New June show announced for Chicago (Evanston)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mr. B

New June show announced for Chicago (Evanston)

Post by Mr. B »

Headlining the "Out of Space" show at Temperance Beer Garden in Evanston on June 26. This is a pretty cool space to see a show -- they do a good job with setting up a stage in the parking lot and there is plenty of good beer to go around. But pretty sure we won't get a full set -- if I recall correctly, Yo Lo Tango did about 75 to 90 minutes at most last year when they headlined the same stage. JD McPherson to open.

I'm thinking this might be a one-off show rather than part of a larger swing through the midwest, as it comes only a week after the 3 week swing through Europe. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Zip Up to Michigan

Re: New June show announced for Chicago (Evanston)

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

JD McPherson and DBT is an awfully tasty double bill.

I’m guessing two one offs means a two nighter at the Thalia is unlikely this year. :cry:

brettac1

Re: New June show announced for Chicago (Evanston)

Post by brettac1 »

I would expect that they will probably end up playing Summerfest in Milwaukee this year, since it runs from 6/24-7/5. IIRC, they haven't played there since 2008 (which was a fucking awesome show.) They played the same stage as Alejandro Escovedo and Lucinda Williams that day and it was a terrific series of shows.
Do you ever get tired of singin' songs
Like all your pain is just another fuckin' sing along?