2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: 2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Post by chuckrh »

holy shit! i just scored tickets for night 2 of Wilco in seattle. night 1 is same as DBT. whew! 2 of my favorite bands in the world back to back!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

anybody know anything about a presale for DBT?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

LBRod wrote:
PeterG wrote:after 15 years of chasing this band all over CA and Nevada they ARE COMING TO MY HOMETOWN!
I am so excited I can’t believe it has happened.
The Booking agent at Humboldt State is a long time DBT fan, (our kids are in the same class since kindergarten)
If anyone is thinking about coming, let me know, I’d love to see you all here on the North Coast!
I’m literally in tears....
That could happen, buddy. You are on the way home from Portland. It's been over 10 years since I saw a Show at Van Duzer.

Was planning on being there until I realized first two rounds of NCAA in Sac are the same days as Portland and Arcata, so I’m out. Definitely going to Fillmore and most likely Mystic as well
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

LBRod wrote:
PeterG wrote:after 15 years of chasing this band all over CA and Nevada they ARE COMING TO MY HOMETOWN!
The Booking agent at Humboldt State is a long time DBT fan, (our kids are in the same class since kindergarten)
If anyone is thinking about coming, let me know, I’d love to see you all here on the North Coast!
That could happen, buddy. You are on the way home from Portland. It's been over 10 years since I saw a Show at Van Duzer.
Love to see you here my friend, Can’t wait for the shows
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

RolanK wrote:Pleased to see so many European dates. Gonna be hard to pick which ones to attend. Can’t do all.
Oslo?
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

dogstar wrote:
RolanK wrote:Pleased to see so many European dates. Gonna be hard to pick which ones to attend. Can’t do all.
Oslo?
Pretty sure I will attend that one, yes. :D Hopefully with a good crowd of fellow heAthens. This is normally a good time to visit the Scandinavian cities.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Glad to see Nashville getting a show. I love the Ryman, I’m just hoping they can fill it up a little better than last time.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Flea

Post by Flea »

I'm thinking those Orange Peel shows look quite nice!
Now it's dark.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Flea wrote:I'm thinking those Orange Peel shows look quite nice!
You drive there and I drive back?

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Glad to see Nashville getting a show. I love the Ryman, I’m just hoping they can fill it up a little better than last time.
I've been to several DBT shows at the Cannery and it seemed like that was the perfect spot for them in Nashville.

I'd love to see a Memphis date pop up but Nashville and St. Louis are easy treks. Looking forward to 2020.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

2 nights at the 930. Sweet.
Dave

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

All ticket outlets have that Leeds date as 4 June, not 5th as per DBT site.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

305 Engine wrote:
Leeds seems a bit random.

Dublin could be fun.
Dublin will be fun; that's pretty much guaranteed.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wimp.

Needless to say it would be way, waaaay cool to catch any of these shows. Intriguingly they're playing several countries/cities that have been on our short list for visits that we just haven't been able to pull off. This two birds w/ one stone thing could be just the ticket, so to speak. Oslo in June? Could be worse choices :)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Very cool. :D 8-) 8-) 8-)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

RolanK wrote:
dogstar wrote:
Oslo?
Pretty sure I will attend that one, yes. :D Hopefully with a good crowd of fellow heAthens. This is normally a good time to visit the Scandinavian cities.
Ah, I see you were way ahead of me. As I should have known.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:anybody know anything about a presale for DBT?
They're calling Thurs 11/21 (that's today if you're reading this the day I posted it!!) the presale but it kinda looks like it's just the first day tix will be on sale. Nice Wilco/Truckers double you got going on :)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I suspect that the post-homecoming scheduling plus the possibility, though remote, of catching a couple of European dates later on will mean that I will not be attending what would normally be "of course I'll be there" shows for me. Somerville is the only definite. New Haven and DC are the next most likely, the latter because it will be presented by my clever PR department as "a chance to visit the kids."

For any out of towners thinking about Somerville, the town has become quite a foodie destination in recent years so pregaming could be pretty tasty and an additional incentive to make the trip. But don't even think about parking. The red line subway will drop you literally at the corner of the venerable venue and that's the way to go. I once saw a Springsteen solo at the Somerville Theater so the place has some history (not only because of that).

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

beantownbubba wrote:
305 Engine wrote:
Leeds seems a bit random.

Dublin could be fun.
Dublin will be fun; that's pretty much guaranteed.
Dublin's overrated :twisted: . Of course, it may not be overrated as a DBT destination.

I'll definitely be doing London. I guess they're playing Leeds as a north of UK date but I wish it was Manchester or Glasgow.

Intrigued to see a scandanavian show as theres obviously a DBT following there. But I'll probably spend my cash on going back to the states for some shows.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
chuckrh wrote:anybody know anything about a presale for DBT?
They're calling Thurs 11/21 (that's today if you're reading this the day I posted it!!) the presale but it kinda looks like it's just the first day tix will be on sale. Nice Wilco/Truckers double you got going on :)
Go figure! No music worth the effort to go out for months & then 2 of my favorite bands play the same week on consecutive nights. This could've been ugly with DBT playing the same night as the first Wilco show. Pure dumb luck I picked night 2 for Wilco. I briefly thought about going both nights but Wilco are a little spendy these days. Who knows what will happen as the theater with Wilco is about a half mile from the club DBT are playing. DBT will be on much later. I wouldn't mind a little DBT/Wilco jam! Pretty sure those guys know each other. Will need to rest up, haha.

Flea

Post by Flea »

ramonz wrote:
Flea wrote:I'm thinking those Orange Peel shows look quite nice!
You drive there and I drive back?
Leslie and I are going down on Wednesday and coming back Sunday. You're more than welcome to travel along if those dates work for you, either way.
Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The mysteries and vagaries of the ticketing process continue. Tried for Somerville right at 10 and was rejected. Tried again and got through and got...lower balcony. OK, first row of the section and "lower balcony" seems to actually be mezzanine, but still, with demand spread over all the available dates, how many people could have logged on at exactly 10 am for Somerville? Or are all the orchestra seats being held for later sale? At the very least I don't see why this process needs to be so mysterious and non-transparent.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:The mysteries and vagaries of the ticketing process continue. Tried for Somerville right at 10 and was rejected. Tried again and got through and got...lower balcony. OK, first row of the section and "lower balcony" seems to actually be mezzanine, but still, with demand spread over all the available dates, how many people could have logged on at exactly 10 am for Somerville? Or are all the orchestra seats being held for later sale? At the very least I don't see why this process needs to be so mysterious and non-transparent.
ran into similar for the Wilco presale yesterday. 1 cool thing: the usual service fees weren't there for the band presale.

Corner Fool

Post by Corner Fool »

brett27295 wrote:Cat's Cradle
Orange Peel night 1
Orange Peel night 2
Winston
In for these

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I put up info about the tour on IORR (Stones fan site). Getting a nice response including from the guy who owns the site in Norway in a private email.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Hitting it hardcore for this run after a slow 2019...

In for...

Carrboro
Charlottesville
Philly
DC x2
Asheville x2
Winston-Salem.

I'll have hit almost twice as many shows by mid-April (11) as I did all of 2019 (6)

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wimp.

Needless to say it would be way, waaaay cool to catch any of these shows. Intriguingly they're playing several countries/cities that have been on our short list for visits that we just haven't been able to pull off. This two birds w/ one stone thing could be just the ticket, so to speak. Oslo in June? Could be worse choices :)
Would be great to have you over for a visit, bubba.

Seems like I might be able to do London and Amsterdam as well. Not able to do Stockholm or Copenhagen. Not a fan of festivals so Stockholm I probably would have passed on anyway. Aarhus is nice town so that one could be interesting.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

there is a presale code needed for Seattle. I guessed & got it right. it is: Showbox . hopefully this helps someone.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Toying with idea of visiting my parents when the boys play the Orange Peel. Will these shows sell out quickly? It’s will call only, and while eating $60 bucks won’t kill me, at this point I would still rather not spend it on tickets I may not use. So if I wait a while, do y’all think I can still get tickets? I am way overdue to visit my parents, they are in poor health and getting worse by the hour
Last edited by whatwouldcooleydo? on Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Toying with idea of visiting my parents when the boys play the Orange Peel. Will these shoes sell out quickly? It’s will call only, and while eating $60 bucks won’t kill me, at this point I would still rather not spend it on tickets I may not use. So if I wait a while, do y’all think I can still get tickets? I am way overdue to visit my parents, they are in poor health and getting worse by the hour
go!