, 1996).
I hope to come back around to playing that show, perhaps in a couple of weeks. It’ll be fun.

Fun is good, but with so many people I love are hurting right now, it seemed wrong and disrespectful to pretend that everything is ok.
Everything is definitely NOT OK.

DBT has always been a band of conscious and even in our earliest days had a political aspect to what we do.
As we’ve gotten older and spent more time on the road, meeting people of all walks of life and gaining more life experience, our world view has broadened and our songs have reflected that.
I’d like my show this week to pay tribute to the activism of so many people out there protesting for equality and against the abusive and murderous behavior of so many of the people in power towards minorities and the disaffected. Anyone wanting to refund or swap out a purchased ticket for this show will be honored.

I’d like to raise money for The Black Resistance Fund (https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-black-resilience-fund) and play some songs of anger, hope and change.
It’s my hope that my voice won’t be a distraction from all of the hard work left to be done but that it can perhaps shine a little light and spread at least a little moment of musical joy as we all try to continue our long journey into a better day.

I hope you will join me.
Love and Respect,
Patterson Hood
It's nice to know one of the great songwriters of our day also gets caught by auto-correct. Apparently he, too, pits his punts on one lag at a tome.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I used to play football, wasn't good enough for college...

missycurtis90

Post by missycurtis90 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flea

Post by Flea »

missycurtis90 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Meat!
Now it's dark.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Sorry Missy, I kind of do it to everyone. Don't let Ricky beat my ass.
Now it's dark.

09Gamecock

Post by 09Gamecock »

Man, I have been looking forward to the old songs and rarities show since Patterson first announced it. I even set a calendar reminder. His other streaming shows have been really good, and this one was going to be especially great, imo.

Now, more than ever, it would be damn nice to have a small break from the nonstop hysteria, politics, protesting, race/class/police wars, health scares, and whatever else is going on in the world. I would just like to pour some whiskey at the house with Patterson cranked up LOUD, singing some of his brilliant songs that don't see much daylight anymore.

While Patterson is obviously going to do what he sees fit and what he desires, I don't personally understand why he decides to almost constantly broadcast his politics these days. We all knows where he stands. Better yet, most of us agree with (many of) his positions. The ones who don't agree almost certainly aren't going to change their minds to appease Patterson. Maybe it's an attempt to shift the band towards more radical positions, or maybe it's just too much social media, that feeds this obligation. I don't really know.

Anyway, clearly, I'm bummed out that he's not playing the show he has been talking about for weeks. Maybe it will come back around at some point. I want to continue to support Patterson during this extended drought from touring, so hopefully he won't forget about his songs that made us fall in love with him.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

09Gamecock wrote:Man, I have been looking forward to the old songs and rarities show since Patterson first announced it. I even set a calendar reminder. His other streaming shows have been really good, and this one was going to be especially great, imo.

Now, more than ever, it would be damn nice to have a small break from the nonstop hysteria, politics, protesting, race/class/police wars, health scares, and whatever else is going on in the world. I would just like to pour some whiskey at the house with Patterson cranked up LOUD, singing some of his brilliant songs that don't see much daylight anymore.

While Patterson is obviously going to do what he sees fit and what he desires, I don't personally understand why he decides to almost constantly broadcast his politics these days. We all knows where he stands. Better yet, most of us agree with (many of) his positions. The ones who don't agree almost certainly aren't going to change their minds to appease Patterson. Maybe it's an attempt to shift the band towards more radical positions, or maybe it's just too much social media, that feeds this obligation. I don't really know.

Anyway, clearly, I'm bummed out that he's not playing the show he has been talking about for weeks. Maybe it will come back around at some point. I want to continue to support Patterson during this extended drought from touring, so hopefully he won't forget about his songs that made us fall in love with him.
This is a perilous time in America. I completely understand this decision. Speaking for myself I’m looking for ways to be active and involved and I think all of us our finding our own ways to do that.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

09Gamecock wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:57 pm
Man, I have been looking forward to the old songs and rarities show since Patterson first announced it. I even set a calendar reminder. His other streaming shows have been really good, and this one was going to be especially great, imo.

Oh man. I had my ticket in my cart and was ready to purchase but figured I’d check 3DD at the last minute to see if there was a discount or package deal with the next Cooley show. So glad I checked. Decided not to buy a ticket. I’m going to wait for the PD show.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Patterson live from heAthens attic one more time.

Ronnie & Neil is the 3rd song and the first one to break new ground. Seriously intense, heartfelt almost desperate.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

"Used to be a Cop" Perfect choice, perfectly Patterson.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:Patterson live from heAthens attic one more time.

Ronnie & Neil is the 3rd song and the first one to break new ground. Seriously intense, heartfelt almost desperate.
Evening, Bubba. Every other Wednesday salvation

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Oooops. Resistance, Resilience; Potato, potahto. It's ok Patterson, we get you, we love you.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:Oooops. Resistance, Resilience; Potato, potahto. It's ok Patterson, we get you, we love you.
Hey Bubba, come on over to the group and chat. All the kids are out to play...

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Wallace!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

bonus track: throw another log on the fire, boys! :o

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

I would totally watch SRO on Ice

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

uncle rickey wrote:I would totally watch SRO on Ice
Oh hell yeah

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

uncle rickey wrote:I would totally watch SRO on Ice
I feel like Easy B’s got a salchow in him

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

SRO will be played when they can do it on ice. Literally. W/ backup singers dressed as pregnant Alabama cheerleaders. My suggestion: Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan.

The Part of Him dedicated to Brian Kemp. "If you can't win elections fairly, don't run."

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

"Perilous Night"

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Off-camera applause! I feel like they should pipe in some crowd noise like the German soccer league does

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

"Muddy Waters invented electricity for a reason."

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The by now traditional skipping of half a verse in Righteous Path :) (the part about the boat that aint seen the water in years). But man he was into it.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Digging deep: "The Man I shot"

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Killer version of Puttin' People on the Moon despite stumbling over lyrics to the point where he said/sang "if i could solve the world's problems I'd start w/ remembering the words" :)

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

What’s Going On. Damn.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Good stuff tonight!
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Brilliant heartfelt roll call of some of the recent dead near the end of "What It Means" followed by the perfect closer "What's Going On" where Patterson presumably knew he can't compete w/ Marvin's voice so he turns the song inside out and finds a ton of emotion and meaning. You can almost hear him thinking, "still?!! We're STILL singing this one??? Phew. Wow.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

When do we get "Patterson Hood performs an evening of Mike Cooley songs" and "Mike Cooley presents: The works of Patterson Hood (abridged)"?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever