The Unraveling

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Sterling Bigmouth

Re: The Unraveling

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

https://twitter.com/drivebytruckers/sta ... 54432?s=21

Per DBT’s twitter: new 7” single on Record Store Day. Includes The Unraveling and Sarah’s Flame, a Cooley song from The Unraveling sessions.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

scotto

Post by scotto »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:https://twitter.com/drivebytruckers/sta ... 54432?s=21

Per DBT’s twitter: new 7” single on Record Store Day. Includes The Unraveling and Sarah’s Flame, a Cooley song from The Unraveling sessions.
Well, cool.
But fuck record store day. I hate record store day (and I love records).
Hopefully this is only a RSD "premier," meaning it gets a general release the following week or month or whatever have you, and not a RSD "exclusive," meaning if you miss out you have to pay arms and/or legs on Discogs or Ebay.
That said, Yay!

(Edit: Originally wasn't paying attention and referenced the alleged "Babies in Cages" remix that was rumored for RSD. What happened to that?)

scotto

Post by scotto »

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

scotto wrote:Well, fuck. "Exclusive."
https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelea ... %20Release
And only 2,000 copies. Should be enough but then again no one thought Saturday night Homecoming tickets would sell out in 45 minutes on the day of the general onsale either.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

scotto wrote:Hopefully this is only a RSD "premier," meaning it gets a general release the following week or month or whatever have you, and not a RSD "exclusive," meaning if you miss out you have to pay arms and/or legs on Discogs or Ebay.
I understand the idea behind record store days and the types of exclusives we're now used to, but damn, the law of unintended consequences sure applies. I'd like to think there's a happy medium. In this case it may be that the songs will appear on the next album, which I assume would not violate the exclusivity of the single. But obviously that's just a guess on my part.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

scotto

Post by scotto »

beantownbubba wrote:
scotto wrote:Hopefully this is only a RSD "premier," meaning it gets a general release the following week or month or whatever have you, and not a RSD "exclusive," meaning if you miss out you have to pay arms and/or legs on Discogs or Ebay.
I understand the idea behind record store days and the types of exclusives we're now used to, but damn, the law of unintended consequences sure applies. I'd like to think there's a happy medium. In this case it may be that the songs will appear on the next album, which I assume would not violate the exclusivity of the single. But obviously that's just a guess on my part.
I truly do support independent businesses and records and independent record stores especially, but RSD has turned into "A THING" and that thing now resembles a contest more than a celebration of records and independent record stores. I love that all my favorite bands (and hell, even the bands I don't really like) are selling physical product and attracting human beings into physical stores to buy physical units, but I don't get the "exclusive" thing. Maybe 2,000 copies is plenty, but I doubt it, especially when the "exclusive" tag brings out the Ebay flippers. (Discogs lists 2,472 souls with some version of "Decoration Day," for example, and I have no idea what percentage of Heathens list their collections on Discogs, but I'd guess that percentage is small.) I just wish this would also be offered on the band's website. Maybe it will be. So far I've been lucky and have snagged all the DBT RSD items (and I never go to RSD, much less wait in line, I've been lucky to run across them) I hope I don't sound whiny.
I'm really looking forward to the new songs. Yay!

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

If there is one song to sum up all of 2020 even though we're less than three full months in, it's Awaiting Resurrection.

Will we be caught in the flood
Or something far less stunning
Let the outside air in

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

scotto wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
I truly do support independent businesses and records and independent record stores especially, but RSD has turned into "A THING" and that thing now resembles a contest more than a celebration of records and independent record stores. I love that all my favorite bands (and hell, even the bands I don't really like) are selling physical product and attracting human beings into physical stores to buy physical units, but I don't get the "exclusive" thing. Maybe 2,000 copies is plenty, but I doubt it, especially when the "exclusive" tag brings out the Ebay flippers. (Discogs lists 2,472 souls with some version of "Decoration Day," for example, and I have no idea what percentage of Heathens list their collections on Discogs, but I'd guess that percentage is small.) I just wish this would also be offered on the band's website. Maybe it will be. So far I've been lucky and have snagged all the DBT RSD items (and I never go to RSD, much less wait in line, I've been lucky to run across them) I hope I don't sound whiny.
I'm really looking forward to the new songs. Yay!
Idealist. (I'm w/ ya 100%).
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

So while I understand the gravity of the lyrics of “Heroin Again,” they personally only grab me so much, but the guitar work on that song is amazing.

Flea

Post by Flea »

I wonder if life would be different right now if the album were titled "Snuggling Cute Puppies"?
Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Flea wrote:I wonder if life would be different right now if the album were titled "Snuggling Cute Puppies"?
Maybe. It's certainly a better way to catch a disease than eating a bat sandwich.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Clams

Post by Clams »

dime in the gutter wrote:
nice
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Clams

Post by Clams »

William Eggleston, in case you were wondering (I was)

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/willi ... index.html
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Clams wrote:William Eggleston, in case you were wondering (I was)

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/willi ... index.html
This shot looks familiar ;)

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Couldn't figure out whether to post this here or in the Political Shit thread or someplace else, but goddamn if "Grievance Merchants" hasn't been playing on repeat in my head for the last several days after this senseless bullshit in my own community. Some chilling stuff here about the "man" who perpetrated it.

https://www.newsweek.com/lyndon-mcleod- ... on-1663988
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs