2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

boyyourself

Re: 2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Post by boyyourself »

I was thinking July in Colorado might be when shows kick off but that hope is dwindling.

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Denmark has pulled all concerts through August so that's Copenhagen and Aarhus off. Sadly must be a matter of time before Europe is cancelled or rescheduled.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

boyyourself wrote:I was thinking July in Colorado might be when shows kick off but that hope is dwindling.
The Seattle make up date is in July. Mighty iffy the way things are going. We'll hope for the best.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

ilockyer wrote:Denmark has pulled all concerts through August so that's Copenhagen and Aarhus off. Sadly must be a matter of time before Europe is cancelled or rescheduled.
Just in: Norway bans all sport and culture events to June 15.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

RolanK wrote:
ilockyer wrote:Denmark has pulled all concerts through August so that's Copenhagen and Aarhus off. Sadly must be a matter of time before Europe is cancelled or rescheduled.
Just in: Norway bans all sport and culture events to June 15.
And DBT was scheduled for 14.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

boyyourself wrote:I was thinking July in Colorado might be when shows kick off but that hope is dwindling.
I was selfishly hoping for the same in late June in Evanston, but that ain't gonna happen.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Mr. B wrote:
I was selfishly hoping for the same in late June in Evanston, but that ain't gonna happen.
At this point I'm just hoping that the Asheville shows resheduled from next week to September won't get cancelled or postponed AGAIN.
Now it's dark.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Of the shows i'm on the hook for, none have been cancelled. Most postponed without reschedule but a few technically still alive.
DBT still on for July. i kinda doubt it.
Wilco postponed, no new date
Sturgill Simpson postponed no new date
Chris Stapleton still on for June. We'll see but I have my doubts
Roger Waters postponed until next year, no specific date yet
Nick Cave still in for October. This one looks like the best bet to happen but we are toward end of tour.

Before the end of the world started, I had been thinking about going to Portland for Flaming Lips w orchestra doing the Soft Bulletin next week. Sure glad I didn't pull the trigger on that with hotel etc.

So far no one is tripping over themselves offering refunds. Towards the beginning of this the Paramount in Seattle was offering refunds even if the show happened. I filled out the form for Wilco (via ticketmaster, bleh) as there was no way i was going to be able to go. They never got back to me as the shit really hit the fan that week. There's some really sneaky stuff going on with that front. Like sudden policy changes affecting purchases already made. I don't think i'm going to be up for being in a crowd anytime soon.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

chuckrh wrote:
So far no one is tripping over themselves offering refunds.
You can say that again. I feel like perhaps Congress needs to step in and demand it, especially as people are losing jobs and their financial situations have changed. My job is safe thus far, but I'd still rather have the money than let Ticketmaster hold onto it for months on end when the show in question hasn't even been rescheduled.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

https://www.bandsintown.com/en/e/102222 ... aign=event

This appears to be today... at 3:30 Central Time, but I’m not sure that I’d interpreting correctly. I’d also like to see Tyler Childers on here later.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Beaverdam wrote:https://www.bandsintown.com/en/e/102222 ... aign=event

This appears to be today... at 3:30 Central Time, but I’m not sure that I’d interpreting correctly. I’d also like to see Tyler Childers on here later.
I’m certainly not tech savvy, but I’ve got this stream going!!!

It worked best on the tv when I went straight through the YouTube ap rather than the Internet ap.

Brad’s drums say “Revival Drum Shop”. Anyone know what’s up with that??!

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
chuckrh wrote:
So far no one is tripping over themselves offering refunds.
You can say that again. I feel like perhaps Congress needs to step in and demand it, especially as people are losing jobs and their financial situations have changed. My job is safe thus far, but I'd still rather have the money than let Ticketmaster hold onto it for months on end when the show in question hasn't even been rescheduled.
https://nyti.ms/3e1RFai
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I am shocked, shocked!, that Ticketmaster is acting in a consumer unfriendly, screw the customer way. Bastards don't change their stripes, especially after being acquired by other bastards, substantially lessening the competition.

We used to have thread upon thread here about the outrages perpetrated by what some called "ticket bastard'; that's tailed off quite a bit, but it's the same damn company doing the same damn predictably assholic things. The amounts of money they're holding on to at the stadium and arena concert level is staggering. I hope state attorneys general do get involved. Good luck to everyone getting their money back on a timely basis.

But I'm impressed w/ three thousand dollars worth of tickets! :o :o
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:I am shocked, shocked!, that Ticketmaster is acting in a consumer unfriendly, screw the customer way. Bastards don't change their stripes, especially after being acquired by other bastards, substantially lessening the competition.

We used to have thread upon thread here about the outrages perpetrated by what some called "ticket bastard'; that's tailed off quite a bit, but it's the same damn company doing the same damn predictably assholic things. The amounts of money they're holding on to at the stadium and arena concert level is staggering. I hope state attorneys general do get involved. Good luck to everyone getting their money back on a timely basis.

Probably all on the visa card, too!

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

beantownbubba wrote:

I'm not too far behind. A couple of DBT and Prophet shows, Willie Nelson, SXSW, Dirty Knobs, Rolling Stones, Sturgill Simpson.....it goes on. I have tickets to the Under the Big Sky music festival in Montana in July, but I'm not optimistic. Also, a Canadian fishing adventure - toast.

Hopefully some/most will be rescheduled or refunded, but honestly, I'm writing most of this stuff off. Losing the money sucks, but losing those experiences hurts.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I got email today from AXS saying July make-up date for Seattle DBT saying show is on. Wonder if the band is down with that?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Sturgill officially canceled his tour--seemingly in part to help fans get their money back. Should be refunded in approx. 30 days. Saw it on Tyler Childers's Instagram.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Sturgill officially canceled his tour--seemingly in part to help fans get their money back. Should be refunded in approx. 30 days. Saw it on Tyler Childers's Instagram.
That's good & bad. Getting the money back good, not seeing Sturgill bad. I'll buy tickets when he tours in the future. I had second row for the show at the Gorge in Washington. The Gorge is a bit of a pain in the butt though (2+ hour drive each way).

reverenddave

Post by reverenddave »

The inevitable European cancellations/postponements are starting. Just got this re: the Paradiso show in Amsterdam.
On Monday, March 23, 2020, the Dutch government in consultation with the National Institute for Health and the Environment (RIVM), inter alia decided that events are prohibited more than one hundred people. This in respect of the containment of the propagation of the coronavirus COVID-19. This decision has been extended: until August 31, 2020 must be suspended all programs and where possible move. For that reason, Drive-By Truckers postponed until further notice.

Given the size of the affected Paradiso program, it may take several weeks before there is more information about the suspended programs. When the changes are obvious, is a program sent an e-mail with information to all ticket buyers. Updates on programs will also be available on the program pages on our website and on this news . Once a final decision on this program, it is also possible to receive a voucher to ask a refund. Will follow more information by e-mail.
Expect the rest will follow shortly.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Newport Folk Festival canceled. that's 2 Trucker shows for me

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Damn. It was clearly inevitable but I retained just a sliver of hope re the European tour, because I wanted to not because it was at all realistic. But now all hope is crushed as the cancellations and postponements start to come in. Damn, damn, damn. Europe in June. 2 new cities, one new country. And two truckers shows, my first since February, possibly w/ a couple of euro newbies. Sigh. Hard to imagine that the rescheduled dates (if any) will align as well w/our lives as this trip, but one can always, ummmm, hope.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

The venue in Breckenridge (July 11 show) just canceled their entire summer concert series.

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

beantownbubba wrote:Damn. It was clearly inevitable but I retained just a sliver of hope re the European tour, because I wanted to not because it was at all realistic. But now all hope is crushed as the cancellations and postponements start to come in. Damn, damn, damn. Europe in June. 2 new cities, one new country. And two truckers shows, my first since February, possibly w/ a couple of euro newbies. Sigh. Hard to imagine that the rescheduled dates (if any) will align as well w/our lives as this trip, but one can always, ummmm, hope.
Just a matter of time before the whole Euro tour is officially cancelled now. What I am hoping for with the somewhat delayed announcement is that they are working with rescheduling dates and want to have everything in place before an announcement is made.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

RolanK wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Damn. It was clearly inevitable but I retained just a sliver of hope re the European tour, because I wanted to not because it was at all realistic. But now all hope is crushed as the cancellations and postponements start to come in. Damn, damn, damn. Europe in June. 2 new cities, one new country. And two truckers shows, my first since February, possibly w/ a couple of euro newbies. Sigh. Hard to imagine that the rescheduled dates (if any) will align as well w/our lives as this trip, but one can always, ummmm, hope.
Just a matter of time before the whole Euro tour is officially cancelled now. What I am hoping for with the somewhat delayed announcement is that they are working with rescheduling dates and want to have everything in place before an announcement is made.
That's been my assumption/hope as well but it seems to be taking an awfully long time. I guess we'll find out when we find out.

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

beantownbubba wrote:
RolanK wrote:
That's been my assumption/hope as well but it seems to be taking an awfully long time. I guess we'll find out when we find out.
I am guessing that tour logistics in Europe is maybe a bit more complicated than in the US. Probably something that may be "outsourced" to local promotors but still, there is crossing of borders, equipment and transportation hire, lodging. If I remember correctly from last tour they did it in a pretty small van hauling a trailer with the gear. Stayed overnight at hotels, some flights to overcome long distances when the van would make the drive during the night. In the US I assume everything is done with the tour bus. Probably also some (huge) uncertainties as to when things will be "back to normal" again with the different strategies between individual countries, politics and all.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

reverenddave

Post by reverenddave »

Logistics of a European tour are going to be a massive headache and seems unlikely it could happen for at least a year. France is implementing a mandatory two week quarantine for anyone coming into the country from outside EU/Schengen. That is expected to be in effect till mid-July at least. Meanwhile, Ireland has closed its pubs till August, UK likely to do the same until some point in mid-summer. In most the phased reopening plans I've seen, pubs/restaurants would return before theaters, clubs, cinemas, and live music venues which are in the last phase. Would seem to make it unlikely before the end of this year. Even then, absent a vaccine you'd expect some type of social distancing to be in place which would lower venue capacity and make it less financially viable.

Reluctantly exiled in France for the time being, this Euro run was going to be the highlight of year since I get to see them so infrequently even before COVID. Now it's hard not to be extremely pessimistic about a seeing them anytime soon.

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

So here's my dilemma. The LA show in March was rescheduled to August 13th. Looking at news it looks like this will most likely be cancelled as well. Has DBT officially cancelled all 2020 tour dates? The venue emailed and said I can get a full refund but only in May. After this month no refunds. So I really want to see them if it ever happens but it will be nice to get my money back if the show is cancelled.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

lajakesdad wrote:So here's my dilemma. The LA show in March was rescheduled to August 13th. Looking at news it looks like this will most likely be cancelled as well. Has DBT officially cancelled all 2020 tour dates? The venue emailed and said I can get a full refund but only in May. After this month no refunds. So I really want to see them if it ever happens but it will be nice to get my money back if the show is cancelled.
Get your money back. You can always buy tickets again if the show miraculously happens. The ticket companies are going to be looking for every excuse not to give you your refund, so take it while you can get it.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
lajakesdad wrote:So here's my dilemma. The LA show in March was rescheduled to August 13th. Looking at news it looks like this will most likely be cancelled as well. Has DBT officially cancelled all 2020 tour dates? The venue emailed and said I can get a full refund but only in May. After this month no refunds. So I really want to see them if it ever happens but it will be nice to get my money back if the show is cancelled.
Get your money back. You can always buy tickets again if the show miraculously happens. The ticket companies are going to be looking for every excuse not to give you your refund, so take it while you can get it.
Agree w/ MM and add that it feels pretty unlikely that DBT will be touring by the summer. So the weight is very much on the refund side of the scale.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Get your money back. You can always buy tickets again if the show miraculously happens. The ticket companies are going to be looking for every excuse not to give you your refund, so take it while you can get it.
And while they still have it! I won't be shocked to see some major organizations go down--and kinda happy if a couple of bad actors are leading the way straight to hell.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be