Quarantine Together

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tyler
Site Admin

Quarantine Together

Post by Tyler »

Quarantine Together

You got a smart lookin' face
I hope you don't take that the wrong way
But I saw you walkin' across the street
And wanna hear what you say
And If we find ourself later on
Hanging out and getting along

We might as well quarantine together
Cause we're miserable all alone
Might as well quarantine together
Cause we're miserable all alone

So if you come on over to my place
I promise you I will stay... six feet away
And what if we acclimate?
and call this isolation a date***
Maybe enough time could go by
We could be each others mistake

We're all waiting around to go under
and I ain't getting no younger
And ride out the lightning and thunder
And find a blanket to hide out under

And If we find ourself later on
Hanging out and getting along
We might as well quarantine together
Cause it's miserable all alone
We had might as well quarantine together
Because it's miserable all alone
We had might as well quarantine together
Because it's miserable...

Just debuted on the Paste live thing.... it's in the can, going to be released digitally sometime next month

***correction per Patterson

**** More edits by Tyler... another version popper up with cleaner audio, mostly to the choruses - https://www.facebook.com/wfpklouisville ... 590841624/
To be released 5/1
Last edited by Tyler on Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tyler
Site Admin

Re: Quarantine Together

Post by Tyler »

Clams

Post by Clams »

Awesome! Thanks for posting that Tyler
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Clams wrote:Awesome! Thanks for posting that Tyler
X2
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

How do we get a Dimmer Twins Livestream show together? Could be a cool benefit for the DBT Crew and Nuci's Space?
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

pearlbeer wrote:How do we get a Dimmer Twins Livestream show together? Could be a cool benefit for the DBT Crew and Nuci's Space?
I don’t know about Dimmer Twins but I know Patterson is putting some thoughts into next steps.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:How do we get a Dimmer Twins Livestream show together? Could be a cool benefit for the DBT Crew and Nuci's Space?
I don’t know about Dimmer Twins but I know Patterson is putting some thoughts into next steps.
Yeah....but Cooley screwed up and proved that he CAN use technology in Tuscumbia, with his lovely Prine tribute. I'm just saying, I'd love to see a Livestream of them swapping songs. Maybe for you know, 10 to 12 hours. :)

(good lord I miss live music) :cry:
Last edited by pearlbeer on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Whatever it is I hope it involves an electric guitar somewhere in the mix. All these shows are wonderful and many, many thanks to the artists who are treating us so well, but sometimes you just wanna rock.

Waiting for the official release to hear the new one but love the lyrics. Thanks, Tyler. I mean Patterson. Oh, you know what I mean.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Patterson played another new one on Willie Nelson’s livestream tonight. Didn’t catch the name, but it was an, ummmm, interesting one about getting caught with weed and women’s underwear in Vancouver customs. Can’t say it isn’t timely ;)
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Patterson played another new one on Willie Nelson’s livestream tonight. Didn’t catch the name, but it was an, ummmm, interesting one about getting caught with weed and women’s underwear in Vancouver customs. Can’t say it isn’t timely ;)
I heard the song and enjoyed it...almost as much as women’s underwear!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:
Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Patterson played another new one on Willie Nelson’s livestream tonight. Didn’t catch the name, but it was an, ummmm, interesting one about getting caught with weed and women’s underwear in Vancouver customs. Can’t say it isn’t timely ;)
I heard the song and enjoyed it...almost as much as women’s underwear!
:lol:

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

This is being released as a digital single with an accompanying t-shirt tomorrow on Bandcamp.

Also, Bandcamp is waiving all their fees tomorrow only and passing all the money to artists, so it seems like a great reason to go ahead and buy this on release day. Not that anyone here needs extra convincing.

https://twitter.com/drivebytruckers/sta ... 25088?s=20
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:This is being released as a digital single with an accompanying t-shirt tomorrow on Bandcamp.

Also, Bandcamp is waiving all their fees tomorrow only and passing all the money to artists, so it seems like a great reason to go ahead and buy this on release day. Not that anyone here needs extra convincing.

https://twitter.com/drivebytruckers/sta ... 25088?s=20
Don’t forget those Homecoming downloads also
Always go to the show

scotto

Post by scotto »

Yay! New t-shirt, too.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Shirt and shows ordered. Gotta support the truckers, now more than ever.

Also, can't wait to see how "Six feet away motherfucker" goes over with the folks in Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, lol.
Last edited by Clams on Fri May 01, 2020 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Remember Tee shirts are only available today!

https://drivebytruckers.bandcamp.com/tr ... together-2
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

gepman

Post by gepman »

82 live songs, professionally mixed? Whats not to like about that...
Shirt looks cool too.
Done and done.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

gepman wrote:82 live songs, professionally mixed? Whats not to like about that...
Shirt looks cool too.
Done and done.
Flacs sound great
Always go to the show

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

gepman wrote:82 live songs, professionally mixed? Whats not to like about that...
Shirt looks cool too.
Done and done.
Absolutely incredible. I wonder how difficult it was/how much time was spent in this. I’ve been wanting DBT to make be to live show downloads for the longest time. I would buy every show I attend as well as great looking shows I couldn’t make.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
Shirt looks cool too.
Done and done.
Absolutely incredible. I wonder how difficult it was/how much time was spent in this. I’ve been wanting DBT to make be to live show downloads for the longest time. I would buy every show I attend as well as great looking shows I couldn’t make.
I love how the crowd is way up in the mix, it really gives it that authentic homecoming vibe. Also these shows really fill in some of the more glaring omissions from IGTBA.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Shirt looks cool too.
Done and done.
I assume these are soundboard recordings? They sound great, in any case.

I wonder how often they record shows like this (i.e. how many shows are there in the "archives" that could be given this kind of treatment).
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Zip Up to Michigan wrote: Absolutely incredible. I wonder how difficult it was/how much time was spent in this. I’ve been wanting DBT to make be to live show downloads for the longest time. I would buy every show I attend as well as great looking shows I couldn’t make.

I wonder how often they record shows like this (i.e. how many shows are there in the "archives" that could be given this kind of treatment).
Barbe does multitrack recordings of the homecoming shows and he did it for the IGTBA shows.
Always go to the show

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Love this band. Love that they've done this.

Love Jay's cat and the alphabetised labelling of his music collection.

Love that Cooley would definitely not be doing anything like this unless forced to by circumstance. I will pay many good british pounds to see Cooley stream a live show.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Jonicont wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Zip Up to Michigan wrote: Absolutely incredible. I wonder how difficult it was/how much time was spent in this. I’ve been wanting DBT to make be to live show downloads for the longest time. I would buy every show I attend as well as great looking shows I couldn’t make.

Barbe does multitrack recordings of the homecoming shows and he did it for the IGTBA shows.
Thanks, Doc.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Clams wrote:I love how the crowd is way up in the mix, it really gives it that authentic homecoming vibe. Also these shows really fill in some of the more glaring omissions from IGTBA.
I think you just repeated yourself: The most glaring omission from IGTBA is the crowd being so far down in the mix. I grew up with Frampton Comes Alive, fuckers!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

305 Engine wrote:Love that Cooley would definitely not be doing anything like this unless forced to by circumstance. I will pay many good british pounds to see Cooley stream a live show.
After seeing that video, I have two questions:
  1. Is there anyone in the world who looks less like Billy Zoom when he smiles than Cooley?
  2. Was the the great big pony or the little horse?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

John A Arkansawyer wrote: The most glaring omission from IGTBA is the crowd being so far down in the mix. I
Was just gonna post that this is the live recording for those who didn't like the crowd part of IGTBA.
John A Arkansawyer wrote:Was the the great big pony or the little horse?
LOL, I was wondering about horse v. pony and decided on pony.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Well that didn't work out the way I planned it. I figured live homecoming shows were just the thing to scratch my DBT itch. Turns out it only inflamed it LOL. I think I got it bad. Luckily (?) I'm nowhere near done yet.

A couple of random thoughts beyond the crowd noise:

IIRC I called Thursday's PPOTM definitive. If I did, I was right.

The pairing of I'm Eighteen and Zip City blew me away at the time and still blows me away today. Brilliant.

Cooley's backing vocals on 18 are awesome.

Hood's comments about the Dexateens opening brought back the wonderfulness of the mighty Dexateens set.

Patterson: "I know a bunch of Heathens when I see 'em. Holy shit."

Patterson talking about the virus. Oh man, how little we knew, how little we understood all of 70 something days ago [note to worldwide bill: it's an approximation]

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Clams wrote:
Shirt looks cool too.
Done and done.
I love how the crowd is way up in the mix, it really gives it that authentic homecoming vibe. Also these shows really fill in some of the more glaring omissions from IGTBA.
After some computer problems and being too busy to deal with it, I'm on my first full listen. This is fantastic.

IGTBA is somewhere between a studio album and a Rock Show. This captures it better.

After you've seen the band a bunch, the way the songs sound in your head just don't match the albums. They're always better live. In this recording, the crowd is still there, but it's collective---you don't hear that one asshole talking loudly too close to the taper's mic.

If Barbe recorded last year, they need to sell us that one too.

And these recordings need to be available every year---more money for the band, and maybe give some of it to Nuci's on advance purchases.

beantownbubba wrote:
The pairing of I'm Eighteen and Zip City blew me away at the time and still blows me away today. Brilliant.
Brilliant is right. I didn't catch it until you pointed it out on your daily HC review in February (which now feels like a decade ago).

Thanks for pointing that out to folks like me who didn't make the connection when it happened.
Let the outside air in