DBTs Mention On Television Show

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bakertom09

DBTs Mention On Television Show

Post by bakertom09 »

There is a show called "The Unicorn." It is a half hour comedy staring the great Walton Goggins who was in the film "The Accountant" which I seem to remember having some tie to the DBTs. He was also Boyd Crowder in the late, great Justified.

Anyway, in this show Goggins plays a widowed father of two navigating the dating scene while raising two daughters and dealing with four friends. In the last episode he meets a woman who invites him to go to a concert with her to see her favorite band who just happens to be our favorite band! Unfortunately, there is no sighting of the band or any music, but my guess is that at least a few people grabbed their phones and looked up who the DBTs are.

It's always cool to see these sort of random things pop up.

PeterG

Re: DBTs Mention On Television Show

Post by PeterG »

Awesome! He was great as ‘Uncle Baby Billy’ on the Righteous Gemstones this year as well.
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

Narducci19

Post by Narducci19 »

There was actually a scene in Justified where Walter Goggin’s character was listening to “I Do Believe” in his bar. Makes me wonder if it is just a coincidence or if he is a fan of the band irl.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

And in "The Shield," we get his character Shane listening to "18 Wheels of Love" in one scene, and another episode opens with "Blessing and a Curse."
Let the outside air in

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Narducci19 wrote:There was actually a scene in Justified where Walter Goggin’s character was listening to “I Do Believe” in his bar. Makes me wonder if it is just a coincidence or if he is a fan of the band irl.
There are no coincidences. Goggins is well known to be a fan of the band.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard