Cooley in Birmingham Dec 14th

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

schlanky

Cooley in Birmingham Dec 14th

Post by schlanky »

If you're going to see Cooley at Saturn on Saturday, we're meeting for dinner before the show at 5 p.m. at El Barrio http://elbarriobirmingham.com. Right now it's Jonicont, RedCelt & RedCelt's wife, and me. If you're in for dinner, please let me know.
Let the outside air in

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: Cooley in Birmingham Dec 14th

Post by Jonicont »

Yeah. I hear El Barrio is excellent
Always go to the show

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Of the handful of Cooley solo shows I've seen, last night's show was the best. He's changed the arrangements of his acoustic versions of some of the songs since I last saw him solo, and it really took it up a notch. I dropped the ball on set listing, but I think Jonicont has a list that will posted sometime later.

The show was fantastic start to finish. Standouts for me were Ramon Casiano and Eyes Like Glue, and also Devil Don't Stay played at a blistering pace. It was also nice to hear stuff you don't hear a lot with the full band: Space City, Checkout Time in Vegas, Pulaski.

Cooley's new shirt design is great too.
Let the outside air in

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

schlanky wrote:Of the handful of Cooley solo shows I've seen, last night's show was the best. He's changed the arrangements of his acoustic versions of some of the songs since I last saw him solo, and it really took it up a notch. I dropped the ball on set listing, but I think Jonicont has a list that will posted sometime later.

The show was fantastic start to finish. Standouts for me were Ramon Casiano and Eyes Like Glue, and also Devil Don't Stay played at a blistering pace. It was also nice to hear stuff you don't hear a lot with the full band: Space City, Checkout Time in Vegas, Pulaski.

Cooley's new shirt design is great too.
Great hanging with you last night Britt. And thanks for the hospitality. Also in attendance were Red Celt and his wife Mary, Beaverdam and his F-in-Law (Mike). Like you said a fantastic show. Cooley did a lot of singing. Crowd was loud IN BETWEEN the songs, very respectful. Not one request from the crowd all night. He also did a double time Shit Shots!! No banter to speak of but he did mention that Carl Perkins would be back in the rotation next year

Checkout Time in Vegas
Birthday Boy
Eyes Like Glue
Cartoon Gold
Ramon Casiano
Gravity's Gone
Perfect Timing
Space City
Self Destructive Zones
A Ghost to Most
Primer Coat
Women Without Whiskey
Uncle Frank
Carl Perkins' Cadillac
72 (This Highway's Mean)
Cottonseed
Pulaski
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Surrender Under Protest
Marry Me
Shit Shots Count
Once They Banned Imagine

Recording to follow soon
Always go to the show

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

schlanky wrote: Cooley's new shirt design is great too.
Say more, please. No shirts last week. Guess that was the home market special.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Mundane Mayhem wrote: Say more, please. No shirts last week.
Dark gray shirt with this:

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Guess that was the home market special.
I'm betting it was just a delivery timing thing. As Cooley said at the opening of Homecoming a few years ago, "We're just traveling t-shirt salesmen, motherfuckers." If he'd have had them last week, he'd have had them out for sale.
Let the outside air in

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

That shirt is great
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

schlanky wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote: Say more, please. No shirts last week.
Dark gray shirt with this:

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Guess that was the home market special.
I'm betting it was just a delivery timing thing. As Cooley said at the opening of Homecoming a few years ago, "We're just traveling t-shirt salesmen, motherfuckers." If he'd have had them last week, he'd have had them out for sale.
Bitchin'. Thanks for posting.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs