Patterson et al. at Muscle Shoals Sound

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mundane Mayhem

Patterson et al. at Muscle Shoals Sound

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Patterson's been posting up a storm on Instagram from Muscle Shoals Sound Studio with the Dickinsons, his dad, and Spooner in various combinations.

Wonder what he's up to down there. Lyrics for a song "The Put Upon" that he wrote are visible in this one.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

John A Arkansawyer

Re: Patterson et al. at Muscle Shoals Sound

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Patterson's been posting up a storm on Instagram from Muscle Shoals Sound Studio with the Dickinsons, his dad, and Spooner in various combinations.

Wonder what he's up to down there. Lyrics for a song "The Put Upon" that he wrote are visible in this one.
It's gotta be his next solo record. I meant to try to go to that show in Huntsville tonight, dammit.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I thought it was Lilly Hiatt sessions?
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Patterson's been posting up a storm on Instagram from Muscle Shoals Sound Studio with the Dickinsons, his dad, and Spooner in various combinations.

Looks like they released The Kraken :lol:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

scotto

Post by scotto »

Smitty wrote:I thought it was Lilly Hiatt sessions?
Yeah, saw her post of 3614 Jackson Hwy at the same time. Nice.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

scotto wrote:
Yeah, saw her post of 3614 Jackson Hwy at the same time. Nice.
She obviously has a history with DBT and her her dad has a long history with the Dickinsons. I like this recipe.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The truth turns out to be much better and stranger and weirder than any of us could imagine. Seriously. It's a great story, so I'll just give away the ending. If you want to be surprised, then don't read past the next three words. On tonight's stream,

Patterson explained they were finishing a record with Jim Dickinson called "The Dickinsons and the Hoods", featuring, well, the three Dickinsons and the two Hoods, with additions from Spooner Oldham on keyboards and Lily Hiatt on vocals.

It did bring back a bitter regret: I missed my chance to book DDT in the late nineties. Life does keep teaching lessons; the problem isn't so much learning them, as getting the next chance to apply them.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

You getting senile on us Smitty. It’s common knowledge that this record has been in the can for years but never got finished

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5264&p=195670&hilit ... on#p195670
Always go to the show

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Jonicont wrote:
You getting senile on us Smitty. It’s common knowledge that this record has been in the can for years but never got finished

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5264&p=195670&hilit ... on#p195670
Senile, or just old and high? :lol: I slipped on this one, which I attribute to crossing my fingers too tight hoping this was actually the Lilly/Hood duo/supergroup project she tweeted about a while back... but this is will work too ;)
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Nice to know what happend. We were booked on that cruise and I have to say I don't blame Cooley. While he might not have wanted to be around those bands, I was hesitant about their fans. When DBT cancelled I freaked! Luckily the company that put on the cruise let me transfer my deposit to the "Gimme 3 Days" cruise.
Those were some killer shows at TTS the other night. Thanks for that video as I can't stream. I really love pinocchio and scotts sister. The second show is on video too.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Swamp wrote: I really love pinocchio and scotts sister.
Patterson told a story about pinocchio kids and peter pan kids before pinocchio.
I have heard most of that story from him a while back. Thinking it couldd have been before Uncle Disney.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?