Quarantine Together

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Quarantine Together

Post by beantownbubba »

schlanky wrote:beantownbubba wrote:

The pairing of I'm Eighteen and Zip City blew me away at the time and still blows me away today. Brilliant.

Brilliant is right. I didn't catch it until you pointed it out on your daily HC review in February (which now feels like a decade ago).

Thanks for pointing that out to folks like me who didn't make the connection when it happened.
:)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm not quite sure he's actually on key but Cooley's vocals on Saturday's Lookout Mountain" are fabulous.

Saturday's "Birthday Boy" is yet another reminder of just how great that song is.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:I'm not quite sure he's actually on key but Cooley's vocals on Saturday's Lookout Mountain" are fabulous.

Saturday's "Birthday Boy" is yet another reminder of just how great that song is.
I've noticed Cooley's backup vocals on a few tracks and you're right they do sound great. The mix on these shows is really interesting - it seems to bring out sounds that I've not heard before on other DBT live stuff - including the crowd, which I'm sure is intentional here. I'll also add that Jay's keyboard work throughout Sounds Better in the Song from the Thursday show is jaw droppingly good.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck